MI MI - Patricia Spencer, 16, & Pamela Hobley, 15, Oscoda, 31 Oct 1969

Less than 3 months after Patricia and Pamela went missing, another girl, Cynthia Coon age 13, disappeared from Ann Arbor, Michigan. She too is still missing. Could there be a connection?

CCoon1.jpg

Cynthia Coon, age 13
Missing since 19 January 1970

LINK:

Less than 3 months after Patricia and Pamela went missing, another girl, Cynthia Coon age 13, disappeared from Ann Arbor, Michigan. She too is still missing. Could there be a connection?

CCoon1.jpg

Cynthia Coon, age 13
Missing since 19 January 1970

LINK:
I definitely don’t think there is a connection, the girls were last seen getting in a blue Chevy truck

hey guys. tomorrow will be 53 years since these girls were last seen. super upsetting:(i will be checking unidentified bodies soon again. no old bones or anything their description has been found in michigan this year.

just to get everyone’s mind going on this case again, i will share my thoughts on what i think happened to them. to be hopeful, sometimes i think that maybe they did successfully run away. i do search for bodies found in other states. although no evidence of them being friends or anything, maybe they thought they were coming back? another situation could be that they were literally kidnapped. i lived in oscoda so i KNOW the majority of older people are all very close in the town. this is relevant because there were two girls. there would need to be one strong man to take two girls forcefully. or multiple men that keep quiet to save each other. i strongly believe it could’ve been people who lived in the city & still do. i had strange neighbors on one side that knew a whole bunch of other strange people. strange as in they did drugs & they were older like around 50/60. another thing i feel like needs to be mentioned is that people have always torn down their missing flyers… even when it first happened. i asked my uncle who graduated from oscoda high school in 2016 if he even knew abt the girls & he said no. i can’t believe that not one person had ever mentioned it to him & he was literally in the school where the girls were last saw. i feel like it’s clearly being hidden by people that are still around. i was in such disbelief that with around 18+ teachers while he was there, no one had mentioned these girls. & to add, it’s not posted at all in the oscoda community group. im thinking maybe i’ll post it & see what happens.
People are in the 70s now, still afraid to talk? Why? Who is taking down the signs? Why haven’t they been questioned? These are somebodies daughters & sisters..

SBM
If you have any information about disappearances of Pamela Hobley or Patricia Spencer, please call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Oscoda Police Department at (989) 739-9113.

SBM
If you have any information about disappearances of Pamela Hobley or Patricia Spencer, please call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Oscoda Police Department at (989) 739-9113.
My question is who was the local reporter back then anyone know?

This is great, thank you for sharing. I'm glad to see them coming back into focus
They’re always in my focus! I am actually planning to do a search this spring. I found a girl around my age that I feel comfortable with & she has already metal detected some areas of Oscoda! Mary, Pam’s sister, also wants to come with us. It’s been WAY too long for these families. They wait until these men are 70-80+. There is renewed hope with detective John Richards. He is also looking for ANY tips

Last edited:
BY GABRIELLE DAWSON DECEMBER 21, 2023
''OSCODA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (CBS DETROIT) - A cold case team has been formed to solve the 1969 disappearance of Patricia Spencer, 16, and Pamela Hobley, 15.

The team consists of Michigan State Police West Branch Post detectives and the Oscoda Township Police Department.

The girls went missing on Oct. 31, 1969, Michigan State Police said.

They were last seen together walking from Oscoda High School about 2 p.m. eastbound on East River Road, police said.''

They’re always in my focus! I am actually planning to do a search this spring. I found a girl around my age that I feel comfortable with & she has already metal detected some areas of Oscoda! Mary, Pam’s sister, also wants to come with us. It’s been WAY too long for these families. They wait until these men are 70-80+. There is renewed hope with detective John Richards. He is also looking for ANY tips
Let me know!! I’m in the Alpena area, just up the road. Would be interested in helping search.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back