Found Deceased MI - Lily Camara, 28, did not show up for an event, Ferndale, Oakland Co., 2 Jul 2019

"In the coming days we will work collaboratively with our law-enforcement partners to determine what happened and bring those responsible to justice," police said. "This is an open and active investigation; no further statements will be made so as not to just jeopardize this investigation."

Let’s hope for justice

Oh no, how terrible!

I am starting to think it's gang-related now, too, based on the fact that I discovered her boyfriend killed in January 2019 was found shot to death in the "red zone" (zip code 48205), notorious for its gang-related activity and high homicide rates.

Articles providing area and address, respectively, where slain bf's body found:
area: No answers for family of man killed just after New Year
address: Man found slain in east side alley

Map showing address where slain bf's body found (see screenshot) in 48205

So it does appear that Lily may have had close ties to a gang...and for some reason, killing her boyfriend wasn't enough. Someone wanted her dead too. Why, we may never know, as gang members don't usually snitch. I wonder if there is an instagram hit list with Lily's picture on it, like the ones referenced in the Detroit gang articles linked a couple pages back. Not sure how to find that or even if I want to go down that rabbit hole....but I'm thinking that may be a good place to start for investigators if they don't have any better leads.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 7.14.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 7.14.57 PM.png
    503 KB · Views: 55
Just watched news and they said they found her 1 day after she went missing (July 3) and she was just id'd today.
That is especially strange given her facial tattoo. I wonder where she was found. I wonder if her family know where she was found. Seems when the missing person was reported, any unidentified deceased persons would be the first place to start, especially given the history.

That is especially strange given her facial tattoo. I wonder where she was found. I wonder if her family know where she was found. Seems when the missing person was reported, any unidentified deceased persons would be the first place to start, especially given the history.

Agree, it's really strange. Makes me think she may have been burned :(

She was't reported missing until July 5. She was last seen on July 2. If she was found on July 3, there was no missing person to match her with. It's possible that it took a couple of days for the missing person report to make its way to the right person and to be checked against unidentified bodies.

One thing we know is that she did not have any identification on her body when she was found.

I hadn't known about this local case until I saw it reported on the news last evening :oops: I read this entire thread and commend all of you for your efforts. I certainly learned more about the case here than I did from local media.

Ferndale police investigating death of missing woman as homicide
Lily Camara last seen July 2

Missing Ferndale woman found dead in suspected homicide
A Ferndale woman missing since Friday has been found dead in a suspected homicide, Ferndale police said.

Lily Camara, 28, was reported missing by a family friend on Friday. Camara had not been seen or heard from since Tuesday...

It has been hotter than Hades in metro Detroit. A body exposed to the elements could have decomposed rather quickly.

She was last seen or heard from at 5:30PM on July 2, and found on July 3. She could have been found at 1AM on July 3.

The only reason for the delay in identification is that she was not reported missing until July 5.

I hadn't known about this local case until I saw it reported on the news last evening :oops: I read this entire thread and commend all of you for your efforts. I certainly learned more about the case here than I did from local media.

Ferndale police investigating death of missing woman as homicide
Lily Camara last seen July 2

Missing Ferndale woman found dead in suspected homicide
A Ferndale woman missing since Friday has been found dead in a suspected homicide, Ferndale police said.

Lily Camara, 28, was reported missing by a family friend on Friday. Camara had not been seen or heard from since Tuesday...
If there is no threat to others then IMO this was personal. Poor Lily.

I work in Detroit and exit near where the Ford Edge shooting location was reported. I wondered if it was 2 of our guys from work shot by a sniper since the inital reports just stated i-94/Conner and 2 guys at 4am . Later news said it happened on Conner -north of 94. Still can't confirm location exact of shooting and where Ford Edge found and I think since L.E. is so quiet on details that the Black Edge could very well be connected but are saying its not.
As far as her living Ferndale goes, I grew up not far. 8 Mile -famous from the Rapper movie- borders Detroit and Ferndale. Many alternative lifestyle LGB people have migrated to Ferndale evidenced by the bars that opened and it has caused real estate to double since 2008. Also there are many Detroiters who go to school public in Ferndale (highly visible at the bus stops.) Further North on Woodward avenue ( the main street- home of Woodward Dream Cruise which begins in Ferndale at 8 mile rd) Ferndale changes to Royal Oak. I raised my family there from '85 -97. It skyrocketed in price so many young folks went south to Ferndale, closer to Detroit and appeared to dismiss the reasons most folks moved north ( crime). So the point is that this gal seems to have thrown caution to the wind and embraced the diversity of Ferndale despite the proximity (close) to Detroit, and this seems consistant with the end result of her significant other.
There were 10 shootings over the July 4th weekend in Detroit. If anyone has experience finding out who killed who in this world- Detroit police and close proximity Ferndale police do. I hope that this is solved soon. If the gal was truly the grandaughter of a U.N ambasador- we will see swift justice. RIP -Motown

Chances are that her and her boyriend's deaths have a common denominator.

I'm still playing catch-up on this local case that I knew nothing about until Channel 4 news at 6:00 last night. I've read this thread and media reports linked herein (I don't do social media). It does seem like Lily's and the late boyfriend's deaths could be related. I'm also curious about the possibility that the vehicle crash on the east side (with gunshot victims) has some connection to Lily's death. Hopefully, details will emerge within the next few days. I will probably learn more here than from local media coverage :)

I work in Detroit and exit near where the Ford Edge shooting location was reported. I wondered if it was 2 of our guys from work shot by a sniper since the initial reports just stated i-94/Conner and 2 guys at 4am . Later news said it happened on Conner -north of 94. Still can't confirm location exact of shooting and where Ford Edge found and I think since L.E. is so quiet on details that the Black Edge could very well be connected but are saying its not.
As far as her living Ferndale goes, I grew up not far. 8 Mile -famous from the Rapper movie- borders Detroit and Ferndale. Many alternative lifestyle LGB people have migrated to Ferndale evidenced by the bars that opened and it has caused real estate to double since 2008. Also there are many Detroiters who go to school public in Ferndale (highly visible at the bus stops.) Further North on Woodward avenue ( the main street- home of Woodward Dream Cruise which begins in Ferndale at 8 mile rd) Ferndale changes to Royal Oak. I raised my family there from '85 -97. It skyrocketed in price so many young folks went south to Ferndale, closer to Detroit and appeared to dismiss the reasons most folks moved north ( crime). So the point is that this gal seems to have thrown caution to the wind and embraced the diversity of Ferndale despite the proximity (close) to Detroit, and this seems consistent with the end result of her significant other.
There were 10 shootings over the July 4th weekend in Detroit. If anyone has experience finding out who killed who in this world- Detroit police and close proximity Ferndale police do. I hope that this is solved soon. If the gal was truly the granddaughter of a U.N. ambassador- we will see swift justice. RIP -Motown

Thanks for the insights! I'm curious whether she will become another crime statistic, or whether there will be an arrest and charges leading to an appropriate sentence. Given that it is Detroit, she is connected to murder through a boyfriend, her body was not identified for 4 days, and she seems to dabble in drugs, it seems 50-50 whether it will get much investigative attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back