Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

Are Omarian's parents not considered victims in this case? Imo they are and they should be treated as such. After all they lost their child due to someone else's neglect and afaik they haven't been named as suspects or POIs or responsible in any way for his death.

Their children were taken into foster care because of neglect. So I do think they are partially responsible for the tragic outcome. JMO

Blame can be placed on many parties in this sad situation. Including the lack of good resources available in the system.

Fly with the Angels, Omarion. No more pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No money for foster care. Too many kids, Taxpayers, are we willing to put money into this? Maybe some group home type place?

There are not enough people to do foster care. Abd who would take 8 kids, one of them for sure really in need of attention.

Are Omarian's parents not considered victims in this case? Imo they are and they should be treated as such. After all they lost their child due to someone else's neglect and afaik they haven't been named as suspects or POIs or responsible in any way for his death.

His parents lost their child due to THEIR neglect. He lost his life due to the FOSTER PARENTS neglect. Mars is the victim here, in my opinion. I am more than disgusted with the lack of responsibility all the adults in his life exhibited. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!! Ugh. Poor little guy.

MOO lots of people let this little guy down. Plenty to go round.

I assumed since Ember's mother should be respected as a victim the same would be true for Omarion's mother.

JMO.

Excerpts from Detroit News article about the deplorable conditions in Omarion's home prior to him and siblings being removed last February and placed in foster care:

...The incident has brought to light Omarion's home life in Pontiac before he and eight of his siblings, ranging in age from 2 to 17, were placed into foster care in February.

A Feb. 23 recommendation from the Department of Human Services to remove the children from the custody of their parents, Jamell and Khisha Humphrey, stated that the couple "neglected or refused to provide proper or necessary support, education, medical, surgical, or other care necessary for the child(ren)'s health or morals."

One of the most notable points made was that the parents, both 42, lived in a separate rented apartment and "have abandoned their children in deplorable conditions." ...

Omarion was not receiving services for his autism and the older children were in charge of their younger siblings, "including preparing meals and washing laundry," according to the report.

At the time of the report, the children had no clean clothes to wear. Omarion's teacher would provide him with clothes to change into in the morning before class began.

DHS stated that six of the children did not have beds, despite receiving beds in 2013 from Families First of Michigan services...

The home also had "piles of dirty clothing, trash, empty food containers and various other household items are located on the floors of the residence," according to the report. There was inadequate food in the house and food stains on the walls...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...07/10/missing-autistic-boy-michigan/29976393/

I assumed since Ember's mother should be respected as a victim the same would be true for Omarion's mother.

JMO.

The victim in my mind is Mars. I have sympathy for his bio parents. They have lost their son, and not on their watch. But I am also mindful of the fact that their choices led to his being in the care (inadequate it turns out) of the fosters.

I can feel sympathy for their loss while respectfully acknowledging that their choices as illustrated in the MSM were not good ones.

Spotlight on foster agency linked to missing boy found dead in lake

By Ron Fonger | rfonger1@mlive.com
on July 13, 2015 at 5:00 AM, updated July 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM

BURTON, MI -- The state is investigating the Burton agency that oversaw the foster home where Omarion Humphrey was placed, trying to determine if the 9-year-old autistic boy was properly cared for and supervised before his disappearance at Lake Callis Recreation Complex in Davison Township.

Omarion's body was found in the lake Friday, July 10, after having been brought to the park by his foster mother, who lost track of the boy during the outing.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services wants to know whether Burton-based Alternatives for Children & Families did its job investigating the foster home where Omarion had been placed before he vanished Saturday, July 4, from Lake Callis...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/07/state_investigating_burton_age.html

Memorial fund set up to honor Omarion Humphrey

Posted 8:17 PM, July 15, 2015, by FOX 17 News

DAVISON, Mich. — A 9-year-old boy with a severe case of autism was found dead last week after being reported missing earlier this month. Now a fund has been set up to raise money for a memorial fund to pay tribute to Omarion Humphrey at the Lake Callis Recreation Complex...

http://fox17online.com/2015/07/15/memorial-fund-set-up-to-honor-omarion-humphrey/

Family prepares to say goodbye to 9-year-old boy who went missing July 4

PONTIAC, MI – Omarion Humphrey liked wearing his big brother's clothes, he was fascinated with fish and he wanted to do things for himself — even cook.

Family members also said the 9-year-old boy enjoyed being with his family and friends. Now, they are saying goodbye to Omarion, who was found, apparently drowned, in a lake at a Flint-area park.

"I am not leaving," said his mother, Khisha Humphrey. "I can't leave. Tomorrow, I will have to say goodbye to my baby forever." ...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/07/omarions_family_prepares_to_sa.html

Official cause of death for autistic boy whose body was found at Flint-area lake is drowning

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 47 m

DETROIT -
The official cause of death for a 9-year-old boy who was found dead in a Flint-area lake should is drowning.

Omarion Humphrey, who was severely autistic, had been with a foster family July 4 at a park in Davison Township. He apparently wandered away and his body was found days later in Lake Callis.

No one has been charged in his death...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-found-at-flintarea-lake-is-drowning/35325842

It was drowning, but negligence played a big part. Rest well, little man

This past July, the foster care agency responsible for Omarion's placement shut down.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/foster_agency_connected_to_aut.html

The foster care agency connected to the disappearance and drowning of a severely autistic boy has closed under an agreement with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Alternatives Services for Children and Families voluntarily surrendered its license and closed on Monday, July 1, 2016, according to an agreement with MDHHS Executive Director Steve Yager.

A state investigation into 9-year-old Omarion Humphrey's death recommended the license surrender. Investigators found that Alternative Services for Children and Families' license should be revoked because of licensing violations at multiple foster homes, MDHHS Spokesman Bob Wheaton said.

Report: Family of Omarion Humphrey files lawsuit against foster agency - December 2015

The family of Omarion Humphrey has filed a lawsuit against the foster agency that placed him and the foster parent who was watching him.

Omarion's estate is suing Alternatives for Children and Family as well as the foster mother.

Residents remember Omarion Humphrey 1 year later

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back