MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It' so bitter cold, any locals on weather????

I'm not a local, but according to weather.com it's currently 36 degrees (but feels like 29) and sunny in Morenci. Tonight the high is only 29 degrees..but tomorrow it is supposed to be 50 degrees and sunny.

Praying for continued good weather so the searchers can find these little guys!

It' so bitter cold, any locals on weather????

Not local, only local ish. According to weather underground, it is 36 degrees now, with about 5 more to go before they hit the day's high and it'll be below freezing tonight.
Tomorrow and Tuesday, there will be highs in the fifties, with rain on tuesday.

With much respect, I don't believe this was ever a murder/suicide (with a fail on the latter).

I believe it was a murder/Cover up because if he truly planned on suicide, there was no need to hide/move the other victims. The suicide was just part of the cover up story.

Oh and since searchers are looking in this persons known hunting grounds, it is safe to assume he owned a weapon. Yet he chose hanging for his suicide attempt, I think a weapon would have been quicker and more certain.

I am so sad for these poor lads.

The lengths to which people will go to cover up horrendous deeds against precious children is just stunning to me. While I pray with all my heart those closest to them are not responsible for the disappearance of Andrew, Alex, Tanner and Kyron, logic tells me otherwise.

Good points. I agree and will add the suicide might not only be part of the cover story but perhaps a planned defense strategy.

I hope I am wrong and these boys are in route somewhere with someone who is unaware an amber alert exists, but I'm afraid that is unlikely.

:(

I agree, at this point I think it's unlikely. Even if the person was unaware the Amber Alert existed, someone who spotted them would have probably called in by now.

Skelton also posted a Facebook message Wednesday indicating that he hoped God and his wife would forgive him.For what is unclear.

Read more: Where are 3 missing Morenci brothers? | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...are-3-missing-Morenci-brothers?#ixzz16axNJdnV

If he was JUST committing suicide, wouldn't he hope his sons would forgive him too?

BBM

How many times have we seen 2 spouses fight and 1 kills children and themselves............to many times.
This time the dad chickened out on himself, IMO.

latest tweets from Roop Raj -- Reporter/Weekend Anchor at Fox 2 News

Roop Raj? Where is he now? That explains why I haven't seen him lately on my local news.

Did they say when the news conference would be held? All I see at that link is that's it's been delayed (posted an hour and 10 minutes ago).

If he had an online relationship/connection to this woman and they have NOT found her by now it's because she doesn't exist. With the FBI involved, they would have been able to tell by examining his computer and phone records if she existed.

I think the contact Tanya had with this Joann will turn out to be falsified emails from dad, "pretending" to be this Joann.

At this point, I'm in agreement. Certainly the FBI could've analyzed the computer by now, even remotely, imo, with the IP address. MOO

BBM

How many times have we seen 2 spouses fight and 1 kills children and themselves............to many times.
This time the dad chickened out on himself, IMO.

Or it could've all been a ruse to make it appear he was suicidal. Supposedly he tries to hang himself, is unsuccessful, and calls someone to take him to the hospital? I wonder if there is any physical evidence of the attempt. :waitasec: MOO

Let's see - we've gone from the 'bushy-haired strange man' (Diane Downs) to the 'black man' carjacker (Susan Smith) to handing over the kid(s) to a woman or couple (Casey, Shakara Dickens, Elizabeth Johnson).

Sounds like they're all softening the circumstances by removing the associated violence with some mean strange man harming/taking the kids, and framing the story as 'OK' and 'normal' behavior.

The most suspicious part of it all to me, is that after the alleged suicide attempt, he has a friend take him to the hospital in OH. I understand that he lives close to the MI/OH border, but that crossing the state line just reeks to me.

There was a news conference today.

At a news conference today, Weeks said there is still no information on a Joann Taylor and whether she exists.

On Saturday, Weeks said police haven't found any information on Taylor. Weeks didn't elaborate, but said Tanya Skelton was in contact with someone at one point who said she was Joann Taylor.

FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Detroit Division Andrew Arena said at a news conference this afternoon that the agency is assisting Morenci and said he has told Weeks that “anything and everything he needs from the FBI, he has.”

Read more: Search continues for 3 missing Morenci brothers | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...-for-3-missing-Morenci-brothers#ixzz16bLBvFPp

In my research experience, it's not always a sure thing to find a couple with the same names and ages in a similar area. Joann and Mark appear to be fairly common names up there. Middle names would be helpful since many sites list them. I found a Joann and Mark Taylor, with Joann being 54 years old. :banghead:

I do have to agree with you that there are many Taylor's within the area.
I also found Joann, age 54. I think that is a very good chance that the children are not with anyone named Taylor at all. I was just trying to help in finding these beautiful little boys. I wish the boys were with a pastor and his wife! We would at least know that the children were safe. I just hope that they are found soon! I think there is much more to this story then any of us knows at this time.

Searchers are scouring an Ohio state park this afternoon for three young boys they fear are in "extreme danger," left by their father with a stranger just before he attempted suicide.
The Fulton County Sheriff's Department confirmed that volunteers are canvassing Harrison Lake State Park in northwest Ohio, about 10 miles south of Morenci.
Advertisement

A team of law enforcement agencies that include the Morenci police, FBI, the Lenawee and Fulton County sheriff's departments and the Michigan State Police are looking for Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton, ages 9, 7, and 5, who were reported missing on Friday.

http://detnews.com/article/20101128...n-search-for-three-missing-boys#ixzz16bMW0vPQ

On Sunday, a Michigan State Police forensics truck was parked outside Skelton's house on Congress.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101128...n-search-for-three-missing-boys#ixzz16bMMEZMj

Roop Raj? Where is he now? That explains why I haven't seen him lately on my local news.

Did they say when the news conference would be held? All I see at that link is that's it's been delayed (posted an hour and 10 minutes ago).

They had the presser - the first article I saw didn't have anything new in it & now I can't find it...but here's what I just found...looks like the presser was at 11:30.

Groups of law enforcement and volunteers are in the woods around Morenci trying to find any sign of the lost boys.

"They're still searching," Schroeder said about 11:30 Sunday morning.
FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold confirmed the FBI is assisting the search but did not offer any additional details on the bureau's involvement.

When asked if Skelton was a suspect in the boys' disappearance, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said "we need to keep our eyes wide open."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101128...o-State-Park-in-search-for-three-missing-boys

I do have to agree with you that there are many Taylor's within the area.
I also found Joann, age 54. I think that is a very good chance that the children are not with anyone named Taylor at all. I was just trying to help in finding these beautiful little boys. I wish the boys were with a pastor and his wife! We would at least know that the children were safe. I just hope that they are found soon! I think there is much more to this story then any of us knows at this time.

I have to agree with you. Much more to this story, for sure. We already know more then LE told the public (no mention of RSO mom by them!).

Thanks for all the updates.

Investigators issue plea for information about missing Morenci boys

MORENCI, Mich. — Law enforcement officials on Sunday issued a plea and set up a hotline seeking information about three Morenci boys who've been missing for three days.

"We need calls. We need tips," Andy Arena, a special agent with the FBI, said at a morning news conference. "Anything that's out there — no matter how incredible you think it is — call."

more here

http://toledoblade.com/article/20101128/NEWS16/101129625

The most suspicious part of it all to me, is that after the alleged suicide attempt, he has a friend take him to the hospital in OH. I understand that he lives close to the MI/OH border, but that crossing the state line just reeks to me.

Good point, but since I'm not familiar with the area, was it the closest hospital? To me the whole suicide attempt, then calling someone he knows to take him to the hospital is suspicious. MOO

I didn't see this:

in the article, unless my "find" doesn't work. Hmmmm.

FWIW, that happens sometimes as news articles are updated throughout the day. Sometimes earlier published information is removed from later editions.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member