Deceased/Not Found MI - Jozlynn Martinez, 2, Grand Rapids, 24 Feb 2010

If the trash from the dumpster has already been burned, they will never find her. And that will leave the family and the rest of the world wondering if this is telling the truth or if he sold her or something. There will never be closeure. That is really sad.

I pray they find her. I pray she's alive, but that seems like a stretch at this point. I don't see why he would say he threw her away if she were alive. Maybe he thinks he will get away with it since he said she fell down the stairs.

This case is really odd. IMO

The LE should be bringing more charges than kidnapping if his story is true. I would think disposing of a corpse, neglect charges, dumping trash in a container that is not yours....all of the above and more. I wonder if they are going to give her the 7mth old back. I have mixed feelings on this one. Im not so sure that anyone that makes poor decisions to live with someone who has threatened to kill you on numerous occasions should be able to keep custody. Its one thing to risk your life due to stupidity, but to risk the lives of your two children....I dont think so.

THere is finally mention of Bio dad in this news article, he WAS from Arizona and is now on his way to MI.
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/03/mother_of_missing_jozlynn_mart.html

I think JM is lying. I don't think he put her in the trash. And I don't think she fell down the stairs.

I guess his story goes something like this: I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Jozlynn was on the bed (who's bed? media says she slept in a crib). I heard a noise and when I came out of the bathroom, she was at the bottom of the stairs. (So why didn't mom hear that? Why didn't JM call for an ambulance? Who went out the 2nd story window? Was mom home? Was she drunk/high? Why was Jozlynn on the bed instead of in her crib?)

So many questions. The dude is lying. He needs to come clean. If he put her in the trash, I'll bet money it was not at the "commercial establishment."

Salem

Do you think that just maybe he sold her? Just my gut feeling.

So...once again....mom changes her story. At first, after visiting her prince in jail, she said he didn't tell her anything. Now, she says he told her the baby fell down the stairs? :liar:

Where was she when this happened? Oh, and why didn't she call LE when she claims to have confronted her prince about bruises on her little girl?

I wonder if LE is keeping track of all these story changes... REALLY!!! come on :(

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1373212-bottom-old.html

Why is he SO CALM? when he says that he thinks that she was 'incenerated' WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is he so calm...???????????????
That MAKES NO SENSE... I CAN'T I am sorry I can't understand this at all... the Bio dad seems to just really not care.

IMO -> Thats not 'staying calm for mom and for the daughter' Thats... NOT CARING!!!

:( so sad.. So upsetting WHERE IS THIS LITTLE GIRL!

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/consuela_martinez_reveals_new.html

By The Grand Rapids Press staff
February 28, 2010, 6:48PM
Mark Copier | The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- WOOD-TV8 news is reporting new information shared by Consuela Martinez, mother of the missing and presumed dead toddler, Jozlynn Martinez.

The woman told WOOD-TV during a jailhouse conversation with her former live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Malmberg, said the child tumbled down the stairs Monday night while he was using the bathroom.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/rapids-1373252-liar-0in.html

March 01, 2010 5:43 PM

<snipped>

On Monday, Malmberg's father spoke to Newschannel 3 from his home in Florida.

In an interesting conversation, Bob Malmberg was very frank about his son, saying that he can be downright mean and can't be trusted.

Bob says he hasn't spoken to his son in more than two decades. The two were estranged after Bob turned his son in for stealing money at age 18. Bob said his son was a habitual liar as a young man, and that police are going to have to be very tough to get the truth out of him.

Malmberg's father says his son is a habitual liar
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/rapids-1373252-liar-0in.html

Grand Rapids police 'confident' Jeffrey Malmberg's dumped 2-year-old girl's body in trash

snipped

Police would not say why they believe Malmberg, but officers did collect surveillance video last week from a store at 704 Stocking Ave. NW, at the corner of Stocking and Fifth Street.

The owner of Family Pantry, Richard Kado, said the video is focused on the store's parking lot. A dumpster sits behind the store. The location is about two blocks from Martinez's residence at 915 Nagold Street NW.

Police did not tell Kado what they found on the video, which covered Monday night into Tuesday morning.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/03/grand_rapids_police_confident.html

Poor Jozlynn...

she deserved so much better....she deserved to be around better
people than these in her life...I think there was a lot of neglect and
abuse here

Degage officials recall Jozlynn, family
Supervisor: Mission 'not appropriate for children'
Updated: Monday, 01 Mar 2010, 10:12 PM EST
Published : Monday, 01 Mar 2010, 10:12 PM EST

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Consuela Martinez was described Monday as a mother who had fallen on hard times, but she was doing what she could to make ends meet.

Miguel Negron is a supervisor at Degage Ministries -- a spot frequented by Martinez and her once live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Malmberg. Negron often saw the couple with 2-year-old Jozlynn and the son the couple shares, 7-month-old Brian.

Jozlynn was the subject of last week's Amber Alert, until it was canceled Friday and Grand Rapids police announced she had died.

Negron said the couple and the children visited Degage often, and Malmberg was dealing with an alcohol and drug addiction. Martinez was taking advantage of the other services the ministry offers.

The only problem is, the 21-year-old mother usually would have her kids with her, and Negron said Degage is no place for young children.

"She seemed like a loving mom," he told 24 Hour News 8. "When she had her kids, it seemed like she was trying to do the best she could do, you know."

Although Negron couldn't recall specifically which services Martinez relied on -- the ministry offers mail service, a hygiene program, legal counseling and agency referrals -- his main concern was the children's presence at Degage.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Degage-officials-recall-Jozlynn-family

Apparently most of the trash that goes to that dump in incinerated. And they have stopped searching there for her. Poor girl. Makes me wonder if his story is true if she was really even dead or just knocked out. I think it would have to be a pretty nasty fall for it to kill her instantly. I have a 2 year old, and he can go up and down the stairs without a problem, but if he did fall, I would think broken bones possibly, not instant death. Maybe I am an optimist.

I would be more likely to believe that she got into his stash of drugs while he was in the bathroom and he came out and found her. Probably didnt want to call 911 saying hey she OD on my cocaine.

Searching for dead babies in landfills is the stuff nightmares are made from. We seem to be living in an ongoing nightmare.....little Jozlynn....baby Gabriel.....Somer and on and on....

I would bet that there are thousands of people buried in landfills. I wonder if there is any sort of machine that could be used to sort/check through the garbage for human remains.

More of a proactive thing not so much remains that have already been dumped.

It is interesting to read the comments that people who supposedly know them are making

they say they were investigated 3x by child protective services this past year...the courts knew them from the restraining orders/violation

they were homeless off and on it seems...yet they still had custody of these kids....I hope they take the baby boy and let him find a good family

how did she have a $2800 tax refund anyhow?? where did she "work" this past year??

no word of that...where did that money go anyhow?? I am also thinking that maybe "he" got in a big stash of drugs and poor Jozlynn got into the drugs and OD'd

I also hope they drug tested both the mother and Malmberg

this is so sad...and it seems to have been SO preventable that is what is frustrating..

it hurts to see these sweeties thrown away like garbage

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back