GUILTY MI - Driver struck/killed retiree to have sex w/ her body, White Pigeon, 20 Feb 2022 *Arrest*

It is shocking for sure but just looking at the guy, it don’t seem like he presents any out of wack behavior. Obviously we need to know more but a lot of books are judged by the cover. I would fully understand if this lady wanted to remain anonymous but I’d love to hear her if she decided to explain the situation.
Often times these types hide it from others. I haven't read the articles yet but how did he get caught? Nevermind I just read how he was caught. If he hadn't mad the mistakes he made he might not have gotten caught. What if there are other's like this freak and unfortunately are clever to not get caught. I'm sure there are!!!! He's a one off because he got caught. So that's a relief in people's mind but.............. really a one off, maybe not exactly the same method but come on sickos can employ other ways to go about doing their nasty business!!!!!

Last edited:
One thing I have to say is this story isn't widely publisized. IMO it should be. So people know what kind of sickos are out there. I have not heard about this and I'm disappointed because this a very serious situation that has happened and can happen to anyone. This poor woman through no fault of her own happened o be in this sicko's path and died as a result. IMO people don't want this kind of story publicized because they simply want to believe this is a one off. I was reading another horror story I'll have to get the link but there was a female kayaker and she was sexually assaulted by three males luckily she was able to get away. Minding their own businesses and freak shows get in their path. Woman sexually assaulted while kayaking alone on west Georgia river

I wonder what's behind the motion to quash the felony information. All 4 of his current charges are felonies. Does he have other felonies somewhere else or is it just this case that the motion pertains to?

Then there's the motion to suppress his statements and any evidence resulting from the statements. He was on pre-trial release in Jan 2022 when he tested positive for fentanyl. Is his lawyer going to claim he was high when he made his statements or is there something about his arrest that violated his rights? What other reasons could there be?

This one shows the drug charge:

Often times these types hide it from others. I haven't read the articles yet but how did he get caught? Nevermind I just read how he was caught. If he hadn't mad the mistakes he made he might not have gotten caught. What if there are other's like this freak and unfortunately are clever to not get caught. I'm sure there are!!!! He's a one off because he got caught. So that's a relief in people's mind but.............. really a one off, maybe not exactly the same method but come on sickos can employ other ways to go about doing their nasty business!!!!!
I'm sure there are others. A guy who wanted to have sex with dead bodies could get a job at a funeral parlor or at a hospital with access to the morgue, and he could violate corpses to his heart's content day in and day out for decades without anyone ever finding out.

Part of the problem is that these guys get caught and then get a slap on the wrist if the charge is anything short of murder.

Here's another sicko that we have right here in Michigan:

Here's another article:
www.annarbor.com/news/crime/u-m-window-peeper-faces-federal-child-****-charges/
(You'll have to replace the asterisks in the link if you want to access the article; one word is "advertiser censored.")

Christopher Filipek was watching women through their windows at night and masturbating. He was sentenced to up to 25 years in prison, but he was released after about five years, so he is currently free and living in Plymouth, Michigan, according to internet sources.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are others. A guy who wanted to have sex with dead bodies could get a job at a funeral parlor or at a hospital with access to the morgue, and he could violate corpses to his heart's content day in and day out for decades without anyone ever finding out.

Part of the problem is that these guys get caught and then get a slap on the wrist if the charge is anything short of murder.

Here's another sicko that we have right here in Michigan:

Here's another article:
www.annarbor.com/news/crime/u-m-window-peeper-faces-federal-child-****-charges/
(You'll have to replace the asterisks in the link if you want to access the article; one word is "advertiser censored.")

Christopher Filipek was watching women through their windows at night and masturbating. He was sentenced to up to 25 years in prison, but he was released after about five years, so he is currently free and living in Plymouth, Michigan, according to internet sources.
I agree but someone lost their life here. So it is very sad. The fact that she was minding her own business and this freak decides to ram his vehicle into the poor woman, is more on the lines IMO someone intent on doing what they want and hoping they can get away with it. How do we really know what his motive was if Melody had lived then what? So I don't buy his statement that is why he did this horror. That is a big concern of mine. He is making an excuse of a dead body he rammed his vehicle into her because he was going to whether she was dead or alive. This guy was out looking for a victim. That's how serious this is. And yet this is not publicized. I'm in disbelief that other Sleuthers are not taking this aspect into consideration. This is what I mean about these kinds of people sickos. He deliberately struck her he was out looking for a victim. It reminds me of other cases before the advent of cell phones and ring doorbells where criminals/killers struck thier victims on bicylces on the street and kidnapped them. I don't see how this could not have happened to someone riding a bicylce where Melody was in a secluded place. So its more than what this freak states is actually going on if taken into context the entire scenario of what his freak did.

