Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by CarlK90245, Feb 5, 2014.

1. smarties

smarties Member

I think it may very well have been the father of the baby, they may have had some sort of argument about the baby, or custody or something. He may have been a bad or violent guy, they got in an argument or something, he got violent and raped and killed her. It just seems so odd that she'd just had a baby, someone had to know about it, and then she disappears? Or maybe she had given up a baby for adoption but the bad guy was still in her life.

2. Susikatze

Susikatze Well-Known Member

WCJD had several good recons done by Carl, so I dont think she is an urgent case for another new recon (but of course i am not keeping anybody from doing more recons on her).
    But so many other UIDs are in need of a "human" recon who either have only a weird doctored postmortem or a bad clay composite.

3. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I have to say I've see one or two of those bad clay composite be spot on.

4. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

I agree, I think that San Doe falls on that category.

A new reconstruction might aid in his identification.

Tabirey and PropaneYeeter like this.
  5. Susikatze

Countless others are in need of a nicer recon, as well. Many have a black and white drawing only. While most of those are well done, a color recon enhances the chances of identification.

6. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

When will her name be revealed? Its taking so long.

Kirsten_N., Tabirey and Laughing like this.
  7. doggybag2355

doggybag2355 Well-Known Member

It's all up to law enforcement, it could take months. Philadelpia Jane doe was identified and confirmed to be identified last year, but hasn't had her name revealed yet due to the ongoing investigation.

j_in_c, Kirsten_N., Tabirey and 7 others like this.
  8. Susikatze

I thought Philadelphia JDs name was witheld on request of her family?

Tabirey likes this.
  9. doggybag2355

No, due to a homicide investigation. And I believe agencies are required to give the names of homicide victims when ready, but I could be wrong on that.

10. luulabobss

luulabobss Well-Known Member

My understanding is that, eventually, homicide victims’ names will be released once any investigations have ended. If there is an active investigation by LE, then the name will remain withheld. If a victim dies by other means (i.e. natural causes or suicide), then it is the decision of the family whether or not to release the identity - please correct me if I am wrong.

11. doggybag2355

That sounds correct to me, this might be a weird case though since they're investigating it as a homicide, when it could have been accidental or negligent of the driver who hit her.

Tabirey likes this.
  12. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

Yes, on most cases the victim's identity is released when the manner of death is homicide.

Tabirey and Susikatze like this.
  13. Susikatze

I am not sure if that is always the case. Take for example Pillar Point Doe. They were identified a very good while ago and it was a definite homicide. Yes, likely, investigations are still going on and who knows how long, but it has been communicated in various media that the name is withheld on request of the family. So I am unsure if it is an automatic process that names have to be released in cases of homicide once investigation has been closed.

Tabirey likes this.
  14. doggybag2355

I had always seen that in that case, Law enforcement has yet to confirm the identity.

Edit: That seems to be the case, straight from their site:

"The DNA Doe Project announced they had tentatively identified Pillar Point Doe, pending confirmation by the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office. No further details, including the name, can be released at this time."

15. ntt1

ntt1 Well-Known Member

From the Reddit post by Anthony Redgrave for Transgender Day of Remembrance, the reason the identity of Pillar Point Doe hasn't been announced is due to it being an ongoing homicide investigation.

16. Susikatze

Thank you for the clarification, then obviously it has been miscommunicated in various media outlets/social media.

17. Mbt

Mbt Active Member

As a native Metro Detroiter, I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of her name. At least (and most importantly) it's known now.

18. MurderMittens

MurderMittens Professional Hot Mess.

Watching and waiting.

19. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Odd that this case is filed under the "Identified" category, and yet she remains NOT identified?

Katrell00, Laughing and Tabirey like this.
  20. doggybag2355

She is identified, but a name hasn't been announced yet, likely due to an ongoing homicide investigation.