MI MI - Tiane Brown, 33, Detroit, 29 October 2013

Yup. If two men were found in possession of Tiane's phone & now a body and her SUV have been found...I think any hope has faded :(

So saddened by this. Her poor babies.

:hug: to nursebeeme I don't know how you do it everyday. Following these cases and reporting to us and not loose it with these outcomes over and over.

Then I feel dumb for getting upset when her children lost a mother and her parents lost a child. I can't even imagine how they feel. What was the point of taking a life of a mother and daughter. For a cell phone ? There is just no reason.

Rant done, Thank You Nurse for being here and reporting for us :hug:

Jmo. Two possibilities, but probably unlikely:
She works on patent prosecution according to her firms website.
and
BBM
"Prior to joining the firm, Tiane worked as an emergency technician at a local hospital and then as a biomechanical engineer for a defense contractor that manufactures military vehicles."

willow run (home of rosie the riveter btw) is right next to the old packard plant that was just bought yesterday for several million.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/detroits-iconic-packard-plant-could-soon-be-back-business-8C11487943

Even those who aren’t familiar with the factory itself will remember the legendary “Rosie the Riveter,” the iconic representation of women who “manned” assembly lines across the country during World War Two. The image was inspired by one of the workers at Willow Run which produced a steady stream of B-24 bombers, more than 8,000 in all by the time the fighting ended.

Built and operated by Ford during the war, the factory was later transferred to General Motors which built transmissions there for the next half century. It was closed in 2010 as the automaker emerged from Chapter 11. The trust that was set up to dispose of properties that the “old” GM abandoned in bankruptcy wants to tear the old hulk down and turn most of the 332 acres into a research and development center.

But the Yankee Air Museum, a non-profit group based at the Willow Run Airport adjacent to the old factory, wants to acquire at least part of the facility and use it to store some of its fleet. A fundraising program missed a series of deadlines, but has received another reprieve after raising more than $6 million towards an ultimate target of $8 million.

mister nurse spoke here last year for veterans day (he is <recently retired from active duty> col in the army)

and

just last week we watched a documentary on willow run :eek:

I used to work at WSU, and while it is a pretty safe campus, some of the surrounding neighborhoods are rough. I hope she didn't run into foul play while driving in the city or stopping to get gas or whatever. Any mention of where she lives? Do her parents regularly babysit the kids, or was this a special occurrence? Was she planning on making any other stops before picking up the kids? So many questions on my mind.f

Tiane lives in Waterford Township. Her parents were babysitting that night but no mention about whether they always watched their grandchildren.

Yup. If two men were found in possession of Tiane's phone & now a body and her SUV have been found...I think any hope has faded :(

So saddened by this. Her poor babies.

I wondered why there had been no mention of cell phone pings indicating Ms. Brown's whereabouts.

Such a beautiful, bright woman with the promise of a great future. :mad:

I am so sick of this happening! Victims with so much to live for just like those 4 children and mom killed in Brooklyn. Tiane, for all appearances, was a brilliant professional. Over what? A few minutes with Tiane and a phone?

...Dear campus community,

We are sad to inform you that the body of Tiane Brown, a promising Wayne Law student reported missing yesterday, was found today in a vacant lot on the eastern edge of Detroit near the abandoned Packard plant. Two suspects have been taken into custody. Her family has been informed and the investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death is ongoing.

Tiane's death is a devastating loss to her family, including her three children, her fellow students, and the entire campus community. She was an exceptional and active student, and our sympathies extend to her parents, children, family and friends. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

The office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has been notified and is available for anyone requiring their assistance. They will be visiting the Law School today at 4:00 p.m. to meet with students, and can be reached at 313-577-3398.

President M. Roy Wilson

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...roit/-/1719418/22713754/-/1ykbik/-/index.html

In my work email...
Dear campus community,

We are sad to inform you that the body of Tiane Brown, a promising Wayne Law student reported missing yesterday, was found today in a vacant lot on the eastern edge of Detroit near the abandoned Packard plant. Two suspects have been taken into custody. Her family has been informed and the investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death is ongoing.

Tiane's death is a devastating loss to her family, including her three children, her fellow students, and the entire campus community. She was an exceptional and active student, and our sympathies extend to her parents, children, family and friends. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

The office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has been notified and is available for anyone requiring their assistance. They will be visiting the Law School today at 4:00 p.m. to meet with students, and can be reached at 313-577-3398.

Rest in peace, Tiane, may your star shine forever bright. Such a sad, sickening loss of a woman with such tremendous potential, my heart goes out to those poor babies and her family.

I wondered why there had been no mention of cell phone pings indicating Ms. Brown's whereabouts.

Such a beautiful, bright woman with the promise of a great future. :mad:

I think we just got an answer to your question. The phone was pinging and LE didn't release the info because they were tracking it. Let's just say I don't think these 2 men were "career criminals possessing much intelligence".

I am so sick of this happening! Victims with so much to live for just like those 4 children and mom killed in Brooklyn. Tiane, for all appearances, was a brilliant professional. Over what? A few minutes with Tiane and a phone?

Me too, Plumeria5!!!! I'm so angry right now!!! I hate it when people use the term "senseless" killing...EVERY murder is senseless. Now her precious babies will grow up without their mom and her parents just lost their precious daughter! What a good example to other young women Tiane could have been!!! I hope the ones responsible for her death pay dearly!!!!!!!!!!:tantrum:

:-(

third year law student. beautiful. her CHILDREN. her FAMILY. I just so sad right now.

I think we just got an answer to your question. The phone was pinging and LE didn't release the info because they were tracking it. Let's just say I don't think these 2 men were "career criminals possessing much intelligence".

They found the perps WITH her phone so I'm guessing you're exactly right.

They're not only incredibly evil, but also by the sounds of it, incredibly stupid. But at least we get justice served quickly. Prayers for Tiane & her loved ones on this tragic day.

:-(

third year law student. beautiful. her CHILDREN. her FAMILY. I just so sad right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willy wagtail
Back