Michael Jackson ~ new accuser files

Once upon a time I did not believe them and thought them opportunistic. Actually hearing them speak their truth some years ago changed my mind. That said, I think this is like flailing the hell out of a long dead horse and will, again, lead absolutely nowhere.

Once upon a time I did not believe them and thought them opportunistic. Actually hearing them speak their truth some years ago changed my mind. That said, I think this is like flailing the hell out of a long dead horse and will, again, lead absolutely nowhere.
ITA. I think it is quite a stretch to believe Jackson's corporations that he solely owned had a duty to protect the children. Where were their parents?

JMO

A dead child molester is still a child molester. Just like my uncle. NEVER moving on! Jackson needs to title permanently attached to his name and history. Infamy.
Jackson was acquitted at trial while he was still very much alive.

JMO

Jackson was acquitted at trial while he was still very much alive.

JMO
By a star-struck jury. So were OJ, Casey Anthony, and Robert Blake. All Guilty in my eyes. That doesn't make him innocent!

From the posted article:

Once the audio feed was cut, the judge read a statement the jury had prepared, which stated that jurors had "thoroughly and meticulously" reviewed the details of the case since January 31, followed jury instructions, and had confidently come to their verdict.

"It is our hope that this case is a testament to the justice system and to the truth," the statement said.

Michael Jackson got away with a lot of behaviour where most parents/guardians would've had their children taken into care. He dangled his baby from a balcony while his adoring fans from below, screamed like maniacs.
With the introduction into our every day life of social media, people post pics/video of parents doing the same and publicly shaming them, one grandfather lost hold of the child, she fell to her death into the sea!
But MJ is a saint in his fans eyes and could do no wrong.

MJ openly admitted to sleeping with boys who stayed at his house, he was confident he wouldn't be prosecuted. Paedophiles will speak of this 'love' any chance they get. If anyone is interested in watching videos of interviews with paedophiles, they speak about the 'love' they have for children, they would 'never' harm them, the 'love' is mutual and 'pure', MJ is a textbook example of this, and I believe the young men who've come forward. jmo

A dead child molester is still a child molester. Just like my uncle. NEVER moving on! Jackson needs to title permanently attached to his name and history. Infamy.
By a star-struck jury. So were OJ, Casey Anthony, and Robert Blake. All Guilty in my eyes. That doesn't make him innocent!
LinasK, You say it better than I could! So true. JMO.

From the AP article: The higher court judges disagreed, writing that “a corporation that facilitates the sexual abuse of children by one of its employees is not excused from an affirmative duty to protect those children merely because it is solely owned by the perpetrator of the abuse.”

This is a different action than going against Jackson as had been done in the past. While Jackson was the sole owner there were clearly others in these businesses the had a duty for oversight just as happens in a school or other business. Allegations had been made AND the business was aware so each and every child who came into contact with this man had a right to be protected by the corporation if not the man.

Good for the higher court. It is important to remember that this man had all kinds of contact and deals he made with the children and their families. The idea that it is only the family's duty to protect or this man's duty to protect is simplistic while leaving children at the mercy of abusers or people who maybe unaware of the danger. The corporation has D and O responsibilities (and usually insurance for their actions) for just this reason.

Thank you. I find it laughable that that jury thinks they found "the truth".

It may have been truth to them but it is possible that this man was protected by families and victims at trial. He was extremely charismatic AND manipulative of all that encountered him. It took a lot of work to find who would go against him. Additionally, we will never know who signed NDAs and were paid behind the scenes that may have changed the story the jury heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back