Update: At some point they rescheduled the 10/14 hearing to 12/09/2022. I'll put just the dates first, then the rest of the entries are below.

12/09/2022 10:00 AM - MOTION HEARING TO QUASH; TO SUPPRESS, IN LIMINE
05/17/2023 10:00 AM - FINAL PRE-TRIAL
06/06/2023 1:00 PM - JURY TRIAL

Event Date 10/14/2022
Description SET CASE ON CALENDAR
Comment RESCHED TO 12/09/2022 @ 0100P FROM 12/09/2022 @ 1000A
Next Hearing 12/09/2022 10:00 AM - MOTION HEARING
Comment - TO QUASH; TO SUPPRESS, IN LIMINE

Next Hearing

Next Hearing 06/06/2023 1:00 PM - JURY TRIAL

Event Date 10/07/2022
Description STATUS CONFERENCE
Comment PROSECUTOR ZUIDERVEEN PRESENT IN THE COURTROOM / DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Attorney MEQUIO,JAMES D.,
Comment PRESENT VIA ZOOM TECHNOLOGY / MOTION TO ADJOURN JURY TRIAL /
PARTIES INDICATE TRIAL COULD TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS / COURT FINDS GOOD
Comment CAUSE TO ADJOURN TRIAL / COURT TO ADJOURN FPT & MOTION HEARINGS SET

Event Date = 10/06/2022
Description: MOTION
Comment: TO ADJOURN THE JURY TRIAL W/
Description: SET CASE ON CALENDAR
Next Hearing:
10/07/2022 11:00 AM - STATUS CONFERENCE
Comment - RE: ADJOURNMENT

Update

11/30/2022
RESPONSE TO DEF'S MOTION TO SUPPRESS DEF'S STATEMENTS & ANY
EVIDENCE RESULTING FROM THE STATEMENT W/

12/06/2022
BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF DEF'S MOTION TO QUASH THE FELONY INFORMATION W/

12/09/2022 MOTION HEARING
MOTION TO QUASH (Mequio) - COURT DENIES MOTION, PROSECUTOR PREPARE
ORDER / MOTION IN LIMINE - COURT DENIES MOTION, PROSECUTOR PREPARE
ORDER - COURT DIRECTS PROSECUTOR TO LIMIT "RAPE KIT" REFERENCE TO
CLOSING ARGUMENTS AND OFFICERS NOT SURE THE TERM "RAPE KIT" /

MOTION TO SUPPRESS - WITNESS TESTIMONY / FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT - PARTIES
AGREE HE WAS NOT FREE TO MOVE ABOUT (HANDCUFFED) - COURT DENIES MOTION
TO SUPPRESS / PROSECUTOR PREPARE MOTION / COURT ALLOWS DEFENSE 7 DAYS
TO FILE BILL OF PARTICULARS IF NEED TO

05/17/2023 10:00 AM = Final Pre-trial
06/06/2023 1:00 PM = Jury Trial

Update

11/30/2022
RESPONSE TO DEF'S MOTION TO SUPPRESS DEF'S STATEMENTS & ANY
EVIDENCE RESULTING FROM THE STATEMENT W/

12/06/2022
BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF DEF'S MOTION TO QUASH THE FELONY INFORMATION W/

12/09/2022 MOTION HEARING
MOTION TO QUASH (Mequio) - COURT DENIES MOTION, PROSECUTOR PREPARE
ORDER / MOTION IN LIMINE - COURT DENIES MOTION, PROSECUTOR PREPARE
ORDER - COURT DIRECTS PROSECUTOR TO LIMIT "RAPE KIT" REFERENCE TO
CLOSING ARGUMENTS AND OFFICERS NOT SURE THE TERM "RAPE KIT" /

MOTION TO SUPPRESS - WITNESS TESTIMONY / FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT - PARTIES
AGREE HE WAS NOT FREE TO MOVE ABOUT (HANDCUFFED) - COURT DENIES MOTION
TO SUPPRESS / PROSECUTOR PREPARE MOTION / COURT ALLOWS DEFENSE 7 DAYS
TO FILE BILL OF PARTICULARS IF NEED TO

05/17/2023 10:00 AM = Final Pre-trial
06/06/2023 1:00 PM = Jury Trial
It seems like a long wait for the final pre-trial hearing. I guess the courts are still backed up because of the pandemic.

