GUILTY MI - Ferndale woman jailed for not vaccinating son

What is the age for that one? My dad had shingles, he is not one to complain and he said it was annoying as hell, lol.

It's 65 here unless you want to pay for it. I had shingles a few years ago and thought I was going to die. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Oakland Co. vaccine case judge gets threats online

Critics have made online threats against the Oakland County judge who is presiding*over a case*involving a parent who refuses*to vaccinate her child.

A number of threats against*Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Karen McDonald, including calls for her death,*have been made on social media and other websites.

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office said it has investigated the threatening comments, which were made on various Facebook pages and blogs, and consulted with the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office. Officials determined none of the comments, which came from people as far away as California and Texas, break*any laws...*

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ine-case-judge-gets-threats-online/817626001/

Is everyone here (in this thread) up to date on their vaccines and boosters? I don't remember doctors asking me about anything other than tetanus and the flu shot as an adult.

I've been getting annual flu shot for the last few years and plan to do the 2-shot pneumonia course next month and next year. No recent tetanus and no shingles shot - yet. Will consider both if/when physician recommends. I'm doing B12 shots and monthly allergy injections, so that's enough poking for now :D

Vaccine opt-outs worry Michigan health officials

Lansing — Michigan vaccine waiver rates for school-age children ticked up in 2016 but remain well below 2014 levels after the state began requiring parents to attend educational sessions if they want to delay or decline immunizations.

While public health officials say the parental mandates implemented in 2015 have helped discourage vaccine opt-outs, Michigan’s kindergarten waiver rate still ranks 11th highest in the nation, and some lawmakers want to undo the new state rule.

Data from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services shows 3.2 percent of kindergartners and seventh-graders received immunization waivers in 2016. That’s down from 4.8 percent in 2014 but up from 3.1 percent in 2015.

Michigan was among 36 states that last year experienced a kindergarten waiver rates increase.

“What we’re seeing is more vaccine hesitancy, more vaccine-resistant parents,” said Bob Swanson, division of immunization director for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. “And that’s a concern to all of us.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/li...e-waivers-worry-michigan-officials/107971824/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back