MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

I am going to read back, such an upsetting case, all I can think of, no rumour or scandal, or gossip or any of that, is a man jealous of her having a possible love interest that is not him. Not a new story in crimes. IMO. Delete if needed, I am not at all being rude or gossipy.
Is it even a given that the suspect that was arrested and released was a male?
PC White used "suspect", the released person's attorney did not refer to her client as a male.

iirc: The only reference to them being a male was an anonymous source saying that there's a photo of Sam with him from the Synagogue's grand opening, and the same source or another anon one saying he attended her memorial.

Is their long vow of silence to be commended or eyebrow raising?

PC White used "suspect", the released person's attorney did not refer to her client as a male.

iirc: The only reference to them being a male was an anonymous source saying that there's a photo of Sam with him from the Synagogue's grand opening, and the same source or another anon one saying he attended her memorial.

Sorry izzy, reading back, should have done that already, not sure why it made me assume some or I were thinking Male. My apologies. I did and do not feel Male at all frankly, unless only as a jealous outsider. Jmo

Sorry izzy, reading back, not sure it made me assume posters were thinking Male. My apologies. I did not feel Male frankly.
Well, there is this, which states the person held and released is a man:

"A man who was being held in custody in connection with the murder of a well-known Detroit synagogue president has been released without facing official charges.

The attorney for the man confirmed to Local 4 news that he had been released from custody."

Sorry izzy, reading back, should have done that already, not sure why it made me assume some or I were thinking Male. My apologies. I did and do not feel Male at all frankly, unless only as a jealous outsider. Jmo
All along I just assumed it was a male until yesterday when I read what the neighbor Patricia Cole said got me thinking.

Well, there is this, which states the person held and released is a man:

"A man who was being held in custody in connection with the murder of a well-known Detroit synagogue president has been released without facing official charges.

The attorney for the man confirmed to Local 4 news that he had been released from custody."

I've read all that, ty.
It still remains that the Chief and police refer to them as "suspect" and "a person".
Is this common practice for LE when discussing someone taken into custody then released when their name isn't made public?
I will look again but I don't remember seeing the person's attorney refer to their client as a man.
So again it's "a source" who says a man was released.
For now I'm not assuming male or female.

iirc: The only reference to them being a male was an anonymous source saying that there's a photo of Sam with him from the Synagogue's grand opening, and the some source or another anon one saying he attended her memorial.

It's been established by the police and media reports that the person who was arrested is male, belonged to the synagogue, lives in metro-detroit, was pictured with Sam at the syagogue's reopening ceremony in late August. He was picked up by police in Kzoo while "visiting family."

I've read all that, ty.
It still remains that the Chief and police refer to them as "suspect" and "a person".
Is this common practice for LE when discussing someone taken into custody then released when their name isn't made public?
I will look again but I don't remember seeing the person's attorney refer to their client as a man.
So again it's "a source" who says a man was released.
For now I'm not assuming male or female.
I hear you and it's smart to keep it open, but one "source" was the suspect's own lawyer, who I'm assuming would know.

jmo

It's been established by the police and media reports that the person who was arrested is male, belonged to the synagogue, lives in metro-detroit, was pictured with Sam at the syagogue's reopening ceremony in late August. He was picked up by police in Kzoo while "visiting family."
I've also read all that and just assumed it was a male and it is a man.
I am curious because I've found nothing where PC White, the police or the released suspect's lawyer being quoted that it is a man who was arrested/released.
After reading what Woll's neighbor Patricia Cole said I started thinking female, and maybe it's a female that was somehow involved in the death of Samantha which led me to the "man" that was released.
Like everyone else I'll just have to be patient and see what unfolds.

Samantha is a well known and loved community member but I was curious what the need for warrants is for LE to obtain neighborhood surveillance footage.
I would think that everyone with security cameras in the area of her home would have checked theirs and that LE had already canvased the area, spoke to neighbors if they saw anything and asked about security cameras on their property and could they look at and/or have the footage.
I may be way off on this but it came across to me that LE needs warrants to obtain some homeowner's camera's footage.
I would think most homeowners would gladly turn over any footage. But landlords may not be as openhanded. Especially the big property management companies with dedicated legal departments. They may have policies requiring a warrant before providing any data to LE.

(And even with homeowners, there always the possibility of that one person who flat out refuses to do anything beyond their legal obligation.)

I would think most homeowners would gladly turn over any footage. But landlords may not be as openhanded. Especially the big property management companies with dedicated legal departments. They may have policies requiring a warrant before providing any data to LE.

(And even with homeowners, there always the possibility of that one person who flat out refuses to do anything beyond their legal obligation.)
Thanks for your input, it makes much sense.
I don't even know what type of residence Samantha lived in.

If there's any chance it was a hate crime, I can easily imagine why the demographics of the neighborhood might make LE think they'd better get a warrant to get neighbors' camera footage
Moo
This is what was said:

Investigators are treating her death as arising from a domestic dispute and not extremism, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation. Still, Woll's killing has rattled Jewish community members still grappling with Hamas' deadly October 7 attacks on Israel and the ensuing conflict.Nov 8, 2023

Samantha Woll: Suspect arrested in killing of Detroit ... - CNN​

1701219378203.png
CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com › 2023/11/08 › samantha-woll-kil...

Police get a warrant for these types of things as a matter of course. It helps establish chain of custody and provenance of the footage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back