Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

I cannot believe no one has suggested Margie Ann Ranshaw NamUs #MP14788, for Harper Jane Doe. I understand that her missing person filing states she went missing May 17, 1987 but that filing was done in 2012. Her case states that her car was located abandoned "a few weeks later" but her family filed her death with the Department of Social Security as "May 1987" (see below) a date of death presumed, possibly before finding the car. Looking at some of the genealogy research her family has done, she had given birth (no date nor partner was listed). She matches all filed physical aspects and I did an overlay of Harper Jane Doe's artist rendering over a known picture of Margie (see below). Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-024008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-024008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200601_191714.jpg
    20200601_191714.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 100
I found these few possibilities. Many are attributed to known serial killers, but of course, this could be incorrect and part of the problem with identifying some missing women in a different location. IMO, if she was from the Detroit area, she would have been identified. My thought was perhaps she was lured/kidnapped into the sex trade and was then killed once she had her baby because that made her want to leave. Again, complete speculation on my part. I agree with so many others that it's very hard to get the idea out of my head of a women who just gave birth, still lactating, experiencing such brutality. There is also the possibility of the father of the child realizing that it wasn't his upon the birth. But I feel like if that were the case, she would have been identified. Hoping this young woman can be identified soon.

Mary Opitz
Theresa Elizabeth Bishop
Miriam A Cavallo
Elizabeth Ann Kenyon

I cannot believe no one has suggested Margie Ann Ranshaw NamUs #MP14788, for Harper Jane Doe. I understand that her missing person filing states she went missing May 17, 1987 but that filing was done in 2012. Her case states that her car was located abandoned "a few weeks later" but her family filed her death with the Department of Social Security as "May 1987" (see below) a date of death presumed, possibly before finding the car. Looking at some of the genealogy research her family has done, she had given birth (no date nor partner was listed). She matches all filed physical aspects and I did an overlay of Harper Jane Doe's artist rendering over a known picture of Margie (see below). Any thoughts?

Maybe! Margie was 29 so would be out of the estimated 16-25 age range but still possible. She definitely looks like the reconstruction

I have noticed that the Namus link was also removed from Detroit Jane Doe page on DDP website. So strange. I suppose that there is an active police investigation... That’s the only explanation which comes to my mind.

Could be that they're doing a homicide investigation and/or they want to have a regular press conference but can't have one yet due to covid-19 so they're waiting to do that. IF she is identified, that is.

Yet in the case of Huntington beach Jane doe who was identified in July 2020 as Anita Piteau, the identification was slowed because they were doing video series about the case. Not sure if it can be the case here

Yet in the case of Huntington beach Jane doe who was identified in July 2020 as Anita Piteau, the identification was slowed because they were doing video series about the case. Not sure if it can be the case here
That's interesting.

That's interesting.
I found the source:
"Huntington Beach detectives have known the identity for more than a month but did not make a formal announcement to the public or confirm Piteau’s identity until inquiries from the Southern California News Group this week. Their announcement was slowed because they had been making a video series about the case – the video has been shelved – and to coordinate with Piteau’s family, Bennett said"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back