MI MI - Thomas Lange, 30, Allen Park, 31 Dec 2003

This may sound terrible, but it isn't the family worst nightmare, that would be to forever believe that he was alive, they have resolution, not closure as there will never be that. So glad he can now go home to his family

I live in a suburban area near the Allegheny River near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Not far from my home is a rather isolated, narrow road that runs right alongside the river for several miles. It leads to the Keeper's Station for a Lock & Dam, so it is certainly not well traveled. At one point along the road is an old and crumbling concrete pier, once a part of something long gone.

Several years ago the local police department were looking for a person who was missing, along with his car. Rumor had it that the car might have been driven into the river off the old pier. Search boats with scanners and divers were brought to the scene.

In two days, they found nine cars! None of them were the one they were looking for but apparently some of them were pretty old.

Any place there's a body of water, there's always the chance of things being in it. Like cars and bodies.

Thanks. I've spent more than one day swimming downstream of that spot on the Allegheny. How many showers do I take now? LOL.

Thank you for that insight, Steph. There are a lot of cases like that around here (Boston-Providence-Hartford). Everybody just pretends it was an accident because it's safer that way.

wow, this is quite a story. Glad he was finally found.

I am the Advocate for this family. I am the person who had created his NamUs profile. He had gotten off work around 10:30 pm, had one beer, and left to go get diapers for his son, an hour later. This was on December 30th, 2003.

His family was planning their usual New Years Eve Party, and Tommy was very excited about it because he hadn't been able to attend since he was 15 years old. He had always been scheduled to work in the evening hours of New Years Eve.

This was no accident, and once the investigation is over, I'll be able to make more information public.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Apparently the guy is at this bar on New Years Eve after getting off work and makes a call on his phone at 12:30 AM on New Year’s Eve in 2003 and that is the last anyone has heard from him. Not sure if this is a media mistake and the 12:30 AM time is actually on the 1st of January the night everyone is partying or 12:30 AM the early morning on New Years Eve. But I'm thinking the phone call was made on the 1st of January in the early morning.

I linked a map where the bar is located below. Does anyone have the location where the car was found so we could determine how far it was from the bar to where the car was eventually found in the river?

I think this might be an unfortunate accident where he might of been drinking to much and simply drove his car into the river. I'm wondering if where the vehicle was found would have been on his route home or if it would have been completely out of the ordinary for his vehicle to have been near the river in the first place.

JMO

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=42.252513~-83.216251&lvl=15&dir=0&sty=r&q=7721%20Allen%20Road%2C%20Allen%20Park%2C%20Michigan%2048101&form=LMLTCC

Thank you for keeping us informed, Mary.

So very sorry about your loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back