MI MI - Paige Renkoski, 30, Fowlerville, 24 May 1990

Made an album for her on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me. It will be 25 years this May, her mom needs answers!
Paige Renkoski Missing since May 24, 1990 from Fowlerville, MI
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics - Date Of Birth: February 2, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 125 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Long surgical scar on inside of right arm, surgical scar on right leg from knee replacement. She has 2 surgical screws in her left knee.
Clothing: White silk shirt, silk patterned slacks. Long beaded necklace.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance - Renkoski was last seen speaking with an unidentified Black male on the shoulder of Interstate 96 near the Fowlerville exit in Michigan on May 24, 1990 at approximately 15.00 - 16.30.

Renkoski's car was later found abandoned; the keys were in the ignition and the engine was running. The door to the vehicle was unlocked and Renkoski's purse and shoes were located inside. She has never been seen nor heard from again.

On that day back in 1990, Renkoski had dropped her mother off at Metro Airport at 11:30 and stopped to visit a friend in Canton Township until about 14.30. She stopped at a party store, bought a beer and headed back to Lansing.

Some witnesses have told police they saw her vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, a maroon or burgundy van following close behind.

Renkoski left a large sum of money in her bank account and apparently had no travel plans. Renkoski had a close relationship with her mother and was engaged to be married.

Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigators If you have any information concerning Renkoski's whereabouts, please contact:
Livingston County Sheriff's Department
517-546-2440
sheriff@co.livingston.mi.us
--
Michigan State Police
810-227-1149
All information may be submitted anonymously.

NamUs MP # 835 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/835/0/
The Doe Network: Case File 294DFMI http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/294dfmi.html
Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/renkoski_paige.html
CUE Center Paige Marie Renkoski http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/paige-marie-renkoski/

Want to leave this here. I've passed it on to her sister but am unsure if she's seen it yet. This was sent as a PM to the page my friend & I run called Never Forget Me -

This is for Paige Renkoski-missing for 25 years in Michigan. I have reported this in the past and again i wish to have this concern on this page. I had traveled to Memphis TN and on our return-along the expressway ourside of Glasgow Ky-on a very hot day-i watched as 3 men-black-led a white blond female down the edge of the road down an embankment-this stuck out as the woman had blond hair-a,white top and 1 male had her by the arm as 2 more males were in front-burgandy van- she stood out as the male by her had a,wool coat around her too. Who needs wool in 100° weather. I did report this to the Livingston Co. Sheriffs Dept 2x and was dismissed both times. I seen the story,tonight on Fox 66 and with this social media now-felt i had to try again. 3 black males-1 white female-2 vans. I remember this town-Glasgow for a reasons-yet the blond being led down the road left a lasting impression. Ty.

What year did this happen -- this sighting in Glasgow, KY? Was it the same year that Paige disappeared?

Want to leave this here. I've passed it on to her sister but am unsure if she's seen it yet. This was sent as a PM to the page my friend & I run called Never Forget Me -

This is for Paige Renkoski-missing for 25 years in Michigan. I have reported this in the past and again i wish to have this concern on this page. I had traveled to Memphis TN and on our return-along the expressway ourside of Glasgow Ky-on a very hot day-i watched as 3 men-black-led a white blond female down the edge of the road down an embankment-this stuck out as the woman had blond hair-a,white top and 1 male had her by the arm as 2 more males were in front-burgandy van- she stood out as the male by her had a,wool coat around her too. Who needs wool in 100° weather. I did report this to the Livingston Co. Sheriffs Dept 2x and was dismissed both times. I seen the story,tonight on Fox 66 and with this social media now-felt i had to try again. 3 black males-1 white female-2 vans. I remember this town-Glasgow for a reasons-yet the blond being led down the road left a lasting impression. Ty.

Bumping

Law enforcement investigating cold case, Paige Renkoski vanished in 1990

It's been 25 years since Paige Renkoski disappeared from Livingston County. She was last seen talking to a man on the shoulder of Interstate-96 about a mile East of the Fowlerville exit. Investigators have been looking for her ever since.

“We want, especially for the family, to put closure on this for them but we’d also like to close it because we’ve been at it so long. Paige is part of us,” says Bill Lenaghan, who is a part of the cold case team.

It will be 26 years on May 24, 2016 that Paige has been missing. Her mom and family need answers! They need to find her remains to lay her to rest. Yesterday was Paige's birthday, she would have been 56. In 4 more years, she will have been missing as long as she had been alive. We pray she is found before the 30th anniversary!

The team has received more than 2,000 tips but so far, nothing has helped solve the case.....
..... Investigators believe someone knows something and wants them to speak up.
“It’s very important, it’s the most important thing we have to deal with is what people tell us. Information will lead us to where we need to go,” adds Lenaghan.

If you have any information about this case, please contact Livingston County Sheriff's Office at 517-546-2440.

http://whmi.com/news/article/25678

Sheriff Bob Bezotte says another year has passed and they still haven’t got any answers...

He says four retired investigators are working diligently and following up on old reports and interviews to make sure they’re doing everything they can to solve the case.

Bezotte says they have also been communicating with other jurisdictions around Michigan and out-of-state that had similar cases.

A local paper looks back. The article is a year old but her missing Anniversary was yesterday.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/community/livingston-county/2015/05/29/paige-renkoski-years-missing/27747499/

This is a case that always haunted me, being from Metro Detroit. (Along with the OCCK.) I really wish this one got more attention, but it also seems like there is so little to go on. I think the main assumption here is someone forcibly took Paige away, and likely killed her. But I do have some questions and wonder if there are any answers out there for these...
Has Paige's dental or DNA records been put into something like NamUs so if they do come across remains in another state they can be tested against hers?
I wonder just how many witnesses did see her talking to the men in the other vehicle and do those witnesses corroborate each other clearly?
Also one wonders if there are any similarities to any other cases during the same year or so in the US or Canada.

Glad to bump up this thread, I am new on Webslueths so hopefully my thread etiquette is on point ;)

This is a case that always haunted me, being from Metro Detroit. (Along with the OCCK.) I really wish this one got more attention, but it also seems like there is so little to go on. I think the main assumption here is someone forcibly took Paige away, and likely killed her. But I do have some questions and wonder if there are any answers out there for these...
Has Paige's dental or DNA records been put into something like NamUs so if they do come across remains in another state they can be tested against hers?
I wonder just how many witnesses did see her talking to the men in the other vehicle and do those witnesses corroborate each other clearly?
Also one wonders if there are any similarities to any other cases during the same year or so in the US or Canada.

Glad to bump up this thread, I am new on Webslueths so hopefully my thread etiquette is on point ;)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Paige has DNA in NamUs but not dentals or prints.
Yes, its thought the guys took her then killed her at some point. Her mom is very active with Missing in Michigan.

Paige's NamUs profile
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/835/0/

BBM

I agree that that's the most likely scenario. What surprises me is that the case hasn't been connected to any others. It would surprise me if perps tried something that brazen and got away with it once yet never tried again.

Sad news. Ardis Renkoski, Paige's mother just passed away at the age of 84

I knew Ardis, and just spoke with her last May at the annual Missing in Michigan. She was a regular attendee of those events.

http://whmi.com/news/article/30057

Very sad. I watched Ardis grow in Missing in Michigan from when she could barely use a computer. I'm sure she knows where her sweet daughter is. She's finally found some peace. Hoping her kids will continue her work to bring Paige's remains home

Missing in Michigan: Paige Renkoski's case still baffles investigators nearly 30 years later
Renkoski went missing in 1990, her car was found running on side of I-96

LIVINGSTON COUNTY, Mich. - Paige Renkoski's case continues to baffle investigators.

It's one of Michigan's oldest cold cases. She was a young, attractive substitute teacher who disappeared without a trace on May 24, 1990 just after she dropped off her mother at the airport. Her vehicle was found stopped on the westbound shoulder of I-96, about 1/2 mile from the Fowlerville exit.

The last person to report seeing Renkoski was a passing motorist around 3:30 p.m. that day. The motorist said they saw Renkoski speaking with two unidentified black men near a maroon minivan.

Her car was later found with the engine still idling, unlocked doors, and her purse and shoes remained inside...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/miss...l-baffles-investigators-nearly-30-years-later

I grew up in Howell, the town right next to Folwerville. I remember very well when this happened. I was going to college in PA and had just spent the week-end with my folks back in Michigan. When I called to let my mom know I made it back okay, she told about it. I am very very familiar with the area. Although it is much more populous and developed now, Livingston County has lots and lots of places a body could be and not be found. I've also heard all kinds of rumours over the years, which I won't repeat obviously, but they were generally ridiculous. I had occasion to speak to Ardis, Paige's mom, a few times. She was a lovely person, may she RIP.

I grew up in Howell, the town right next to Folwerville. I remember very well when this happened. I was going to college in PA and had just spent the week-end with my folks back in Michigan. When I called to let my mom know I made it back okay, she told about it. I am very very familiar with the area. Although it is much more populous and developed now, Livingston County has lots and lots of places a body could be and not be found. I've also heard all kinds of rumours over the years, which I won't repeat obviously, but they were generally ridiculous. I had occasion to speak to Ardis, Paige's mom, a few times. She was a lovely person, may she RIP.

Welcome to WS. I'm not local, I met Ardis in the Missing in Michigan group. She and I worked really well together with replying to posts there to give help. What a sweet woman. She is very missed by a lot of people. I wished that she would bring Paige home before being called home herself but it was not meant to be. Praying her children get some sort of closure eventually with Paige being found.

Paige Renkoski
636427384932201920-Paige-Renkoski.jpg

Paige Renkoski was last seen on May 24, 1990 on Interstate 96 in Livingston County.

Paige Renkoski, a 30-year-old Okemos woman, was last seen on May 24, 1990, on westbound Interstate 96 in Livingston County, talking to a man standing next to a maroon-colored minivan.

The car she was driving was found hours later, still running with lights on and her shoes and purse inside.

The Livingston County Sheriff's Office has received more than 1,200 tips on Renkoski's disappearance, and likely murder. There were reports that she was seen at a rest stop or driving while being chased by a car on the interstate. Witnesses told police they saw Renkoski talking to a man and gesturing with her hands up in the air while he put a hand on her shoulder.

Police used a sketch artist to draw a suspect description based on witness accounts.

In 2011, investigators used a map from 1999 and ground-penetrating radar to search several areas for Renkoski's remains. They searched a pond, dug holes and used cadaver dogs, but the efforts were unsuccessful.

More than 27 years later, Renkoski's disappearance remains unsolved.

Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy said his department is still investigating but there have been no significant developments. Anyone with information is asked to call 540-7880.

LINK:

Serial killers, unsolved homicides: A look at some of Lansing's infamous cases

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151