Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very clear to state in previous posts and mention that my questions are not accusations and to let everyone know that nothing I've said on here should be misconstrued as an accusation. So...to be clear, we are only looking for information against DS? Is that what you are saying? He's the person of interest so we should only be posting stuff that seems relevant and is pertaining to him? We take what the victim's family, friends, etc as 100% truth no matter what?

My mistake - I thought it was determined that a crime occurred - like an abduction and a POI was named. Seems to me that when there is no victim, suspects, or a crime, anything goes. Perhaps you should ask a mod on that one. :waitasec: MOO

I liked the movie "Double Jeopardy". Kinda outlandish, but entertaining.
Night, all.

Again, after watching how this thread is progressing, I'm just going to say this.

I'm not going to judge the VICTIM of this crime for apparently doing what was right--removing herself and her daughters from an abusive situation. I'm not going to judge the parents of Venus for doing what I consider the right thing--opening their home to their daughter and granddaughters after their daughter did what we think every abused spouse should do: leave the abuser.

No one's past is perfect. I challenge each person in this thread to stand up to the scrutiny that any abused spouse faces. If you know anything about domestic violence, you see that this case is textbook. When the abused spouse first attempts to get help, the abuser characterizes the victim as "crazy," or "emotional," or "irrational," or the source of the abuse. Venus' case? Check. The abused spouse leaves numerous times before finally finding the support in relatives, community, churches to make the separation from the abuser permanent. Venus' case? Check. The abuser becomes even more angry once his control over his victim is diminished; thus many women are at greatest risk after leaving the abuser. Venus' case? Check.

I think that many women who've had an abusive spouse in their past may somewhat identify with Venus. She left her abuser, did what was RIGHT, and yet she's currently missing and her abuser is the only named person of interest in the case.

I give Venus kudos for, against all odds, leaving her abuser and getting her children out of that environment. There is no telling what her poor daughters have witnessed in the past. Worse, it can't be as awful as what they're experiencing now and will in the future...everything that we know about spousal abuse has come to fruition in this case. And as a result, these two girls will probably grow up motherless, but at least knowing that their mother mustered the courage to get them out of an abusive situation, even though it cost her her life.

As a survivor of domestic abuse myself, THANK YOU!!! So correct you are in your theory of identification with Venus. I met my abusive ex-husband at a very young age and thought, in vain, I could change him, the love of our children would change him, etc. I was horribly wrong and still live with shame, guilt and grief for all their little eyes and ears witnessed, even though I did my best to shield them from it.

It took me ten years to be strong enough to break away, for all the many reasons you cited in your post...and I walked away firmly gripping the adage to not judge until and unless you are in that person's shoes.

Oh, and as an aside, he'd convinced much of his family and many friends I was unstable, a poor mother, a suicide risk, etc. Anything I had said or done in a decade was wielded as a weapon. At any rate, thank you for so eloquently stating what I was trying desperately to say much earlier in this thread.

My mistake - I thought it was determined that a crime occurred - like an abduction and a POI was named. Seems to me that when there is no victim, suspects, or a crime, anything goes. Perhaps you should ask a mod on that one. :waitasec: MOO

Stewart’s husband, Douglas Harrie Stewart, 29, of Newport News, Va., is the sole person of interest in his wife’s abduction, investigators have said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/police_dive_team_combs_adams_l.html

Why did the marriage fall apart? Has anyone heard? My other question is who moved her and the kids back to Michigan?

This thread is beginning to get a tiny bit hostile and that's sad. I believe in looking into everyone around a person who disappears. I know I do it I just don't post it. Everyone on here knows that the police questioned VS's father. He was the only adult home when the mother went to work. This is no different than when a child disappears. If a child disappeared both parents would be under suspicion and questioned so I don't see why it matters if someone questions what the father of VS has said in interviews. I don't see anyone attacking the family or VS. VS was arrested, convicted and sentenced for domestic abuse and that is public record. Does that mean that DS or some unknown perpertrator gets to do away with her? NO, but it does give us some insight into a highly volatile, drama filled, abusive relationship. I truly feel sorry for the children that have had to witness both of their parents acting like complete idiots. They are the real losers in this drama.

I was a victim of domestic abuse and so I know what it is like living with a mental and physical abuser. I also know that I was terrified for two years after I left him that he would kill me. What I don't understand is why some women are so scared that a man will kill that they stay. I did not because I knew if I did one day he would kill me!!! BTW I was 18 years old when I married him. I was his second wife. When he beat his third wife up it was apparently so severe he served a couple of years in prison. There is no telling what wife he is on or if he finally killed a gf or wife and is in prison. I haven't been around that part of the country for 12 years.

