MI MI - Frankie Regina McGraw, 23, Ypsilanti, 28 May 1974

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP50181
Frankie Regina McGraw

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 131 lbs

Brown Hair
Blue Eyes

scar above right eye

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact May 28, 1974
NamUs Case Created May 19, 2018
Last Known Location Map
Location Ypsilanti, Michigan
Washtenaw County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen in Washtenaw County, Michigan in 1978.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Frankie Regina McGraw
47F34CB3-79E3-4646-A233-26AECF346B13.jpeg

NamUs MP#50181
Date of Last Contact: May 28, 1974
Missing From: Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County, Michigan
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Missing Age: 23 Years
Date of Birth: April 30, 1951
First Name: Frankie
Middle Name: Regina
Last Name: McGraw
Height: 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight: 131 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Scar/mark: scar above right eye
Nickname/Alias:
-Frankie R. Pervy
-Frankie R. Peryy
-Frankie R. Plym
-Frankie Regina Campbell
-Frankie Regina Dyed
-Frankie R. McGraw
-Frankie Regina Perry
-Joyce Allen
-Marsha T. Perry
-Marsha Terry Lewis
-Regina McGraw
-Regina Perry
-XX DOE

Circumstances of Disappearance: Last seen in Washtenaw County, Michigan in 1978. [sic] Per MDOC website, McGraw’s escaped a Michigan women’s prison on 05/28/1974.

Investigating Agency:
Michigan State Department of Corrections
-Absconder Recover Unit, Oakland County
2001 Centerpoint Pkwy
Pontiac, MI 48341

Agency Case Number:
(MDOC Inmate #) 132913

Exclusion:
UP11840- 07/26/1974, Barnstable MA

Sources:
MDOC Biographical Information
The News-Palladium, Benton Harbor MI
www.rapsheets.org
www.mugshots.com (only posted because details matched information for Michigan State website)

I am hoping I’m posting this in the correct place (my first one didn’t end up in the forum it should have). Have been doing a little research on “Frankie” and came up with some interesting information. Given the circumstances of her disappearance/escape, I’m not positive what I’m allowed to post here. (I have read the rules a few times ). Maybe someone can help me out.

She has several different aliases but I believe I’ve found her birth name, which is not included on the DOC page. I was able to verify a few marriages (accounting for several of the alias surnames), and a couple of yearbook photos. The photos clearly show some identifying features that the other does not. Her teeth, in particular!

I’ll be happy to share a link to my Google Drive containing all I’ve found on “Frankie” if anyone would like to check over things and make sure they are 1. Accurate to the MP and 2. Authorized to be posted here! TIA!! Any guidance would be great! I’d love to be able to help create threads here on WB - I spend most of my day doing just that for my personal research. ;):D

This one is quite an interesting case!

•MMcG•

Looks like she was about 6+ months into a minimum 2 year sentence when she did a runner.

Funny her parole date is listed as Parole Date: 5/28/1974 , same as the date she escaped I assume. Paroled herself :)

Well a different case for sure, someone missing who doesn't want to be found probably.

Might have gone into other fraud or gone on the game to get money. Maybe worth checking Jane Doe's from Michigan second half of 1974.

Got a feeling this young lady didn't perish though.

Looks like she was about 6+ months into a minimum 2 year sentence when she did a runner.

Funny her parole date is listed as Parole Date: 5/28/1974 , same as the date she escaped I assume. Paroled herself :)

Well a different case for sure, someone missing who doesn't want to be found probably.

Might have gone into other fraud or gone on the game to get money. Maybe worth checking Jane Doe's from Michigan second half of 1974.

Got a feeling this young lady didn't perish though.
I think you’re right, I’m sure she got a few years of freedom at least. She may even have a whole new list of aliases. ;)

Something makes me think she probably eventually became a Doe. Pretty girl, I’ll be keeping an eye out!

Additional photos would be useful. I have to I admit I laughed at a few of her aliases.

glancing, I want to compare her to "the girl in the grey fur coat" in the Alcala thread. I see a few similarities, but also a few uncertainties. A clearer photo would be great!

Additional photos would be useful. I have to I admit I laughed at a few of her aliases.

glancing, I want to compare her to "the girl in the grey fur coat" in the Alcala thread. I see a few similarities, but also a few uncertainties. A clearer photo would be great!

Always worth a check.

Frankie comes across that she is more likely to have ripped Alcala off for a couple of hundred dollars and a lift to California than for Alcala to have got the better of her.

Be good to have her family history. She was only 23 and had a long list of aliases (I'd like to know the story behind 'XXDOE') . So probably had a rough family history but might give some indication as to where she might have ran to, a significant other, kids etc.

