MI MI - Sandra Loepp, 37, Washington Twp, 16 Dec 2012

^ Thanks for the update, Guinevere. I haven't seen or heard anything about this case for weeks. Whether Sandra's untimely death was an accident or intentional, someone knows exactly what happened. Shame on whoever did this for not letting this family know the truth about happened to their loved one :furious:

According to the Topix thread a suspect is in custody, a truck has been impounded and others are being questioned. As of right now, I can't find MSM confirmation, but it will be interesting to see if anything comes of these rumors.

Well, it appears that the comments in the Topix thread were not accurate. According to the Justice for Sandra Facebook page, a vehicle was examined, but cleared and no arrests have been made or will be at this time. It looks like they are back to square one :banghead:. I wish whoever did this would come forward to give this family the peace they deserve.

Well, it appears that the comments in the Topix thread were not accurate. According to the Justice for Sandra Facebook page, a vehicle was examined, but cleared and no arrests have been made or will be at this time. It looks like they are back to square one :banghead:. I wish whoever did this would come forward to give this family the peace they deserve.

Hi Maggie,

I've been following along over on the Topix thread myself. I had a feeling the rumblings over there would turn out to be false or rumors :eyeroll: so I held off on posting anything here until there was some sort of confirmation.

When I see something posted in MSM I'll believe it. :waiting:

It would be nice for the family to have some sort of closure in this case and the perp to be held accountable. Unfortunately my hopes for either happening are fading fast. :(

~

A very similar incident occurred in Travers City at the beginning of July.

Still remains unsolved.

I guess this can provide proof to the fact that an SUV or Pick-up can somehow set just right and get a person caught underneath.

Very Sad :(

:please: Prayers to both Kelly & Sandra's families. I hope they are able to someday find justice and closure.

BBM

Police seek information from downtown businesses on deadly hit and run
by Meghan Morelli

Posted: 07.13.2013 at 3:58 PM
Updated: 07.14.2013 at 6:00 PM

http://www.upnorthlive.com/neighbor...545879_634948_206296699524946#f37fa62c9204324

"29-year-old Kelly Boyce Hurlbert was hit while riding her bike on Washington Street just before 2am July 5. Police say after she was hit she was dragged by the vehicle for more than 1 1/2 blocks. Hurlbert had left work at North Peak Brewing Company and was just a block away from her home where she was left. She died a short time later at the hospital. "

Jack's Journal: Kelly Hurlbert's Family and Friends Search For Answers

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 5:25 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 25, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

http://www.9and10news.com/story/22924405/kelly-hurlberts-family-and-friends-search-for-answers

~

A very similar incident occurred in Travers City at the beginning of July.

Still remains unsolved.

I guess this can provide proof to the fact that an SUV or Pick-up can somehow set just right and get a person caught underneath.

Very Sad :(

:please: Prayers to both Kelly & Sandra's families. I hope they are able to someday find justice and closure.

Police seek information from downtown businesses on deadly hit and run
by Meghan Morelli

Posted: 07.13.2013 at 3:58 PM
Updated: 07.14.2013 at 6:00 PM

http://www.upnorthlive.com/neighbor...545879_634948_206296699524946#f37fa62c9204324

"29-year-old Kelly Boyce Hurlbert was hit while riding her bike on Washington Street just before 2am July 5. Police say after she was hit she was dragged by the vehicle for more than 1 1/2 blocks. Hurlbert had left work at North Peak Brewing Company and was just a block away from her home where she was left. She died a short time later at the hospital. "

Jack's Journal: Kelly Hurlbert's Family and Friends Search For Answers

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 5:25 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 25, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

http://www.9and10news.com/story/22924405/kelly-hurlberts-family-and-friends-search-for-answers

~

It appears there is a lot more incentive to turn someone in on Kellys case.

BBM

"The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect has reached $50,000, made up of donations from friends and community members."

http://www.upnorthlive.com/neighborhood/story.aspx?id=921142&gotocomments=1&fb_comment_id=fbc_206087369545879_634948_206296699524946#f37fa62c9204324

~

Reward for information in fatal Washington Township hit and run raised to $10,600

Posted: 08/11/2013
Last Updated: 1 hour and 12 minutes ago

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Crime Stoppers has announced an increase in the reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in the hit and run death of a Washington Township mother.

Police say Sandra Lee Loepp, a 37-year old mother of five, spent the evening with her husband and friends before leaving Santino’s bar in Washington Township on Sunday, December 16 around 1:00 a.m.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...hip-hit-and-run-raised-to-10600#ixzz2bkjzqnNK

It seems that this hit & run has run cold. It even quieted down on Topix. If nothing else, I hope lessons were learned about securing a safe ride home. I feel for her family & friends.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

3 years later, family continues fight for answers in mother's death

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: Jul 13 2015 07:45:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. -
A husband lost his wife and five children lost their mother the night Sandra Loepp was killed in a hit-and-run in Washington Township in December of 2012.

The driver who left her to die in the road has never been found, but Loepp's family still hasn't given up.

Every July Loepp's family comes together for a reunion, but this is the third one Sandra has missed. Her family is still hoping for justice...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...s-fight-for-answers-in-mothers-death/34147520

This case is so upsetting. I don't know how the person responsible can live with themselves knowing what they have done to this family.

Bumping for Sandra. I really thought that this case could have been solved. Maybe it still can be!

I live in Romeo and I always think of this case when I drive past the spot this all took place. It really bothers me that it hasn't been solved. Wouldn't you think that whoever hit her would have had to tell someone to alleviate their conscience or just get it off their chest? The other thing that baffles me is that the vehicle had to sustain damage so who fixed it? Why didn't they think to contact police? I'm also surprised that the trailer park where she was ultimately found didn't have cameras or that some camera or security camera somewhere along the way didn't pick up her walk at least to the pizza place right before the accident site. Does anyone have any new information? Is the husband still searching for answers? I hope this family soon gets all the answers they need to sleep more peacefully!

Agreed! I would think if not the park some where near at least would have video surveillance. I do know a sister, they are still searching for answers. As far as the husband....I have no clue. Sad, nothing has come to light for them yet :(

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back