Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

I think that if I got a flat and pulled off the roadway, my first thought would be to get assistance. If I can see the lights in the distance of a service station or something I would head towards it. Cutting through the park would be much shorter than going all the way down the road to the exit and coming around. The park was covered in snow and the lake frozen. In fact, when it's covered with snow you can't really tell its a lake. Walking out on it 20 to 30 feet and falling though would certainly kill someone without immediate rescue. The ice simply refroze, covering the hole making it difficult to locate her.

3441740-600704-a-frozen-lake-covered-by-snow-with-ski-track.jpg

There was no snow when she went missing. Also she was mentally ill so she may not have thought rationally as you do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I listened to the audio from her friend James in the news release earlier and am appalled that he is saying the he now believes that Teleka wasn't delusional after all and that he is sure she was telling the truth about being stalked by security. WTH!!!
He has obviously not read her tweets. I can understand him feeling badly about the loss of his friend and maybe feeling guilty for not being able to be there for her that night but dude let's not throw anyone under the bus just yet.

I know this is rather "out there" but a couple of thoughts.....

1. Is it not possible that on her last day at work, due to her erratic and agitated state that her superiors took her aside (obviously as experienced doctors you'd think they'd be well versed in picking up on signs that someone was mentally unwell) and expressed their concern about her state of (mental) health and the behavior(s) she was exhibiting and maybe they even were encouraging her to be seen (as a patient) by a Psychiatrist there and she flipped out and refused? And due to concern, her superiors notified hospital security and hospital security was who she felt was "chasing her"?......and why, when she returned to the hospital with the hotel shuttle she was seen by shuttle driver to be ducking and weaving and hiding behind vehicles? - maybe she was afraid that hospital security would find her?

2. We really have no idea how her performance evaluations were, or how she was really managing 'on the job' - particularly due to very little sleep (judging by the sheer # of tweets, and she had even mentioned in tweets about lack of sleep)....maybe she was 'skating on thin ice' at work (in terms of keeping her job) and something happened that day at work that was 'the final straw' for her....maybe her superiors ordered her off work until she could provide proper medical clearance proving she was fit to return to work....and she flipped and then it all went downhill from there, particularly if she was already experiencing hallucinations and delusions. Maybe there's a reason she left her phone at work........maybe she was actually terminated and had to turn her phone in? Maybe she flipped out and security had to be called and she didn't take her car to the hotel because she feared that hospital security would be watching for her to get into her car? (and therefore she had a coworker drive her). Maybe due to her delusional state of mind she believed that hospital security would follow her to her home and that's why she chose a hotel instead and didn't take her own car there so they couldn't "find her car at the hotel/follow her driving her car to the hotel (not saying this is logical, I'm talking about her possible irrational thought processes due to being paranoid and delusional).

3. Maybe the hospital and her superiors found out about the PPO against her by MS and they confronted her on that last day about their concerns with this.

4. Maybe the reason she left her car on the side of the road and didn't take her personal belongings from it was because she felt in fear for her life, believing that hospital security was "behind" her flat tire (in her delusional paranoid mindset) as a way to disable her vehicle in a sense and slow her down to "get her" and she fled the car, running for her life?

I know this is rather "out there" but a couple of thoughts.....

1. Is it not possible that on her last day at work, due to her erratic and agitated state that her superiors took her aside (obviously as experienced doctors you'd think they'd be well versed in picking up on signs that someone was mentally unwell) and expressed their concern about her state of (mental) health and the behavior(s) she was exhibiting and maybe they even were encouraging her to be seen (as a patient) by a Psychiatrist there and she flipped out and refused? And due to concern, her superiors notified hospital security and hospital security was who she felt was "chasing her"?......and why, when she returned to the hospital with the hotel shuttle she was seen by shuttle driver to be ducking and weaving and hiding behind vehicles? - maybe she was afraid that hospital security would find her?

2. We really have no idea how her performance evaluations were, or how she was really managing 'on the job' - particularly due to very little sleep (judging by the sheer # of tweets, and she had even mentioned in tweets about lack of sleep)....maybe she was 'skating on thin ice' at work (in terms of keeping her job) and something happened that day at work that was 'the final straw' for her....maybe her superiors ordered her off work until she could provide proper medical clearance proving she was fit to return to work....and she flipped and then it all went downhill from there, particularly if she was already experiencing hallucinations and delusions. Maybe there's a reason she left her phone at work........maybe she was actually terminated and had to turn her phone in? Maybe she flipped out and security had to be called and she didn't take her car to the hotel because she feared that hospital security would be watching for her to get into her car? (and therefore she had a coworker drive her). Maybe due to her delusional state of mind she believed that hospital security would follow her to her home and that's why she chose a hotel instead and didn't take her own car there so they couldn't "find her car at the hotel/follow her driving her car to the hotel (not saying this is logical, I'm talking about her possible irrational thought processes due to being paranoid and delusional).

3. Maybe the hospital and her superiors found out about the PPO against her by MS and they confronted her on that last day about their concerns with this.

4. Maybe the reason she left her car on the side of the road and didn't take her personal belongings from it was because she felt in fear for her life, believing that hospital security was "behind" her flat tire (in her delusional paranoid mindset) as a way to disable her vehicle in a sense and slow her down to "get her" and she fled the car, running for her life?
:goodpost: I don't find it "out there". It makes sense out of the beginning of this ordeal. We know the hospital won't give out information either way. Now I wonder how we came to learn her phone and ID were left at the hospital.

Oh, I just heard. Devastated. I guess because they searched there I just didn't think she'd be there. Or I didn't want to believe it. Of course, Teleka would say she's not really been there for quite some time.

