MI MI - New Buffalo, "Betty the Bag Lady", WhtFem 65-75, UP8224, wrapped in sheet/towel/2 bags, Aug'92

This is just a thought...could this UID have been reported missing years after her body was found? I wonder if we're not looking far enough down the road. We just assume she would have been reported missing right away but if she was in the care of someone who didn't have her best intentions in mind and was reported by far-away family, the dates could seem off.

Also, if family was involved in the death of the UID then I would assume she would never be reported missing by them, or would be reported missing years down the road to cover their butt.

One more thought-- if the UID was receiving S.S. or something like that, and they were to become suspicious of fraud, they would open an investigation of their own.

I know this may sound silly but does this link include graphic pictures? I want to look but sometimes I have found myself seeing more than I was ready to.

No, there are no images attached to that NamUs casefile.

I just read this how 12 days before a headless and limbless body was found..and I looked it up it had polyester elastic pants and nude pantyhose (this sounds like its an older person) and I don't know why but it made me think maybe its the daughter of the old lady that was found. Makes me wonder if the daughter was caring for the mother and a family member or husband or boyfriend killed them both to get the house or $$$.. just thoughts..I wonder if the DNA matches for both Jane Does. The unidentified old lady makes me sad because there are so many scams against old people all the time.

You know another unidentified female was found in Berrien County (no real description of where in Berrien County) 12 days before this one. It says missing head and limbs......I wonder if there is any connection to the two? Here is the namus link https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8399

Also there is this story that happened not to long ago on these 3 gypsies who befriended this little old lady and made her sign over her house to them and road cross country to main and stuck her in a cabin.. and it was her neighbor who found her.. its sad she has no family and she is now in a nursing home alone in Maine and they took everything from her. if it was not for her neighbor nobody would of known who she was. This breaks my heart because I know it happens all the time. http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-woman-vanished-20141012-story.html

below is a photo of the 3 people that pretty much got away with it.. there are actually a lot of gypsies that prey on old people you can find them online..
http://nypost.com/2014/10/13/elderly-la-woman-missing-for-years-found-in-maine-shack/

so every time I read about a unidentified elderly person I think of either a family member or one of the gypsies and the motive is to get everything that they have worked for all their lives.

I am going to try if I can figure out where this other body was found............I live in Berrien county, and perhaps knowing the other location, would help....

No, they are gypsies.. that is what they are known as.. You can read up a lot about them.. I guess I thought everyone knew about them.. sorry.
I am from NYC we see this all the time here. We know about them.. they frequently are fortune tellers also.. if you have grown up and been around them, you know and can spot them and you know all that they do.. big big scammers especially on old people.

http://florida.newszap.com/okeechob.../gypsy-scammers-facing-over-70-felony-charges

http://www.policemag.com/channel/gangs/articles/2001/06/gypsies-kings-of-con.aspx

this is actually a good site and someone wrote how it happened to their father
http://lifeofscams.com/

I don't know about Gypsies. It seems to be an inflammatory word to me. Grifters might be a better term as there is nothing about that term that has any racial or ethnic connotations to it.

The age was way wrong, but what about Sherrill Levvitt? She was the mom of the missing springfield three. It's out there a bit, I know...They disappeared June 7th of 1992.

I've got her now too. I wonder why it couldn't find her the first time? I thought I was logged in.

Anyway, three ruleouts:

Victoria Salisz

Elizabeth Rogers

Nadine Timm

Giving this sweet lady a bump so she can get her name back. Until we learn what it is, I’m going to call her Betty.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8224
Female, White / Caucasian
129UFMI

6B4536AA-267C-45F4-B582-435647C7E219.jpeg7FFE2A5E-78C7-4B24-B83B-473AEBAC46A9.jpeg B1905342-01E5-42C6-A35F-4B5382F1A855.jpegE573AA51-E204-4902-BD0D-CC022EB757A6.jpeg
Reconstructions of Victim

Date of Discovery: August 23, 1992
Location of Discovery: New Buffalo Township, Berrien County, Michigan
Estimated Date of Death: 4-7 days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 65-75 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 102 lbs.
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had an appendectomy scar. Also had a broken spine which was not the cause of death.

Identifiers
Dentals: No teeth. Dentures were missing.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found on August 23, 1992 in a plastic bag, left along Krueger Road, Berrien City, MI. Her body was found wrapped in a sheet, towel and two garbage bags, and bound with twine. The victim's body was nude, and the hands and dentures were missing. Investigators think she may have lived at a care facility in either northern Illinois or Indiana.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Michigan State Police
Agency Contact Person: D. Sgt. Doug Kill
Agency Phone Number: 616-465-6525
Agency Email: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 54-1780-92

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: UP #8224

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Michigan State Police

Current list of exclusions per NamUs:
MP2282 Victoria Salisz 04/15/1988 Charlevoix MI
MP3059 Elizabeth Rogers 03/18/1983 Wake NC
MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL
(link not accessible/removed from NamUs)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back