Now I know that I will probably be jumped on in here and that is why I usually don't post a lot of my opinions on this site.

Why did the marriage fall apart? Has anyone heard? My other question is who moved her and the kids back to Michigan?

This thread is beginning to get a tiny bit hostile and that's sad. I believe in looking into everyone around a person who disappears. I know I do it I just don't post it. Everyone on here knows that the police questioned VS's father. He was the only adult home when the mother went to work. This is no different than when a child disappears. If a child disappeared both parents would be under suspicion and questioned so I don't see why it matters if someone questions what the father of VS has said in interviews. I don't see anyone attacking the family or VS. VS was arrested, convicted and sentenced for domestic abuse and that is public record. Does that mean that DS or some unknown perpertrator gets to do away with her? NO, but it does give us some insight into a highly volatile, drama filled, abusive relationship. I truly feel sorry for the children that have had to witness both of their parents acting like complete idiots. They are the real losers in this drama.

I was a victim of domestic abuse and so I know what it is like living with a mental and physical abuser. I also know that I was terrified for two years after I left him that he would kill me. What I don't understand is why some women are so scared that a man will kill that they stay. I did not because I knew if I did one day he would kill me!!! BTW I was 18 years old when I married him. I was his second wife. When he beat his third wife up it was apparently so severe he served a couple of years in prison. There is no telling what wife he is on or if he finally killed a gf or wife and is in prison. I haven't been around that part of the country for 12 years.

Now I know that I will probably be jumped on in here and that is why I usually don't post a lot of my opinions on this site.

BBM

Bottom line.

I pray she is found safe and soon. I pray for the sake of those girls it's not their father involved if she was abducted, or that in her fear over what he might do she didn't decide to disappear herself.

BBM. I agree with you. It's OK to be questioning everything. I do it, too.

I don't think anyone here is "attacking" the victim or her family or anyone else, I'm just saying that we, and the official investigators, shouldn't jump to conclusions in ruling anyone in or out. It's apparent that Venus and her husband have an extremely volatile marriage with numerous breakups, reunions, accusations of physical and sexual abuse, and requests for PPOs. In an explosive situation like this, of course the spouse is suspect #1 when the other spouse disappears. I'd be investigating every single corner of the husband's life (which police appear to be doing), but at the same time I'd be checking out everyone else as well. It is absoutely possible that something happened to this young woman that is completely unrelated to the situation with her marriage and husband. She could be buried in the backyard of a neighbor for all we know.

It would be really helpful to know Venus's daily routine since she returned to Michigan. And where are her friends? Have any of them spoken to the media about all this?

Person of interest sought on missing Colon woman

The person police are looking for is a white male in his late 20's to early 30's, approximately 5'5" to 5'8" tall, and approximately 150 to 160 pounds. He was last seen in the area of Adams Lake in northeast St. Joseph County, about one mile east of the site from where Venus Stewart was last seen. Witnesses tell police that the man had been acting suspiciously prior to Stewart's disappearance.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=121322&catid=14

I hope someone recognizes him soon. His behavior was a bit bizarre.

Search For Missing Colon Woman Continues

Meanwhile, State Police Forensics Teams from Michigan are pouring over the two vehicles owned by Douglas Stewart, who remains a person of interest in the abduction of his wife, Venus. We have also learned that they have obtained a warrant to search his home, and to obtain fingerprint and DNA samples.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/07/searc/

... husband knows.. he wanted her dead.. inside source states he left his cell back home, but he could of used a throw-away... they need to check all incoming calls to his mommies home and others out there.. they can get a record of incoming calls even if they came from a throw-away number...

Search For Missing Colon Woman Continues

Meanwhile, State Police Forensics Teams from Michigan are pouring over the two vehicles owned by Douglas Stewart, who remains a person of interest in the abduction of his wife, Venus. We have also learned that they have obtained a warrant to search his home, and to obtain fingerprint and DNA samples.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/07/searc/

This speaks volumes IMO.

... husband knows.. he wanted her dead.. inside source states he left his cell back home, but he could of used a throw-away... they need to check all incoming calls to his mommies home and others out there.. they can get a record of incoming calls even if they came from a throw-away number...

Inside sources say he left his cell at home ? In VA and he was in MI ? Is this what your saying ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen