Found Deceased MI - Misty Dawn Kerrison Steiber, 36, Flint, July 2017

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
Have you seen this woman? WNEM story Photo at link.

Crime Stoppers is offering up to $2,500 for information on her whereabouts.Kerrison-Steiber is 5’2” and 115 pounds. She has brown hair and goes by the nickname Red.
If you have any information on her whereabouts you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-JAIL.

According to the Missing in Michigan page on FB she is 36 years old.

there is very little information available on her case.

6999ce0fb60a778b1e255692c9899729.jpg

Flint police, MSP investigating possible human trafficking case

FLINT (WJRT) (5/12/2018) - Michigan State Police is assisting Flint police in the investigation of a home on the 600 block of Freeman.

possible+human+trafficking.JPG

After hearing about the search, one mother is hoping it might lead to her daughter's safe return.

"I've been putting them up in the area since I discovered nobody knows where she is at and I've been putting flyers up hoping somebody will come forward and let us know where she is at,” Beck said.

Beck has been looking for answers after her daughter Misty-Dawn Kerrison Steiber went missing several months ago. Police couldn't confirm if what happened at this home or if it's even connected to Steiber's disappearance.

Beck showed up to the scene anyway, hoping for news about her daughter. She also began putting flyers outside this home at the corner of Freeman and Euston.

Flint Police had four people in handcuffs earlier Saturday afternoon. ABC 12 has confirmed with Flint police, two people have been arrested and taken into custody.

A Flint detective says what happened at this home is an ongoing investigation. Hours after the initial patrol car arrived, crime scene Investigators pulled up to the scene taking pictures of the area and pulled out large evidence bags from the home.

"Frustrating, we just want her found,” Beck said. Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,500 award for answers on Steiber's whereabouts.

We'll continue to follow both of these stories and update you as more information becomes available.

Misty Dawn Kerrison-Streiber – The Charley Project

kerrison-streiber_misty.jpg
kerrison-streiber_misty2.jpg
kerrison-streiber_misty3.jpg
kerrison-streiber_misty7.jpg

• Missing Since 07/01/2017
  • Missing From Flint, Michigan
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 02/10/1982 (37)
  • Age 35 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'2, 120 - 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Kerrison-Streiber's hair is naturally brown, but it was dyed a deep red at the time of her disappearance. She may use her last names together or separately, or use the last name Kerrington. Her nickname is Red. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
Kerrison-Streiber was last seen in the vicinity of Fenton Road and Atherton Road in Flint, Michigan sometime in July 2017. She has never been heard from again. Authorities believe Kerrison-Streiber may have been the victim of human trafficking. Few details are available in her case

Justice Department: Gang sex-trafficked woman found dead in Broome Park three years ago
Published: Nov. 6, 2020 at 4:50 PM CST

But on this 3-year anniversary, multiple questions still remain surrounding their deaths.
“When we’re quiet, people forget,” Misty’s Mom, Becky Beck said. “And these girls have children, they have families. They’re human.”

The grieving mother is asking if you know anything about her daughter’s disappearance or murder, please speak up.

Beck said she’s also certain Misty was targeted. She shared a letter from the U.S. Department of Justice which revealed, “Misty was a victim of human trafficking by a violent gang in the Flint area. Misty was cooperating with Law Enforcement.”

With this confirmation, Beck said she believes Misty was killed because she spoke up about a crime.

Flint Police isn’t commenting on the letter. But, the Chief said detectives continue to follow up on any leads.

“It’s very serious,” Chief Terence Green said. “It involves people in the community that are still fearful that this occurred. Even though it was three years ago, to some people it feels as though they occurred last week. And everyone wants answers, including investigators.”

It was in November 2017 that remains from a a pair of people were found at Broome Park tucked off Atherton Road and 12th Street on Flint’s south side.

It was three months after the remains were found in the park that Michigan State Police held a February 2018 DNA event at Berston Field House in Flint for the families of people with missing loved ones.

Later that year, Beck was contacted by law enforcement officials of the news that one of two people identified from the remains was indeed those of her daughter, but she was told to keep that information to herself.

“I had already gone to the funeral home and I had already made my daughter’s arrangements believing my daughter was going to be released to me and that still hasn’t happened,” said Beck.

She has been in touch with the Federal Bureau of Investigation who became involved in the case. Beck said she’s been told her daughter’s remains are being kept as “evidence.”

“She wants to know what happened to her daughter, who did it, and we have no answers for them,” he commented. “I put myself in her shoes, not being in law enforcement, I’d have the same anger, frustration. The final piece is she wants to bury her daughter…I’m trying to get the answer to that question.”

“It’s really important that people speak up. If you stay quiet, nothing gets solved,” said Beck at the vigil. “I want my daughter. I want to lay her to rest properly and since I can’t do that today, we just want to let all the missing, all the ones that are gone, all these ones still being trafficked, living in hell every day that we’re thinking about them and that Misty and Claudia’s death weren’t…just for nothing.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back