MI MI - Jeffrey Willis - Suspected SK in Muskegon County, MI

Thanks for this more info about special

"He's a father, a grandfather, a good friend, a man who – until now – had no criminal record, a Salvation Army bell-ringer.

But also, he's a man who showed glimpses of his dark side – a scary first date, stalking a woman in a Sam's Club parking lot, vile comments at work.

Until his arrest in May, though, nobody had put it all together.

"It's hard to understand that your close friend, someone that you hung around with and liked being around... had this double life," said a former Fruitport High School schoolmate who worked with Willis and remained friends with him.

In a special report tonight at 7 p.m., Target 8 investigator Ken Kolker sits down with long-time friends, classmates and others, taking you behind the two faces of Jeffrey Willis."

http://woodtv.com/investigative-story/unmasked-the-two-faces-of-jeffrey-willis/

The complete Willis unmasked:

[video=youtube;d_EbqTauaFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_EbqTauaFI[/video]

October 24, 2016

Jeffrey Willis case: Ottawa County judge to decide if Muskegon judge stays on
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/crime/je...o-decide-if-muskegon-judge-stays-on/340789603

Willis' attorney also filed a motion that when the case does go to a preliminary hearing that it be closed to the public and media. This sort of hearing typically is open to all; WZZM 13 and other media outlets in West Michigan ask that the defense's request to close the hearing be denied.

That motion will be decided after Knoll's ruling.

October 24, 2016

Ottawa Co. judge will decide if Kostrzewa can hear Willis case
http://woodtv.com/2016/10/24/ottawa-co-judge-will-decide-if-kostrzewa-can-hear-willis-case/

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — An Ottawa County judge will hear a motion to disqualify a Muskegon County judge from presiding over the case of Jeffrey Willis, who is charged with murdering Jessica Heeringa.

The State Court Administrative Office has assigned Ottawa County District Court Judge Bradley Knoll to hear the motion. It’s not yet clear when that will happen.

He was at the poker room in the same strip mall as ExxonMobil the night he kidnapped Jessica. Police say they are just finding this out. How is that even possible?

Because they are learning this as part of a domino effect from another investigation. He tried to kidnap a 16 year old back in April, was very accurately identified unlike before, with the resulting searches linking him to the killing of Rebekah Bletsch in 2014 and the kidnapping of Jessica Heeringa in 2013. It should also be noted that the gas station is not part of the Pointes Shopping Center (strip mall). They are adjacent properties. Linking the kidnapping at the time to a person at an obscure Magic the Gathering tournament next door and a semi-regular customer at the gas station would have been a stretch. The station had no camera and the mall is a scrubby looking little joint on wide open property that may or may not have had cameras.

There are a number of open questions, however, that we may or may not learn over the course of the trials.
~ location of Heeringa's body
~ extent of close friend and cousin Kevin Bluhm's involvement
~ the reason for the involvement of "international authorities"
~ source of Willis's necrophilia and murder videos
~ actual number of victims, including cold cases such as Angela Thornberg

Because they are learning this as part of a domino effect from another investigation. He tried to kidnap a 16 year old back in April, was very accurately identified unlike before, with the resulting searches linking him to the killing of Rebekah Bletsch in 2014 and the kidnapping of Jessica Heeringa in 2013. It should also be noted that the gas station is not part of the Pointes Shopping Center (strip mall). They are adjacent properties. Linking the kidnapping at the time to a person at an obscure Magic the Gathering tournament next door and a semi-regular customer at the gas station would have been a stretch. The station had no camera and the mall is a scrubby looking little joint on wide open property that may or may not have had cameras.

There are a number of open questions, however, that we may or may not learn over the course of the trials.
~ location of Heeringa's body
~ extent of close friend and cousin Kevin Bluhm's involvement
~ the reason for the involvement of "international authorities"
~ source of Willis's necrophilia and murder videos
~ actual number of victims, including cold cases such as Angela Thornberg

I would guess that 3 and 4 on your list are related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess that 3 and 4 on your list are related.

I would agree, but unfortunately it's very much speculation. The references on this case to 'international authorities' are vague, and because of the involvement of kidnapping and child *advertiser censored*, involve a massive stew pot of alphabet local, state, and federal agencies. Beyond that, I'm not sure who exactly that refers to. Interpol? What sort of international agencies have authority in a case like this, would you know? Disturbingly enough, there doesn't appear to be any sort of criminal charges associated with possession of either type of videos,which seems odd in the case of videos depicting real murder.

I would agree, but unfortunately it's very much speculation. The references on this case to 'international authorities' are vague, and because of the involvement of kidnapping and child *advertiser censored*, involve a massive stew pot of alphabet local, state, and federal agencies. Beyond that, I'm not sure who exactly that refers to. Interpol? What sort of international agencies have authority in a case like this, would you know? Disturbingly enough, there doesn't appear to be any sort of criminal charges associated with possession of either type of videos,which seems odd in the case of videos depicting real murder.

I have no idea of the answers to any of your questions. It's just a hunch on my part. Those videos are one of the more horrific aspects of this awful case but it's surprising how little anyone has said about them.

Those videos are one of the more horrific aspects of this awful case but it's surprising how little anyone has said about them.

There are a couple of aspects of the Willis case that overwhelm these two aspects, and I'm sure they're getting overlooked because of it. Heeringa's disappearance was a major case at the time of the kidnapping, with a lot of immediate flack going to the business owner for the lack of cameras in a semi-secluded area. Posters went up in probably every township in Muskegon Country and Grand Rapids besides. When WIllis's "kidnapping kit" showed up in a search of his van, people immediately started pointing at the Heeringa, and to a lesser extent, the Bletsch cold cases. Throwing in four counts of homemade child *advertiser censored* made him an instant focal point of public hatred, so the death penalty and Michigan's lack thereof is a matter of heated argument whenever it comes up. "Lesser" stuff like the videos get overshadowed, as they carry no criminal charges.

Bringing this over from the Jessica Heeringa thread:

I am posting the following for anyone else who is interested. It is a timeline I have been working on prior to the public cases in court, in order to make sense of the details. Good sources relating to this case are local: woodtv, mlive and wzzm

Presumed Victims: Jessica Heeringa, Rebekah Bletsch, 16 y/o Attempted Kidnap Victim
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...f_willis_probe.html#incart_river_index_topics

February 2013 – Purchases 2006 Dodge Caravan
February 2013 – Steals gun belonging to co-worker.
2012 – Begins making semi regular purchases at Heeringa’s gas station.
2012 – Fined for letting his dog run loose, presumably the same time as a court case with a neighbor who accused him of smearing dog feces on their house over it.
June 20, 2011 – Willis’s grandfather, resident of the Bailey St house, passes away.
2008 – Willis’s daughter, now 26, presumably moves out as an adult.
(somewhere between 1992 and 2008 Willis installs bathroom camera)
2006 – Cops called for incident where Willis was filming without consent in another vehicle.
2003 – Works at Hermann Miller
(work gap, spent either as machinist or butcher?)
2002 – Begins stalking Wendy Silvey and others, keeping highly detailed information on them. This pre-dates many quality online utilities and would have required legwork.
2000 – Willis marries current wife.
1995-1998 – Fired from school janitor job for viewing *advertiser censored* at the school.
1996: Cold Case – Angela Thornberg
1992 – 2000 (?) – First wife dies in a car accident.
1992 – Paternity suit with first wife.
1988-1992 (?) – Attends Muskegon Community College as History major.
Cold Case: Pere Marquette

Sorry on my phone and at the moment don't have time to look for the list of possible victims but wondering if the Melissa Simmons murder was looked at. Not many details released but she was 15 from Scottville, MI. She was last seen June 23, 1993 and her body was found by fishermen July 1, 1993, Scottville isn't very far from Norton Shores.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to Pere Marquette River in Mason County, Melissa Simmons 1993. Couldn't remember the name and date. It was investigated as a murder, and there was indicated to be a party in the area, but nobody stepped up. It's not that far from Muskegon, and that's about the time Willis would have been out of college.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to Pere Marquette River in Mason County, Melissa Simmons 1993. Couldn't remember the name and date. It was investigated as a murder, and there was indicated to be a party in the area, but nobody stepped up. It's not that far from Muskegon, and that's about the time Willis would have been out of college.

Ok. I live in Muskegon and there is a Pere Marquette Beach. Thank you for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back