Found Deceased MI - Jerome Ezell, 27, Lansing, 7 Nov 2017

A lack of progress in the search prompted Hill to hire Jason McCausey, a Perrinton, Mich.-based private investigator.*

Since early January, McCausey said Tuesday he's interviewed over 50 people and conducted background checks of Ezell's friends and family members.*

Based on interviews, McCausey said he's received tips from people with ties ranging from Detroit to Florida.*

"We’re keeping hope alive that Jerome is still alive and well," McCausey said,*"but at the same time, we want to provide that closure to the family as well.”

McCausey's investigation is separate from the one Lansing Township police have kept open since November. Township police have received assistance from Lansing police, the Michigan State Police and FBI.*

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...-now-involves-private-investigator/352215002/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

State Police Det. Sgt. Sarah Krebs, who supervises the state police's*Missing Persons*Coordination Unit, is familiar with the Ezell case and is of the belief all authorities have done their best to find him.*

"Now what they need is a cooperating witness," Krebs said Tuesday. "You know that person is out there."*

Anyone with information about Ezell is encouraged to call police at (517) 485-1700.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...-now-involves-private-investigator/352215002/
2008d3b57230fc3616c87387ba147f70.jpg

State Police Det. Sgt. Sarah Krebs, who supervises the state police's*Missing Persons*Coordination Unit, is familiar with the Ezell case and is of the belief all authorities have done their best to find him.*

"Now what they need is a cooperating witness," Krebs said Tuesday. "You know that person is out there."*

Anyone with information about Ezell is encouraged to call police at (517) 485-1700.

cache.php

Huh? Did all they could?

The text about "meet me in the garage" had me thinking drug deal (gone bad). In looking at his arrest records in Michigan I'm leaning, even more, that way. He has multiple arrests for manufacturing and dealing drugs and was or IS on probation. The arrest record has his correct age and full first middle and last name so it's definitely him. (www.searchquarry.com)

Family remembers one year anniversary of missing loved one
On the one year anniversary, the family has a message for Jerome, they want you home no matter what the circumstances are.

"I really can't put my finger on it, it's kind of like an out of body experience," said Jasmine Hill, Jerome Ezell's girlfriend.

"It's not real, seem like it just happened yesterday," said Rosa Ezell, Jerome Ezell's mother.

Body of missing man found 1 year later

[...]

Family is telling us Friday that the body of Jerome Ezell has been found.

His girlfriend, Jasmine Hill, told News 10 Friday night that Ezell's body was found in the woods in Paw Paw and police are treating his death as a homicide.

We're working to get more answers from police.

[...]

Hill says police told her his body was badly decomposed and had been identified through DNA tests.

Video at link.

Dental records helped quickly I.D. Ezell's remains

[...]

After he vanished, his dental records were entered into a nationwide missing person database, police told our Kalamazoo affiliate, WWMT. When his remains were discovered last week in Lawrence, more than 80 miles away, his skull and jaw were intact. Several teeth were used to confirm who he was.

"It was within two days that we were able to do that, which is not common finding remains like this with just bones. Typically that's a lot longer of a process," said D/Lt. Shane Criger with Michigan State Police. "The fact that someone, whether it be the law enforcement agencies or the family took the time to add those dental records into this database was critical in identification of these because it happened very quickly."

[...]

I thought from the beginning that he met some bad people and tried to lead them away from the baby.....hoping LE stays close to this one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back