GUILTY MI - Jody Hutchinson, Carrie Nelson & Heather Aldrich, murdered, 16 April 2015

I haven't seen any news reports stating the autopsies are done. I wonder if he shot them first. I noticed in his arrest photo he has a mark across his neck and I was curious about that. Old surgical scar or fresh wound? Odd.

I haven't seen any news reports stating the autopsies are done. I wonder if he shot them first. I noticed in his arrest photo he has a mark across his neck and I was curious about that. Old surgical scar or fresh wound? Odd.

That's what I'm thinking - shot them first. Still, that's not easy to do and took some planning. Maybe the victims were strung out at the time, making them easier to overcome? But was it done in the car or elsewhere? Did he have help?

Many unanswered questions, though I'm very glad the perp was apprehended. I really hope the tires that he changed place him at the location - that was great detective work. :)

Yes, it sounds like the tires were enough for that arrest.

I agree, LE did a great job.

Heather and Carrie were half sisters, Jody was dating Carrie. This happened in a small town about 50 miles from where I live. Rumors are that it was drug related. They had stolen drugs from this man and owed them a lot of money. Heather lived a very troubled life. She had 5 children that she lost custody of.

So sad. From what I understand the three deceased were so addled by drugs they made dangerous choices that proved to be fatal. The grip that the drugs had on them must have overpowered any logical thinking.
Extremely hard for me to understand taking such huge risks with ones life. I have to believe they are experiencing peace now. In the world they left behind, I think they lived in turmoil, marginalized by society and isolated due to drugs.

RIP

Yeah, the FB page I read seemed to ooze with IV drugs. A lifestyle fairly obvious and debased. Sad.

Well I at least pray they weren't alive and while being consumed. I wonder if they saw something that they shouldn't have. Not that it's related, but we have all of these sibling females go missing in the UP→(Did I get that correctly?)

Yes the "U.P." the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Good Job! :)

And the 2 missing sisters were found safe and sound. I don't know if there is anyone was following that story....they were lost on a 2 track road and stayed in the vehicle for 13 days, surviving on girl scout cookies and cheese puffs....scared of bears!

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=1197396#.VVKFgpNq0-0

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=1201992#.VVKE1JNq0-0

MANISTIQUE -- Three suspects were arraigned in Schoolcraft County District Court for charges related to three bodies found inside a burned vehicle on April 17.

Kenneth Brunke, 45, and Garry J.C. Cordell, 46, were each charged with:
-Three counts of open murder
-Three counts of conspiracy to commit open murder
-Three counts of first degree murder
-Three counts of unlawful imprisonment

Marietta May Carlson, 28, was charged with:
-One count of open murder
-One count of conspiracy to commit open murder
-Three counts first degree murder
-Three counts unlawful imprisonment

They are all facing life in prison without the possibility of parole. All three are being held in Schoolcraft County Jail without bond. They are scheduled for a probable cause hearing on May 20 at 2 p.m. and a preliminary exam on May 27 at 2 p.m.
According to the Michigan State Police Gladstone Post, Carlson and Cordell were being held on unrelated charges prior to being arrested in relation to the alleged murder. State police are still investigating the incident, but do not expect to seek charges against any additional suspects.
On April 17, Michigan State Police found the bodies of 42-year-old Jody Hutchinson, 31-year-old Carrie Nelson and 25-year-old Heather Aldrich in a burned vehicle on a gravel road in Doyle Township.

I've heard that Kenneth strangled Carrie and Jody and made Heather watch. He then strangled her. He had help putting them into Jody's car, drove it to a remote location and started it on fire. 3 people have been arrested and arraigned in these murders.

Quote from the article

"Schoolcraft County Sheriff's Office tells WLUC that Marietta Carlson, 28, was taken to the Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital Monday for a symptomatic behavior where she later died."

Does this mean a suicide? I don't understand.

One of the defendants had his preliminary hearing a few days ago. Terrible details emerged: http://uppermichiganssource.com/new...evealed-at-prelim-for-triple-homicide-suspect

One of the other defendants, Marieeta Carlson, died in jail. ruled natural causes per article. http://uppermichiganssource.com/new...ased-for-homicide-suspect-who-died-in-custody.
The other defendant testified he was not present during the murders but pled to other charges. http://uppermichiganssource.com/news/local/guilty-plea-made-by-defendant-in-triple-homocide

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/12/05/triple-homicide-upper-peninsula/75468204/

The prosecutor, who has declined to discuss the case with the Free Press, called all the victims' family members together in early October to say he didn't think he could make the murder charges stick against Brunke without Marietta Carlson's statements and in light of Cordell's new confession. The murder charges against Brunke were being dropped and he was going to be allowed to plead to obstruction of justice and lying to a police officer, convictions that could have him out of prison in five years or less. In exchange, he was going to testify against Cordell...

Some people, including the victims' families, believe Cordell took the fall for Brunke in exchange for cash, or a promise by Brunke to take care of Cordell's elderly mother once Brunke is released from prison in a few years...

Brunke will be in court Jan. 21 when he will be sentenced to prison on the lesser felonies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back