Still Missing MI - Heather Kelley, 35, mom of 8, phoned kids said would be home soon, car found, Kalamazoo, 11 Dec 2022 *Reward* *arrest*

Vigil held for missing Portage mother

[...]
KALAMAZOO COUNTY, Mich. — Family and friends of a missing mother of eight held a candlelight vigil for her on Sunday.
Heather Kelley has been missing since December 10.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office says the 35-year-old left her home around 9 p.m. She spoke to her children on the phone around 10:20 p.m. and said she would be home shortly, only to never return.
[...]

[...]
“We need closure,” said Lenora Martin, Kelley’s aunt. “We need to find some kind of resolution where we can sleep at night, we can put her to rest. She didn’t deserve to be just out here, wherever she’s at… please, please come forward with any information.”

Martin described Kelley as an outgoing, down-to-earth woman who cared deeply about her kids, ages 2-13 years old.

She says they often hung out with their children and drank Mountain Dew.
[...]

[...]
A day after she disappeared, investigators located Kelley’s car near Sprinkle Road and East Michigan Avenue. KCSO says they found evidence to suggest she has been the victim of a violent crime, but did not specify beyond that.

According to Martin, “a lot” of blood was found in the backseat.

On Friday, a dive team searched a pond as part of the investigation. Martin says KCSO has not said whether it produced any clues in the case.
[...]

Candlelight vigil being held for missing Portage woman, Heather Kelley

[...]
The family is planning to hold a candlelight vigil Sunday at 7 p.m., in the area where Kelley's abandoned vehicle was discovered, on East Michigan Avenue and North Sprinkle Road.

A dive team search was conducted Friday near East Michigan Avenue, according to Kalamazoo County Sheriff, Richard Fuller. There has been no indication that anything was found during the search on Friday, according to Kelley's sister Sarah Raiche.

Heather Kelley was last seen on surveillance footage at a speedway gas station in Comstock Township around 10 p.m., deputies said.
[...]

From a few days ago. Nothing really new here, but the report does mention LE having a POI in her case:

[...]
A person of interest has been identified in the case, "We believe that person has some information that can help us locate our missing person," Fuller said but they have not identified the man by name yet.
[...]

Where is Heather Kelley?

Another view of the Speedway station mentioned earlier in the thread:

Google Maps
Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to figure out which local speedway is the correct one. I can literally see this gas station sign from my house, and her car was found on the same road I live on. I did not know her, but this hits so close to home.

Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to figure out which local speedway is the correct one. I can literally see this gas station sign from my house, and her car was found on the same road I live on. I did not know her, but this hits so close to home.
Welcome to Websleuths! Always nice to have a local posting here.

Have you seen any searching going on outside of the dive team @Sprinkle Road?

I saw the dive team one time before the morning that the "blizzard" hit, which was the 21st i believe. I also saw that the family had the first public search on the 31st in the morning. I wanted to attend but wasn't able to free up the time that morning.

Edit: I also saw the helicopters flying overhead for about 2 days searching for her.

It hasn’t already been throughly searched?
Based on previous MSM reports KZ county LE has searched the area, both land and water, but so far MSM hasn't indicated anything was found.

There have been no reports in local media that LE intends to conduct additional searches, however I wanted to point out that given current weather conditions in the area IMO it would be difficult to find evidence if additional searches were being planned.

JMO
As a mother of five, this is so heartbreaking. AFAIK, she was a good mother and provided for her children, and there were no issues with that. I just cannot stop thinking about these kids suddenly having their Mom disappearing just before Christmas, I am sure their lives have been turned upside down. I hope whatever the outcome, they stay together. I have adult children and children still in elementary school. I know if it was my kids they would want to be together and the older ones would do their utmost to make that happen.

PORTAGE, Mich. — The disappearance of a missing Portage mother of eight is now being investigated as a homicide.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office gave an update on the case Wednesday afternoon, saying they are officially investigating Heather Kelley’s disappearance as a homicide case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back