GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blog seems to reflect that court got off to a late start today. Conversation surrounding short days, late, etc.

So sorry to hear that Woe. I hope your furbaby is ok. I believe it was close to 10 a.m. when Court started. Somewhere between 9:30 and 10 ish. I was only able to peek in a bit.

Court is done until 9 a.m. tomorrow.

woebegone - Please let us know how your puppy is doing. (And thanks so much for all your help on this trial.)

Tuesday, October 28, 2014, eighth day of testimony. Five people testified ~

First, 25th witness, Ralph Lee, bb's tenant and handyman for an apartment complex.

Second, 26th witness, Paul Monroe, one of bb's tenants in 2006.

Third, 27th witness, Julie Rowe, Jane's sister.

Fourth, 28th witness, John Brusstar, Criminal Attorney.

Fifth, 29th witness overall, Donald Calcaterra, Jr., President of Towne Mortgage Co.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/10/28/bashara-trial/18049979/
Article covers testimony of Lee and Monroe.

Not too much media coverage available today.

woebegone - Please let us know how your puppy is doing. (And thanks so much for all your help on this trial.)

Thank you Grammy.
Our girl, who is turning 13 in February, is a yellow Lab. She isn't suffering and recovered quickly. Myself, not so much. We'll have to find out the reason she's having seizures (she's had diabetes for over a year now and takes a shot 2x a day). We love our dogs, right?
She's been with us in the house we have now all these years.

Glad your furbaby is doing well tonight Woe. We do love our furbabies beyond words. I more than understand. Please keep us posted.

I'll be up very very early tomorrow to get State side and attend this trial. Will be a long day so I will post either tomorrow night or Thursday.

Thank you Grammy.
Our girl, who is turning 13 in February, is a yellow Lab. She isn't suffering and recovered quickly. Myself, not so much. We'll have to find out the reason she's having seizures (she's had diabetes for over a year now and takes a shot 2x a day). We love our dogs, right?
She's been with us in the house we have now all these years.

Woe - I'm SO glad she recovered quickly!! After your post I looked up "causes of seizures" on the 'net (stupid, I know, but...) and it appears there's tons. I'm sure you have a good vet that you trust & they'll get to the bottom of it. You & your pooch were in my prayers last night. Hang in there & keep us posted.

Some updates for this morning:

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
Lillian Diallo arrived a few minutes ago - mad as hell - railing about Sprint - something is wrong with her cellphone - so she is using her nine-year-old daughter's phone

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
We are delayed because Bob Bashara has a medical issue

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
He is apparently being evaluated by medical professionals at the jail

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
It's unclear what is wrong or whether or not he's going to be able to make it today right now

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
We are all waiting.

Amy Lange: This is the second time since the start of the trial that Bob has had a medical issue - remember a few weeks ago when we were just getting started he came in and the Judge asked him how he was feeling. He said he had been in the hospital over the weekend. We don't know what the medical issue was at that time either.

Good Morning everyone.
Few errands this here this morning.
I plan to be back here after the lunch break.

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
The Judge is taking the bench - she is calling the attorneys to the bench

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
An aside - Judge is upset that it is so hot in this courtroom - "this is ridiculous"
Liliian Diallo said when she walked in - I see the heat is on hell again.
Judge says its 85 in here and called for someone to come fix the air conditioning

Amy Lange:
They are calling the case without Bob - Judge says we have to determine how to proceed. Bob had a medical emergency today and is being evaluated as we speak, she says.
phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
Judge says it's not clear if they will be able to go tomorrow either given this situation
10:06
phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
Judge says it's not clear if they will be able to go tomorrow either given this situation

10:06
phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
Today's hearing suspended.

[sorry it isn't placed very well, copy/paste from ipad does not work well for me)

Additional info from previous post

Rob Moran says during registration this morning Bob collapsed and was taken to Dickerson and was being evaluated. Doctor says defendant is complaining of pain and is doubled over and not available for court today. Bob just got a cortisone injection for the pain.

Tentative time tomorrow 10 am. Judge is concerned this will put them behind. To make up the time they will go half day on Election Day. Ooops...... that just changed:

phpxuzecolange.jpg
Amy Lange:
Judge Vonda says she was just notified Bob will definitely not be able to be here today.
She says this will be day to day so she doesn't know if we can go this week.

Court is cancelled for the week. Judge expects they will make up the lost time.

Next day, Monday November 3 at 9:30 am

Prosecutor: Robert Bashara collapsed

George Hunter, The Detroit News 10:16 a.m. EDT October 29, 2014

Detroit — Attorneys for Robert Bashara say the Grosse Pointe Park businessman is sick and that jail medics are checking him out Wednesday.

Assistant Prosecutor Robert Moran said Bashara collapsed Wednesday morning.

Lawyers Mike McCarthy and Lillian Diallo say they are unsure what's wrong with Bashara but noted he was in the hospital the night before the trial started earlier this month. Judge Vonda Evans suspended proceedings for Wednesday and is unsure about the rest of this week. Evans will tentatively start at 11 a.m. Thursday and will alert the jury if Bashara can't return...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...4/10/29/lawyers-robert-bashara-sick/18109787/

Bashara murder trial on hold after defendant falls ill

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-murder-trial-on-hold-after-defendant-falls-ill/29403086

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa