Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

So glad for the update DDP gave.
I'm still surprised whoever did her hair didn't recognize her composite over the years. IIRC, they checked out salons, too. Had she been my sister's client, my sister would have known who she was, she was all up in everyone's business.
I realize this could have been done at home, but if it weren't, it boggles my mind no one recognizes their own handiwork. Cut and colors are not quick jobs.

So glad for the update DDP gave.
I'm still surprised whoever did her hair didn't recognize her composite over the years. IIRC, they checked out salons, too. Had she been my sister's client, my sister would have known who she was, she was all up in everyone's business.
I realize this could have been done at home, but if it weren't, it boggles my mind no one recognizes their own handiwork. Cut and colors are not quick jobs.

The most likely explanation is that the person who could have recognized the haircut never saw the composite. I'm constantly surprised how little distribution most of our cases get even within the area where the remains are found. If she was from outside the immediate area, the chances of somebody seeing her go way way down.

:(

Just wanted to share for people who have not looked at the Google Sheet:

Harper Jane Doe has good matches. I am very pleased. She has 13 high-level matches with the highest being 93.7 cm. If there are no major issues, we should see an identification sometime this year.

Just wanted to share for people who have not looked at the Google Sheet:

Harper Jane Doe has good matches. I am very pleased. She has 13 high-level matches with the highest being 93.7 cm. If there are no major issues, we should see an identification sometime this year.
What Google sheet?

I’m new to websleuths so forgive me if I sound to amateurish. I saw her pictures a while ago and couldn’t stop thinking about her. Perhaps because she was a new mom and I knew her baby must have been longing for her. Anyways, I was searching on ancestry forums and I found a woman looking for her long lost sister. She was last seen in Texas in the 1983-1987 and had a son born in Michigan. She was married to the baby’s father and she thinks she might have gone back to Michigan. They haven’t heard from her again. I looked her up on FB to see if she has any family pics but she is not very active. I want opinions. I also looked for the baby’s fathers name and there is a match in MI who is 59 yo, meaning he was 27 when Harper was found. He also lives (according to public records) about 39 mins from the area her body was found. What do you guys think?

I’m new to websleuths so forgive me if I sound to amateurish. I saw her pictures a while ago and couldn’t stop thinking about her. Perhaps because she was a new mom and I knew her baby must have been longing for her. Anyways, I was searching on ancestry forums and I found a woman looking for her long lost sister. She was last seen in Texas in the 1983-1987 and had a son born in Michigan. She was married to the baby’s father and she thinks she might have gone back to Michigan. They haven’t heard from her again. I looked her up on FB to see if she has any family pics but she is not very active. I want opinions. I also looked for the baby’s fathers name and there is a match in MI who is 59 yo, meaning he was 27 when Harper was found. He also lives (according to public records) about 39 mins from the area her body was found. What do you guys think?
I think you should send it in. Anything helps.

Missing in Michigan coordinated the work to identify this young woman via a "doe fund me" event and partnering with the DNA doe project. My understanding is this case is in progress and they have narrowed the field as to her family of origin.

Missing in Michigan coordinated the work to identify this young woman via a "doe fund me" event and partnering with the DNA doe project. My understanding is this case is in progress and they have narrowed the field as to her family of origin.

I didn’t realize they were that close, that’s wonderful. I’ll hold up then.

Reminder that Missing in Michigan is working on identifying her family based on work done in partnership with DNA Doe project. Identification may not be shared with the general public, that information is shared at the discretion of police and her family.

(Note that I work with Missing in Michigan and keep close watch on her case)

I really hope she can be identified. For some reason her case haunts me more than a lot of others.
Prolly the high likelihood of her being a mother. The detail about her still lactating is quite striking.
You can visualize some life scenarios and stories around highly specific details like that.
And all of them are ultimately sad, because the reality is - this woman was killed and is now nameless.
Did a child grow up without a mother, wondering if their mama abandoned them ?
Is the child looking for her or did the killer murder the child as well ? And so on, you get the idea.
I don't consider myself particularly emotionally invested in any of these cases but I can tell why I'm drawn to some cases more than others.

Prolly the high likelihood of her being a mother. The detail about her still lactating is quite striking.
You can visualize some life scenarios and stories around highly specific details like that.
And all of them are ultimately sad, because the reality is - this woman was killed and is now nameless.
Did a child grow up without a mother, wondering if their mama abandoned them ?
Is the child looking for her or did the killer murder the child as well ? And so on, you get the idea.
I don't consider myself particularly emotionally invested in any of these cases but I can tell why I'm drawn to some cases more than others.

I think you're right about the new mother aspect. I normally don't get that invested, either, but there are a few that just reach right in and tug my heart when I think about the human situation.

She's just popped up in Namus that case has been updated. I'm not familiar enough with the case to see what is different, maybe they added some rule-outs or some back-end data that we can't see?
I am not certain but I believe her blood type of O and that she was a secreter was updated; I don't recall seeing that information on her case yesterday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back