@Ozoner There aren't any new dates but this took place:

12/13/2022
DENYING DEF'S MOTION TO SUPPRESS DEF'S STATEMENTS & ANY EVIDENCE

RESULTING FROM THE STATEMENT

DENYING DEF'S MOTION TO QUASH FELONY INFORMATION

DENYING DEF'S MOTION IN LIMINE

Hearing Type
JURY TRIAL
06/06/2023 1:00 PM

Next Hearing
Hearing Officer - BRICKLEY,KATHLEEN
Event Date 04/25/2023
Event No./Clerk: 52 - RBS
Description: WITNESS LIST
Comment: 2ND AMENDED

Event Date: 04/13/2023
Event No./Clerk: 51 - RBS
Description: WITNESS LIST
Comment: AMENDED

UGH!! There is ABSOLUTLY NOTHING NORMAL LOOKING about this guy! IMHO How could he manage to have a girlfriend??? Surely he has to have some weird traits and odd behavior. If we as individuals are unable to spot oddities in an individual wouldn't it be great if weirdos had a different smell?!
Tragic and sad. I am deeply disappointed that any judge could let this killer out on the streets! What in the world does some one have to do now in order to be put in jail? Good Grief!

Lone women joggers and hikers have been killed or assault many times. This is just a particularly bizarre case.

Sometimes it's men, but more frequently women:

That doesn't include walkers and hikers.
Yes, but usually they don't intentionally run them over to rape then - and we had two almost back to back cases. Glad it didn't become a trend.

Update:

JURY TRIAL
Hearing Date: 06/06/2023 1:00 PM
Hearing Officer: BRICKLEY, KATHLEEN

STATUS CONFERENCE
Hearing Date: 05/24/2023 1:00 PM
Event Date
05/17/2023
FINAL PRE-TRIAL
53 - HW
Comment
PROSECUTORS BLAIR AND ZUIDERVEEN PRESENT IN THE COURTROOM ALONG WITH
Judge BRICKLEY,KATHLEEN,
Next Hearing
05/24/2023 1:00 PM - STATUS CONFERENCE
Hearing Officer - BRICKLEY,KATHLEEN,

Comment - RE: TRIAL
DEFENSE ATTORNEY / DEFENDANT PRESENT VIA ZOOM TECHNOLOGY / PEOPLE DO
NOT HAVE WITNESS LIST, CV'S OR REPORTS / DEFENSE INDICATES HAVE LIST
BY END OF WEEK / DEFENSE GIVES PEOPLE NAME OF EXPERTS / COURT ORDERS
DEFENSE 6201 BY FRIDAY AT 5 (CV & REPORTS) / COURT SETS MATTER FOR
STATUS CONF ON 5/24 AT 1:00 P.M.

JURY TRIAL
Hearing Date: 06/06/2023 1:00 PM

Event Date = 05/24/2023
Description = STATUS CONFERENCE
Comment
PARTIES PRESENT IN THE COURTROOM / PROSECUTOR ZUIDERVEEN AND BLAIR
DEFENDANT PRESENT VIA ZOOM TECHNOLOGY / STATUS CONFERENCE REGARDING
TRIAL / PEOPLE HAS AN ISSUE WITH NARRATIVES FROM WITNESSES AND THEM
BEING LABELED AS REBUTTAL WITNESSES / PEOPLE REQUEST WRITTEN REPORT
AFTER EXPERTS TESTIFY BY DEFENSE EXPERTS / COURT ORDERS DEFENDANT TO
COMPLY WITH 6.201 BY 5/31/23 A SUMMARY OF EXPERTS OPINION-TESTIMONY /
PEOPLE AGREE THAT EXPERT WITNESSES MAY LISTEN TO OTHER EXPERT
TESTIMONY / TRIAL WILL NOT BE LIVESTREAMED /

Event Date = 05/18/2023
Description = PROOF OF SERVICE AND NOT TO APPEAR

Update for the half day yesterday (6/6):

Event Date = 06/06/2023
Description = JURY INSTRUCTIONS
Comment = PEOPLE'S PROPOSED JURY INSTRUCTIONS

Description = JURY TRIAL HALF DAY
Comment
ALL PARTIES PRESENT IN THE COURTROOM / PROSECUTORS BLAIR & ZUIDERVEEN
WELCOME - JOY OF JURY DUTY / STANDARD JURY INSTRUCTIONS / JURY ARRAY
SWORN / VOIR DIRE / JURY SWORN /

Event Date = 06/07/2023
JURY TRIAL WHOLE DAY
Comment
ALL PARTIES PRESENT IN THE COURTROOM / PROSECUTOR BLAIR & ZUIDERVEEN
JUROR - DARRELL BRINKS EXCUSED / PRELIMINARY JURY INSTRUCTIONS /
OPENING STATEMENT / DEFENSE RESERVES RIGHT FOR OPENING STATEMENT /
WITNESS TESTIMONY /

Interesting update; maybe there will be more added soon.

Event Date = 06/08/2023
Description
JURY TRIAL WAIVED
ALL PARTIES PRESENT / PROSECUTORS ZUIDERVEEN AND BLAIR / WITNESS
TESTIMONY
Judge = BRICKLEY,KATHLEEN,
Attorney = MEQUIO,JAMES D.,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online