GUILTY MI - Stephen McAfee, 19, Macomb Township, 10 March 2016 *Arrests*

I agree.

“Prosecutors say McAfee was unarmed.

“Medical expert testimony found that one shot went up through the cheek and through the top of the skull, and another shot into the back of the skull.“ (BBM)
Andrew Fiacco guilty of 2nd-degree murder in death of Stephen McAfee

This doesn’t sound like self-defense, IMO.

I’d like to hear from the jury.

Seriously? I live not too far from these kids. How sad.

MOO: there’s no way kids would go to the vacant location just for an alleged “pot deal.”

They could have done this anywhere anytime. The articles from local news sources have maintained that the motive is “sketchy.”

This is the first we’ve heard of the alleged “sleeping together” between Stephen and Evette. If that were the case is it really believable that she’d keep Stephen’s body in her car?

Different story altogether to spare the (hate to say this) white kids life in prison.

No offense to anyone intended. I don’t post here much but Stephen reminds me of people I grew up with so I feel close to this case.

Regardless, nothing will bring Stephen back to life after he was shot in the way described in the latest article. Trajectory indicates this.

My heart goes out to Stephen and his family and also to Andrew, Evette and their families.

WATCH LIVE: Woman charged with helping Stephen McAfee's killer to be sentenced

Eevette MacDonald accepted plea deal

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A woman accused of helping her friend cover up the murder of 19-year-old Stephen McAfee is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.

Eevette MacDonald was charged with accessory after the fact to a felony, disinterment and mutilation of a dead body and lying to a police officer. She accepted a plea deal in December, pleading guilty to the first two charges in exchange for the dismissal of the lying to a police officer charge...

Stephen McAfee murder: Killer sentenced to at least 50 years in prison

Andrew Fiacco found guilty of second-degree murder

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Andrew Fiacco was sentenced Thursday to at least 50 years in prison for the murder and dismemberment of 19-year-old Stephen McAfee.

Fiacco, 21, was charged with McAfee's murder after the Macomb Township teen's remains were found in April 2017 at a vacant property in Bruce Township and near Fiacco's home in Ray Township. McAfee had been missing since March 2016.

Fiacco had been charged with first-degree murder, but a jury found him guilty of the lesser charge. His defense argued he acted in self-defense...

Stephen McAfee murder: Killer sentenced to at least 50 years in prison

Andrew Fiacco found guilty of second-degree murder

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Andrew Fiacco was sentenced Thursday to at least 50 years in prison for the murder and dismemberment of 19-year-old Stephen McAfee.

Fiacco, 21, was charged with McAfee's murder after the Macomb Township teen's remains were found in April 2017 at a vacant property in Bruce Township and near Fiacco's home in Ray Township. McAfee had been missing since March 2016.

Fiacco had been charged with first-degree murder, but a jury found him guilty of the lesser charge. His defense argued he acted in self-defense...
Also from the article:

“[SBM]

While McAfee's family members -- his father, mother, sister and brother -- spoke at the sentencing on Thursday, Fiacco broke down in tears.

McAfee's brother told the court not to believe Fiacco's ‘crocodile tears,’ calling him a ‘sociopath’ who is a threat to his family and ‘society as a whole. ‘The family members all pleaded for the judge to sentence Fiacco to the maximum punishment allowed.

[SBM]

Fiacco spoke before his sentencing, telling the court he did have remorse and that he missed McAfee, someone he said he considered to be a friend. He said he did look up to McAfee ‘in many ways.’

‘I have nightmares. I take full responsibility. Stephen was ... I miss him so much. I am so sorry,’ he said.

Judge Jennifer Faunce said she didn't think he could be rehabilitated as she handed down a prison sentence of 52-66 years in prison.

Before the sentencing, defense attorney David Griem blasted the McAfee family members for blaming Fiacco's mother for her son's past behavior. Griem called their statements ‘cheap shots’ and said the McAfee family was trying to paint Stephen in a better light.

Judge Faunce said she wasn't in court to sentence the Fiacco or the McAfee families.

‘I think Andrew Fiacco has sentenced all those people himself. You (Andrew) destroyed not only Stephen's life, but his family and friends' (lives). You've destroyed your family's life, as well as your own’ said the judge. ‘And then for 13 months you let everyone wallow in fear and distress, and hope was there as well, which I think is the worst part. Despite them reaching out to you, you continued to lie. You gave nothing away. You even told Mrs. McAfee you were a better person now. The only reason you did tell someone was that you needed assistance, to continue the crime, to continue to hide and to continue to leave everyone distraught.’

[SBM]”

I agree with Judge Faunce’s assessment that Fiacco cannot be rehabilitated.

Apparently, the maximum sentence for second degree murder in MI is life or “any term of years, in the discretion of the court trying the same.”
Michigan Legislature - Section 750.317

At minimum, Fiacco wil be 73 years old, or 87 at maximum. I hope that efforts will be made to keep him in prison as long as possible.

Also from the article:

“[SBM]

While McAfee's family members -- his father, mother, sister and brother -- spoke at the sentencing on Thursday, Fiacco broke down in tears.

McAfee's brother told the court not to believe Fiacco's ‘crocodile tears,’ calling him a ‘sociopath’ who is a threat to his family and ‘society as a whole. ‘The family members all pleaded for the judge to sentence Fiacco to the maximum punishment allowed.

[SBM]

Fiacco spoke before his sentencing, telling the court he did have remorse and that he missed McAfee, someone he said he considered to be a friend. He said he did look up to McAfee ‘in many ways.’

‘I have nightmares. I take full responsibility. Stephen was ... I miss him so much. I am so sorry,’ he said.

Judge Jennifer Faunce said she didn't think he could be rehabilitated as she handed down a prison sentence of 52-66 years in prison.

Before the sentencing, defense attorney David Griem blasted the McAfee family members for blaming Fiacco's mother for her son's past behavior. Griem called their statements ‘cheap shots’ and said the McAfee family was trying to paint Stephen in a better light.

Judge Faunce said she wasn't in court to sentence the Fiacco or the McAfee families.

‘I think Andrew Fiacco has sentenced all those people himself. You (Andrew) destroyed not only Stephen's life, but his family and friends' (lives). You've destroyed your family's life, as well as your own’ said the judge. ‘And then for 13 months you let everyone wallow in fear and distress, and hope was there as well, which I think is the worst part. Despite them reaching out to you, you continued to lie. You gave nothing away. You even told Mrs. McAfee you were a better person now. The only reason you did tell someone was that you needed assistance, to continue the crime, to continue to hide and to continue to leave everyone distraught.’

[SBM]”

I agree with Judge Faunce’s assessment that Fiacco cannot be rehabilitated.

Apparently, the maximum sentence for second degree murder in MI is life or “any term of years, in the discretion of the court trying the same.”
Michigan Legislature - Section 750.317

At minimum, Fiacco wil be 73 years old, or 87 at maximum. I hope that efforts will be made to keep him in prison as long as possible.

Wow, love this judge!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back