MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at the Exxon gas station to do some sleuthing on our way to the beach this weekend. I was curious to see where the light switches are. There are no switches anywhere near the back door, or anywhere else on the sales floor that we could see. They are most likely all controlled in the office.

And I must make a correction - the wooden stick by the back door that I reported earlier is actually a snow shovel with a wooden handle! Ooops. There was less junk by the door this time, it was easier to see.

Oddly enough, it was the middle of the afternoon and there were a few bags of trash sitting in front of the back door.

The wanted posters of the suspect were still posted, along with a poster about a church service for Jessica.

Driving home that night, I was sort of overwhelmed with just how many swampy/wooded areas there are around Muskegon. I still think there should have been searches, but I can kind of understand the police in not knowing where to start.

Also, all the drownings in Lake Michigan are mostly likely just that - horrible and sad, but this time of the year there are lots of them. The water was pretty rough last week.

Stopped at the Exxon gas station to do some sleuthing on our way to the beach this weekend. I was curious to see where the light switches are. There are no switches anywhere near the back door, or anywhere else on the sales floor that we could see. They are most likely all controlled in the office.

And I must make a correction - the wooden stick by the back door that I reported earlier is actually a snow shovel with a wooden handle! Ooops. There was less junk by the door this time, it was easier to see.

Oddly enough, it was the middle of the afternoon and there were a few bags of trash sitting in front of the back door.

The wanted posters of the suspect were still posted, along with a poster about a church service for Jessica.

Driving home that night, I was sort of overwhelmed with just how many swampy/wooded areas there are around Muskegon. I still think there should have been searches, but I can kind of understand the police in not knowing where to start.

Also, all the drownings in Lake Michigan are mostly likely just that - horrible and sad, but this time of the year there are lots of them. The water was pretty rough last week.

:tyou: for the local 'sleuthing, Tangie.

There are seasonal boating accidents and drownings on inland lakes, too. Just last week, there were three deaths on Oakland county lakes.

You're welcome, BetteDavisEyes! I'm local in the sense I live down the road just outside Grand Rapids, 40 minutes away from Muskegon, but we go to the lakeshore all the time for the beaches, hiking, that sort of thing. I just wish I could do more to help!

The drownings are just awful - all over Michigan...I've lived here all my life, and it seems the fatalities are increasing...I really don't remember that many happening when I was younger.

:seeya::seeya:

When I found out the lights were off at the rear of the building it meant that they had been disabled(and not by turning off a switch). The abductor had to have broken them some way. I called it in to LE to check for DNA on the fixture and match it with their criminal records. It also implied to me the crime wasnt spur of the moment.:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

wwwwoodtv.com/dpp/news/day-of-prayer-scheduled-for-herringa
Tomorrow tuesday Bridge Bible Church has scheduled a day of prayer for Jessica Heeringa. The doors will be open from 8 to 6pm. There will be individual and group prayer. Everyone is welcome. The church is in Norton Shores.

Don't know what else to do...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9372049&postcount=306

Going back to my old notes:

"View Single Post
#306 Report Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 PM

Brainstorming / Reviewing thoughts:

1. Local Perp
2. Single Perp (one person in the vehicle?)
3. Possible Occupations: Truck Driver, Sales Person, Vendor/Delivery Driver, Plant/Industrial Worker, Construction
4. Possibly Divorced with kids every other weekend, or lives alone or with another RSO or with parents, maybe lives at a motel, cabin, isolated residence, basement?
5. Lives and/or works close by (radius?)
6. Has a Criminal Record, possibly Robbery, other violent crimes, RSO
7. Has an interest in young females, blondes
8. May have tattoos (JH does)
9. Physically strong?
10. May have recently missed work
11. May have recently changed his appearance
12. May have had a fire recently to dispose of evidence
13. Hunter, Fisherman?
14. May smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco
15. May have physical injuries (scratches, cuts, bruises)
16. May own a gun and/or other weapons
17. May be a regular drinker (what about liquor stores! Wonder who came in to buy booze that day in the area...unfortunately many business don't retain their video surveillance for that long )
18. May work out at the gym next door
19. May play guitar??
20. May have taken a "vacation" on Friday

*everything is pure speculation

** since he is described as being at least 30, chances are he has committed a very similar crime before. Could be many years ago. Unsolved similar abductions?

The only way they have not ID'd this van is if they haven't used the software and vast databases available to them, or if it was bought, registered, and inspected on the moon. It's not rocket science in this day and age with the level of information that is out there and the number of queries and algorithms they can run to hone in on some likely targets. This is especially true if the van is regional or in-state. 3+ months and no ID is absurd. It's not a ghost fer chrissakes. There must be an electronic trail for this vehicle.

Day of prayer planned for Michigan woman who disappeared in April from job at gas station

Bridge Bible Church to host daylong event for Jessica Heeringa

Published On: Jul 23 2013 10:03:09 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion/-/1719418/21124608/-/runa92/-/index.html

July 23, 2013 at 10:41 am

Day of prayer planned for woman abducted from West Michigan gas station

Associated Press

Norton Shores — A day of prayer is planned for a 25-year-old woman who disappeared from her job at a West Michigan gas station nearly three months ago...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130723/METRO06/307230066#ixzz2ZsqXTs8o

The Bridge Bible Church at 5035 HenrySreet will still be open. For prayers until 6pm Norton Shores time. The prayers for Jessica could be a deciding factor in bringing her home.

The Bridge Bible Church at 5035 HenrySreet will still be open. For prayers until 6pm Norton Shores time. The prayers for Jessica could be a deciding factor in bringing her home.

:confused: Please explain.

Prayer will help to support Jessica's family and friends and unite the local community who has been affected by the young woman's disappearance. I doubt that Jessica will suddenly appear after this day of prayer unless someone knows where she is and that she is ready to return to her home. Prayer is good, but works - i.e. physical searches for Jessica - would be much better. :moo:

:seeya::seeya:
When I found out the lights were off at the rear of the building it meant that they had been disabled(and not by turning off a switch). The abductor had to have broken them some way. I called it in to LE to check for DNA on the fixture and match it with their criminal records. It also implied to me the crime wasnt spur of the moment.:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

Do you have a link saying they were disabled vs turned off? I dont remember hearing anything beyond them being off...

:confused: Please explain.

Prayer will help to support Jessica's family and friends and unite the local community who has been affected by the young woman's disappearance. I doubt that Jessica will suddenly appear after this day of prayer unless someone knows where she is and that she is ready to return to her home. Prayer is good, but works - i.e. physical searches for Jessica - would be much better. :moo:
I believe thecrime is local(as Chief Shaw doesimo),I believe someone knows
where she is(as Chief Shaw does), If this person attends the church prayer session. He could tell someone there what he knows.

I believe thecrime is local(as Chief Shaw doesimo),I believe someone knows
where she is(as Chief Shaw does), If this person attends the church prayer session. He could tell someone there what he knows.

If that is true,whoever abducted her, or knows who abducted her could have at any time told what they know. They don't have to wait for a Prayer Service.
IMOO.
And if Chief Shaw knows where Jessica is, why hasn't he retrieved her? Or do you mean that you think Chief Shaw knows who took her?
IMOO.

Do you have a link saying they were disabled vs turned off? I dont remember hearing anything beyond them being off...

No one said they were turned off. It was stated in the Pi report the lights were out. I deduced someone disabled them as they automatically go on and off from a locked location. This is common in most buildings.

The person who abducted her knows where she is. I doubt anyone else does. And I doubt there will be a confession, unless an arrest comes first. Even then, it depends on the evidence.

The only way they have not ID'd this van is if they haven't used the software and vast databases available to them, or if it was bought, registered, and inspected on the moon. It's not rocket science in this day and age with the level of information that is out there and the number of queries and algorithms they can run to hone in on some likely targets. This is especially true if the van is regional or in-state. 3+ months and no ID is absurd. It's not a ghost fer chrissakes. There must be an electronic trail for this vehicle.

What if the perp had rented the van? Do you think that would show up on any data base? I sure hope LE has looked into it.

When I found out the lights were off at the rear of the building it meant that they had been disabled(and not by turning off a switch). The abductor had to have broken them some way.

Brainstorming / Reviewing thoughts:

1. Local Perp
2. Single Perp (one person in the vehicle?)
3. Possible Occupations: Truck Driver, Sales Person, Vendor/Delivery Driver, Plant/Industrial Worker, Construction
4. Possibly Divorced with kids every other weekend, or lives alone or with another RSO or with parents, maybe lives at a motel, cabin, isolated residence, basement?
5. Lives and/or works close by (radius?)
6. Has a Criminal Record, possibly Robbery, other violent crimes, RSO
7. Has an interest in young females, blondes
8. May have tattoos (JH does)
9. Physically strong?
10. May have recently missed work
11. May have recently changed his appearance
12. May have had a fire recently to dispose of evidence
13. Hunter, Fisherman?
14. May smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco
15. May have physical injuries (scratches, cuts, bruises)
16. May own a gun and/or other weapons
17. May be a regular drinker (what about liquor stores! Wonder who came in to buy booze that day in the area...unfortunately many business don't retain their video surveillance for that long )
18. May work out at the gym next door
19. May play guitar??
20. May have taken a "vacation" on Friday

*everything is pure speculation

** since he is described as being at least 30, chances are he has committed a very similar crime before. Could be many years ago. Unsolved similar abductions?

Concerning the possibility of the light switch being disabled, I have to wonder if there were a contractor that performed any kind of maintenance work on the premise anytime prior to Jessica’s disappearance?

Do we know if Jessica was an athletic person? By this I mean was she active in sports such as jogging or softball during her free time?

you or your

If the above word or words is in your posts please check it out: we do not allow personalization of posts here at websleuths. It is fine to address another member's thoughts and ideas but personal attacks are not allowed. Please carry on considering the above​

I believe thecrime is local(as Chief Shaw doesimo),I believe someone knows where she is(as Chief Shaw does), If this person attends the church prayer session. He could tell someone there what he knows.

I tend to agree with NSP Chief Shaw that the perp is likely a local or someone known to Jessica.

I don't think that the perp needs a "prayer service" to convince him to grow a conscience and tell LE what he knows about Jessica's disappearance or where she might be. An individual with a conscience could have done that much sooner than three months after Jessica went missing - or, better yet, not taken Jessica away from her loved ones in the first place. :moo:

LE always says "somebody knows what happened".
I don't take it literally to mean that someone other than the perp knows...in most cases, I think at best, LE is hoping someone recalls something odd about a person they know, or something they saw. Obviously, "someone" knows, i.e the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong