GUILTY MI - Patrick Mikes, 55, Troy, 27 July 2012

I wonder if there were searches of any of the small lakes and/or retention ponds that dot the landscape in these parts? There's a small lake in a subdivision just north of the Mikes' home and retention basins in many neighborhoods.

'Main suspect' in disappearance of Troy man arraigned WITH VIDEO

Bond was set at $50,000 cash, no 10 percent allowed, by 52-3 District Judge Lisa Asadoorian.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/08/02/news/local_news/doc50193eb611ebf489702903.txt

The younger son was at the arraignment. Photos of both boys in the article. It's not looking good for Patrick Sr. :(

ETA: Just realised that was yesterdays news. Sorry, I'm a day behind. :doh:

$50,000 cash bond seems excessive for the credit card incident. Something else going on here. :moo:

Chiming in here as a local who would gladly search if one was organized.

In these parts, lots of high school kids have their own credit card that is issued in their name but, yes, tied to the folks' account.

Notre Dame is pricy, but this family lives in an affluent neighborhood, and senior Mikes probably does very well. The son who is in pre-med is likely bright and could have won some scholarships, too.

BBM Not necessarily. Pre-med is NOT a competitive major in any university I am aware of. It simply means 'glorified biology / chemistry major'. Pre-med does NOT mean you are going to med school - any more then taking pre-reqs for nursing school means you're getting in.

I used to be on a scholarship committee - the $$ was specifically designated to health care careers. We had multiple applications from 'pre-med' majors who - based on GPA and other factors - we clearly never going to med school.

BBM Not necessarily. Pre-med is NOT a competitive major in any university I am aware of. I simply means 'glorified biology / chemistry major'. Pre-med does NOT mean you are going to med school - any more then taking pre-reqs for nursing school means you're getting in.

I used to be on a scholarship committee - the $$ was specifically designated to health care careers. We had multiple applications from 'pre-med' majors who - based on GPA and other factors - we clearly never going to med school.

Patrick Mikes is, indeed, attending Notre Dame on an academic scholarship. He's double-majoring in Psychology and Pre-Med.

Will do, CP. It never bodes well when a presser is late, in my experience. Ugh.

This was published a few minutes ago (I'm assuming this is from the presser?):

Investigators have shifted their investigation involving a missing Troy man from a missing person case to a homicide investigation.

The Troy Police Department allowed the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office to review evidence found in the home, and their determination was that it was "highly unlikely for someone to have survived" what is being described as a "violent encounter" in the basement of the Mikes family home.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/08/02/news/local_news/doc501ad0e5b24f3298347947.txt

There has to be more to this given the "violent encounter" .

I just can't believe all this went down over minor charges on a CC.

There has to be more to this given the "violent encounter" .

I just can't believe all this went down over minor charges on a CC.[/QUOTE]

ITA.

I have to go out for some errands tomorrow morning and will get flowers to place at the home from those here at WS who are following the case. Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Patrick Mikes, Senior.

My gosh, how much blood was there? And where is Mr. Mikes?

If Patrick blew up bad over the credit card theft, my guess is that this type of behaviour has been going on for a while.

My gosh, how much blood was there? And where is Mr. Mikes?

Guess it was more than just "gossip" as the one neighbor suggested.

Another neighbor said that carpet was removed from the home on Sunday night when LE was there searching.

The neighbour says he saw Mikes riding his bike on Friday
Was it at 5:30?

Where did this statement come from, is there a link. I can only find where his sons state that her left for a bike ride and the neighbour states that her often seen Mikes riding his bike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back