Speaking as a 48yo male, she seems like a attractive young lady, so if she had tried to con her way after escaping into money or help playing the damsel in distress to a guy, "please help me, I'm abandoned and have no money..." I have little doubt she would have got some help from a helpful fool.

Frankie Regina McGraw
View attachment 210713

NamUs MP#50181
Date of Last Contact: May 28, 1974
Missing From: Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County, Michigan
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Missing Age: 23 Years
Date of Birth: April 30, 1951
First Name: Frankie
Middle Name: Regina
Last Name: McGraw
Height: 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight: 131 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Scar/mark: scar above right eye
Nickname/Alias:
-Frankie R. Pervy
-Frankie R. Peryy
-Frankie R. Plym
-Frankie Regina Campbell
-Frankie Regina Dyed
-Frankie R. McGraw
-Frankie Regina Perry
-Joyce Allen
-Marsha T. Perry
-Marsha Terry Lewis
-Regina McGraw
-Regina Perry
-XX DOE

Circumstances of Disappearance: Last seen in Washtenaw County, Michigan in 1978. [sic] Per MDOC website, McGraw’s escaped a Michigan women’s prison on 05/28/1974.

Investigating Agency:
Michigan State Department of Corrections
-Absconder Recover Unit, Oakland County
2001 Centerpoint Pkwy
Pontiac, MI 48341

Agency Case Number:
(MDOC Inmate #) 132913

Exclusion:
UP11840- 07/26/1974, Barnstable MA

Sources:
MDOC Biographical Information
The News-Palladium, Benton Harbor MI
www.rapsheets.org
www.mugshots.com (only posted because details matched information for Michigan State website)

I am hoping I’m posting this in the correct place (my first one didn’t end up in the forum it should have). Have been doing a little research on “Frankie” and came up with some interesting information. Given the circumstances of her disappearance/escape, I’m not positive what I’m allowed to post here. (I have read the rules a few times ). Maybe someone can help me out.

She has several different aliases but I believe I’ve found her birth name, which is not included on the DOC page. I was able to verify a few marriages (accounting for several of the alias surnames), and a couple of yearbook photos. The photos clearly show some identifying features that the other does not. Her teeth, in particular!

I’ll be happy to share a link to my Google Drive containing all I’ve found on “Frankie” if anyone would like to check over things and make sure they are 1. Accurate to the MP and 2. Authorized to be posted here! TIA!! Any guidance would be great! I’d love to be able to help create threads here on WB - I spend most of my day doing just that for my personal research. ;):D

This one is quite an interesting case!

•MMcG•

Color me intrigued! I'd be interested in seeing more info.

Bill was located 39 minutes by car (by 2019 measurements) from where Frankie escaped from 20 months earlier. So if it is Frankie, she must have stayed around Detroit area or came back.

Measurements are close, Frankie would have had to have packed on the hamburgers for an extra 20 lbs. Frankie did however have a scar above the right eye, not mentioned in Bill's details.

You could see Frankie when asked about herself joking about being a runaway with a rye smile.

I think Frankie may have been resident at 426 Bruce Avenue Niles, Michigan in 1969.

There's a newspaper clipping from 30th August 1969 that mentions a Frankie Regina McGraw as having violated a temporary instruction permit. Lists her address as 426 Bruce Niles, which I take as Bruce Avenue.

She would have been about 18 at that time.

1969 MI Frankie Regina McGraw - Newspapers.com

Last edited:
Re: XX Doe... if someone is brought into the jail without identification or refuse to give their name or identifying information, they’re often booked in as a Doe. They may be under the influence, uncooperative or possibly arrested in a county that they’d never been before. (Unfortunately some need no introduction when they’re arrested so frequently and taken to the same jail most of the time) I’m betting that’s how she got that alias...but who knows lol

Re: XX Doe... if someone is brought into the jail without identification or refuse to give their name or identifying information, they’re often booked in as a Doe. They may be under the influence, uncooperative or possibly arrested in a county that they’d never been before. (Unfortunately some need no introduction when they’re arrested so frequently and taken to the same jail most of the time) I’m betting that’s how she got that alias...but who knows lol

Thank you, didn't know that.

Thank you, didn't know that.
Anytime! ;)

You or someone should call it in! ;)
I’ve never met this “someone” you refer to, but I don’t mind contacting them! ;):D

I was reading through “Bill’s” thread and it looked like there were one or two more missing girls mentioned as possibilities. I didn’t see them on the exclusion list though...is there anyone else I should mention while I’m at it? I know there was one (Mungia...possibly? I can’t recall her name without going back to the thread) who seemed like a pretty good match.

If anyone can think of someone else just let me know and I’ll contact them tomorrow! :cool:

ETA: Maria Florence Anjiras...was the other one who stood out to me...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back