She loved this song by David Crowder. I love it too. Whenever I hear that line

"when all of a sudden/ I am unaware of these/ afflictions eclipsed by glory"

I will always be reminded of Teleka. Afflictions eclipsed by glory. She certainly had her challenges to deal with in this life, and some of us have far less and don't accomplish half as much. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends tonight.

David Crowder*Band - How He Loves (Official Music Video) - YouTube

I don't think so...

(Disclaimer: Former dental assistant...but not a forensic dental assistant!)

What holds teeth in the mouth is the bone of the upper mandible, bone in the lower jaw, and the root structure of the teeth themselves...not the gums. (Though gums are important!) When a person suffers serious periodontal disease for an extended period of time, yes, the gums get floppy, loose, and recede, but what makes the teeth loose is that the bone in the mandible and/or jaw is disappearing. You actually 'lose bone'. (and can never regenerate it so FLOSS PEOPLE!!!!) ;)

IMO, unless Teleka wore dentures (and they floated out) or Teleka suffered very serious bone loss over the last few years to the tune of her teeth were flapping and visibly wiggly loose on Dec 5th, they would be intact.

Also, think about how you normally see skulls. Most have teeth intact. :D

:twocents:

P.S. My favorite former employer and current dentist loves to say: You only have to brush the teeth you want to keep!

I wouldn't have thought that teeth would be missing (due to decomposition) either but this came up in another thread here on WS, re: Alfred Wright. At that time, someone posted the following link that shows that sometimes due to decomposition (even in early stages), teeth can come loose from their sockets and be lost:

http://phrtoolkits.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/forensics_haglund_scattered.pdf

"In
cases
of
scattered
human
remains,
complete
dentition
is
frequently
not
recovered
because
teeth separate
from
their sockets early
in the
decomposition
process
and
are overlooked
during
scene
processing.
Available
antemortem
dental
records
may
document
only a
limited
number
of
teeth.
These factors can
combine
to
limit
the
information
available
for
dental
comparisons.
Because
identification by
dental means
is
routine
for skeletonized
human
remains, it
is
important
that
as
many teeth as possible be recovered."

I had an unruly employee once and a PPO was faxed over to us. He had already been served but since we were listed on his place of employment they sent it over anyways.

It was quite awkward also because everyone found out immediately as the fax machine was in the middle of the office.

It is very likely that TP's PPO was sent to Borgess.

I wouldn't have thought that teeth would be missing (due to decomposition) either but this came up in another thread here on WS, re: Alfred Wright. At that time, someone posted the following link that shows that sometimes due to decomposition (even in early stages), teeth can come loose from their sockets and be lost:

http://phrtoolkits.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/forensics_haglund_scattered.pdf

"In
cases
of
scattered
human
remains,
complete
dentition
is
frequently
not
recovered
because
teeth separate
from
their sockets early
in the
decomposition
process
and
are overlooked
during
scene
processing.
Available
antemortem
dental
records
may
document
only a
limited
number
of
teeth.
These factors can
combine
to
limit
the
information
available
for
dental
comparisons.
Because
identification by
dental means
is
routine
for skeletonized
human
remains, it
is
important
that
as
many teeth as possible be recovered."

I think the keys words from your ink are 'scattered remains' and 'complete' dentition. Caylee Anthony's remains were 'scattered'. Teleka's were not. Complete dentition means every single tooth. A skull that has been detatched from its body and dragged around the forest by wildlife is far more likely to be missing some of its teeth. :twocents:

There are just too many examples of badly decomposed bodies being identified by intact teeth for it to be common that teeth routinely fall out due to normal decomp processes. They just don't routinely fall out.

Body in river 8 months:

Medical examiners used dental records to identity the body as Carlee. Sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian said. He said there was no obvious sign of foul play or trauma discovered during an autopsy.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/03/body_pulled_from_jefferson_cou.html

Body in water 2 months

PELL CITY, Alabama — Authorities in St. Clair County have identified a man whose body was found in the Coosa River last week.

St. Clair County Chief Investigators Joe Sweatt tells AL.com (http://bit.ly/1iupt0p ) that investigators used dental records to identify 25-year-old Tywone Caldwell, who jumped from the Stemley Bridge on Jan. 11.

http://www.therepublic.com/w/AL--Body-Identified

Body in water three months:

The decomposed body found this weekend in a Louisiana bayou was identified Monday as that of a teacher missing for three months, the New Orleans Police Department said.

The statement said Terrilynn Monette, who was last seen March 2, was identified through dental records. The death was ruled a drowning, and there were no signs of trauma to the body, police said.

http://myfox8.com/2013/06/10/police...e-if-body-found-in-bayou-is-missing-teachers/

I just hope she wasn't drowning and yelling for help when the police showed up to her car and nobody could hear her.

I have a feeling she took off running towards the lake when she saw the police car since she felt someone was after her.

Rest in peace, Teleka. This was not the outcome I was hoping for. I still think about you every time I drive by the Radisson or Borgess.

Nothing unusual was reported by Borgess staff for that day.

Puts that to rest.

`She was stopping along the median. Not sure if I heard that before. Just driving on it.

Apparently Teleka's family has acknowledged her death on the FB page.

A lengthy almost word for word recap of last press conference...

They thought her intent was to go to St. Louis and they intentionally did not reveal.

Still believe she got into car under own free will

Believe she was headed to St. Louis area

Area was searched several times

January 23 search-numerous holes cut through--effort did not disclose whether she was in the water or not, determined they would return...

Car keys, 100 dollars cash and pager in pocket.

Autopsy results; It is Teleka.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back