Found Deceased MI - Nadine Vera Moses, 84, @2:30am tidied up & left home in '11 Ford Edge, Casco, 4 May 2021

But where was she heading at 02.30hrs??

Was this a suicide?

I presume the car was damaged driving into the river. I can't see it being in an accident with another car, nothing was reported locally at the time.

Last edited:
Nadine's car was found in river today with a body inside. Identification is pending.

A vehicle and body were recovered from where the St. Clair and Belle rivers meet in Marine City Saturday afternoon.

A search and rescue team based out of Oregon was searching the river in a previously searched location when they found the vehicle, said St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King. The team notified the sheriff department and the vehicle was recovered.

More at Missing Casco Twp. woman's vehicle found in river

@GuyfromCanada thanks for sharing update.
How terribly sad; prayers for her son and other family members.

from the article:
Adventures with a Purpose, a search and rescue team based out of Oregon, was searching the river in a previously searched location when they found the vehicle, said St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King. The team notified the sheriff department and the vehicle was recovered.

Through a search of the VIN number, the vehicle was positively identified as belonging to Nadine Moses, who has been missing since early May, King said. The identification of the body is pending.

@GuyfromCanada thanks for sharing update.
How terribly sad; prayers for her son and other family members.

from the article:
Adventures with a Purpose, a search and rescue team based out of Oregon, was searching the river in a previously searched location when they found the vehicle, said St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King. The team notified the sheriff department and the vehicle was recovered.

Through a search of the VIN number, the vehicle was positively identified as belonging to Nadine Moses, who has been missing since early May, King said. The identification of the body is pending.

Interesting that the car was found in a “previously searched location”. In the link I posted prior, the young man in a car that they located in the water was also in an area already searched as well. This AWP group must have really great sonar equipment and expertise.

Missing 84-year-old Nadine Moses car found in St. Clair River

9/25/21

MARINE CITY (FOX 2) - The car belonging to 84-year-old Nadine Moses was recovered from the St. Clair River on Saturday.

According to St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King, a body was found inside the vehicle, but it has not been identified yet.

Moses has been missing since May 4 of this year.

Missing Casco Twp. woman's vehicle found in river

b7e98ca5-d65d-4dc8-9187-9b4a012200a2-Image.jpeg

A vehicle and body were recovered from where the St. Clair and Belle rivers meet in Marine City Saturday afternoon.

King said the vehicle was first discovered by sonar about 11 a.m., with it recovered about 4:35 p.m.

The blue Ford recovered from the river appeared to have extensive damage, said St. Clair County Sheriff Dive Team Chief Roger Randall.

The Marine City police and fire departments, as well as the St. Clair County Sheriff Department and Tri-Hospital EMS were on the scene.

SUV containing body believed to be Nadine Moses found in St. Clair River – Macomb Daily

The mystery over the disappearance of an 84-year-old St. Clair County woman may have come to an end with the discovery of a vehicle containing a body from the St. Clair River on Saturday.

Nadine Moses was last seen the morning of May 4 leaving her Casco Township home, which is east of Richmond and Lenox Township in Macomb County. She had $50 in cash and a full tank of gas in her vehicle, according to the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office.

Her car 2011 Ford Edge was located Saturday afternoon about 30 feet off the shore of St. Clair Aggregates, located on South Belle River Avenue. A body was found inside the SUV but has not been positively identified.

“Detectives from our office are continuing the investigation,” St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King said in a news release. “We will be working hand in hand with the St. Clair County Medical Examiner’s Office to identify the body and hopefully bring closure to a grieving family.”

But where was she heading at 02.30hrs??

Was this a suicide?

I presume the car was damaged driving into the river. I can't see it being in an accident with another car, nothing was reported locally at the time.
Victim was believed to have dementia -- likely left home as routine but at the wrong hour. From AWP video -- appears that barges may have been on top of the vehicle -- crushing in down where the Marine Patrol was unable to locate. Happy for the recovery and sad for the family to lose their mom, grandmom, and friend. MOO

According to police, the car was located about 30ft off-shore by an Oregon based volunteer diving group called Adventures with a Purpose. Moses's family had reached out to the group, which states to have located 12 missing persons over the past year.

The group found the vehicle using advanced SONAR technology and contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff's Office Dive Team responded to the scene.

The vehicle was towed out of the water and the body was removed from the vehicle.

Members of Nadine Moses’ family were at the scene of the recovery.
Missing 84-year-old Nadine Moses car found in St. Clair River

“As you are aware, my mother and her vehicle were located earlier today in the St. Clair River near Marine City. As this brings sadness to the reality of loss to the family, it also brings closure to the mystery of her whereabouts.

We have been so thankful for the many hours of searching that the St. Clair Sheriff’s Office has completed and also for the volunteer search group, Adventure’s with Purpose, for making today’s discovery. These two organizations worked hand-in-hand with the recovery of my mother and her vehicle from the water once the location was learned.”

Todd Moses
Body of missing 84-year-old woman recovered from St. Clair River, family says

Poor lady. I wonder where she wanted to go. Maybe she was just heading out to clear her head, lerhaos she couldn't sleep. I feel so sad for her. I wanted her to be found living a great life with a fellow octogenarian somewhere.

Interesting that the car was found in a “previously searched location”. In the link I posted prior, the young man in a car that they located in the water was also in an area already searched as well. This AWP group must have really great sonar equipment and expertise.

If you ever get a chance watch some of their other cases they’ve assisted on YouTube. These guys are very professional and great at what they do.

SUV containing body believed to be Nadine Moses found in St. Clair River – Macomb Daily

The Moses family had reached out to the group, which states they have located 12 missing persons over the past year.

It wasn’t clear how long the AWP team had searched the St. Clair River, but once the vehicle was located, the group contacted the Sheriff’s Office. AWP members said visibility in that section of the river was less than 6 inches.

AWP said it began the search on the south side of Marine City at the public boat ramp. They used two sonar boats and spotted a target matching the length of the missing vehicle. They attached a magnet to verify that it was metal.

An AWP member 20 feet underwater, about 40 feet from shore, and verified that the vehicle and plate matched Nadine’s missing car.

A Sheriff’s Office dive team responded to the scene and attached cables from a Preferred Towing truck to the Ford Edge.

Once the vehicle was on shore, investigators located the body.

The Moses family had reached out to the group, which states they have located 12 missing persons over the past year.

It wasn’t clear how long the AWP team had searched the St. Clair River, but once the vehicle was located, the group contacted the Sheriff’s Office. AWP members said visibility in that section of the river was less than 6 inches.

AWP said it began the search on the south side of Marine City at the public boat ramp. They used two sonar boats and spotted a target matching the length of the missing vehicle. They attached a magnet to verify that it was metal.

An AWP member 20 feet underwater, about 40 feet from shore, and verified that the vehicle and plate matched Nadine’s missing car.

A Sheriff’s Office dive team responded to the scene and attached cables from a Preferred Towing truck to the Ford Edge.
Once the vehicle was on shore, investigators located the body.

I recall that AWP had allowed two days for this search but located the vehicle fairly quickly on the first dive. MOO

I have looked extensively at maps and public posts and still wonder how she ever got herself in that water. so many cut offs from streets and blockages that would make it difficult to enter the water in her car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back