MI - Neurosurgeon Dr. Devon Hoover, 53, found fatally shot during welfare check, Detroit, Apr 2023

Today is January 11, 2024. Dr. Hoover was murdered @ April 26, 2023. No arrest. No charges. No media mention of the case in months. No justice for the family and friends of the brilliant neurosurgeon. Heads should roll!

The issue is LE should not have publically made promises about an arrest happening within a certain time frame, then. It very well may be that they still don’t have enough evidence to charge anybody but I do find it irresponsible for the Police Chief to make statements alluding to an arrest “before snow hits the ground” if they weren’t 100% sure of that. It’s not fair to the family or to the public as a whole.

MOO.

The issue is LE should not have publically made promises about an arrest happening within a certain time frame, then. It very well may be that they still don’t have enough evidence to charge anybody but I do find it irresponsible for the Police Chief to make statements alluding to an arrest “before snow hits the ground” if they weren’t 100% sure of that. It’s not fair to the family or to the public as a whole.

MOO.
That statement may have been to see if they could provoke a reaction in their suspect (whom they likely have under surveillance.)

I don't think LE can work to a deadline: case solved in 3 months or your money back! That would just encourage bad police behaviour like planting evidence, etc.

I think it is very encouraging that there appears to be a suspect, at all. Plenty of unsolved cases out there.

JMO

It is very frustrating-- and terribly sad that there has not been an arrest in this case.

I suppose we'll understand why there's been a long delay in the lack of an arrest once one is eventually made. Usual reasons to murder are greed, sex or revenge. It's doubtful the killer profited monetarily from the crime unless they're also responsible for stealing the urn from the home. I could understand a demented mind may be jealous of this nice looking, successful doctor but enough to assassinate him in his own home? IDK.

It's possible the suspect LE arrested and released has an alibi yet to be broken.

Did the killer ask someone to pick him up at the location of the doctor's abandoned Land Rover? Who would pick up a friend/killer after midnight on the W side of Detroit? Are there any door or traffic cams along the way? Somebody knows something. LE needs a tip.

When I originally read about this I thought immediately "oh sounds like the wife did it" but he does not have a wife does he? Seems obvious why LE is being careful about what they say IMO.

When I originally read about this I thought immediately "oh sounds like the wife did it" but he does not have a wife does he? Seems obvious why LE is being careful about what they say IMO.

“Hoover had no known enemies, was single, and was known throughout town by patients, caterers, contractors, and scores of other people he’d interacted with but wasn’t necessarily close to.”

From earlier posts, it sounded to me like LE doesn't have enough evidence to convince the D.A. to move forward with charging the person suspected by LE. So I assume LE continues the investigation with the goal of getting the evidence they need to arrest someone and this time make the charges stick.

Described as single, though I think the term “single” could also be used to describe a person whose romantic relationships simply weren’t known about (or, for any number of reasons, NOT discussed with) family and colleagues. In other words, a person might have various romantic or sexual relationships but, by virtue of keeping them pretty private, look to outsiders like they are “single.”

It has been almost a year since the murder of this wonderful man and not a peep these days from th police- It is very disheartening that we've heard nothing- I feel so badly for his friends and family. We can only hope something is going on behind the scenes-this great man deserves justice.

It has been almost a year since the murder of this wonderful man and not a peep these days from th police- It is very disheartening that we've heard nothing- I feel so badly for his friends and family. We can only hope something is going on behind the scenes-this great man deserves justice.
I couldn't agree more. I hope it's not a case of LE really not having a clue who committed this horible crime.
I hope instead that LE is putting together a rock solid case. I worry that whoever killed Dr Hoover could have easily left the area at this point.

I couldn't agree more. I hope it's not a case of LE really not having a clue who committed this horible crime.
I hope instead that LE is putting together a rock solid case. I worry that whoever killed Dr Hoover could have easily left the area at this point.
I think it's strange that NO ONE has said a peep about seeing anyone or anything around the house. The expensive homes should have CCTV cameras all around, there had to be someone or something that picked up a visitor or movement around Dr. Hoover's mansion. It's too weird.

I think it's strange that NO ONE has said a peep about seeing anyone or anything around the house. The expensive homes should have CCTV cameras all around, there had to be someone or something that picked up a visitor or movement around Dr. Hoover's mansion. It's too weird.

Camera settings matter, though. A camera may record constantly when triggered and every 3-10 seconds otherwise. The trigger parameters vary as well. Many residences are set up so that only certain movements are constantly recorded, such as entry on the property, movement near an egresss point, etc.

Thanks for posting the video. Interesting that Lordan mentioned the possibility of two perps for I assumed it to be one. o_O

Does anyone feel this may have been a robbery/burglary? I just don't due to the one sock on but maybe that was done to confuse the cops. Wouldn't that require a clever level of premeditation? Police say the murder was not random. Then, it was targeted specifically at this wonderfully talented neurosurgeon.

His Boston Edison mansion had cameras and a follow-up break-in during the funeral occurred? Some crooks will steal from the dead or grieving during memorial services since they know the family is occupied elsewhere. It's a shame a Security Guard wasn't hired until monitoring could be installed. Que sera sera.

The last I'd heard Detroit PD promised an arrest by first snowfall. The wintery season came and went. Maybe someone has a faux alibi that Police can't break. Police are looking for the gun that was used? No small mountain to climb there. There's DNA? Yet a possible suspect was held without charges? No warrant for their DNA could be obtained? Police did not canvas the neighborhood? Why would they not?

Only tonight did I realize Kym Worthy, prosecutor of the 2 cops that killed Malice Green, was the DA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back