Michael Rafferty Appeal?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
"She is the only evidence as to what was going on between those two people," #Rafferty lwyr says of his client & McClintic

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 7m7 minutes ago
"McClintic is prone to lying about everything!" says #Rafferty'a lawyer Paul Calarco.

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Calarco says McClintic's evidence given is not corroborated by anything concrete. #Rafferty #ToriStafford

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 1m1 minute ago
"When you have witness of this magnitude (#Rafferty 's co-accused).. with this history (lying)" .."extreme caution " is needed say lawyer

***So his new lawyer is back to the old argument. If TLM is lying about everything then maybe she is lying about being the one who killed Tori? Can't have it both ways IMO.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 51s52 seconds ago
"I do not suggest Mr Rafferty had no involvement in this situation, but only a new trial can correct these errors." Calarco finishes.

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 45s45 seconds ago
Calarco concludes #Rafferty trial judge made 3 errors & his client did not get a "legally correct trial." Only a new trial can fix that.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s58 seconds ago
Judges will take 15 mins to discuss #Rafferty lawyer's arguments, now complete. #Stafford

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 21s22 seconds ago
Another 15 minute recess now at #Rafferty appeal.

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 5m5 minutes ago
#Rafferty lawyer finishes presenting his case. Court breaks for 15 mins, then will have to answer questions for appeal panel.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
#Breaking #Rafferty appeal dismissed. no need to hear from crown

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 13m13 minutes ago
"We simply don't agree with you, the appeal will be dismissed" judge says, courtroom breaks out in applause #Rafferty

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 12m12 minutes ago
"Justice was served again!" family exclaims in courtroom #Rafferty appeal in Victoria Stafford case dismissed

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 13m13 minutes ago
#Rafferty appeal comes back into session. Justices immediately tell Calarco "we simply don't agree with you...The appeal is dismissed."

Momin QureshiVerified account ‏@Momin680NEWS 12m12 minutes ago
THIS JUST IN! Judges have dismissed Michael Rafferty appeal attempt. Stafford family breaks into applause. #Stafford #Rafferty

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
Applause in court as #Rafferty appeal dismissed #Stafford

***Justice has been served...again.

Momin QureshiVerified account ‏@Momin680NEWS 12m12 minutes ago
One of Torri Stafford's family members says "justice has been served again!" as judged dismiss appeal attempt.

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 11m11 minutes ago
Victoria Stafford's@family break into tears as court case dismissed #Rafferty

Momin QureshiVerified account ‏@Momin680NEWS 10m10 minutes ago
Tori Stafford's mother Tara McDonald crying in the courtroom, after judges make decision to dismiss appeal. #Stafford #Rafferty

Natalie KalataVerified account ‏@natalie_kalata 7m7 minutes ago
" in a sense we can move forward" Rodney Stafford says now that #Rafferty appeal has been dismissed

***Best wishes to Victoria's family. I hope this resounding "hell no" to MR from the judges today is of some sort of comfort to them.

So thankful justice has been served again for Tori. So glad the Stafford/Macdonald family's can move forward!! Rest peacefully sweet angel

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

6rr87k.jpg

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 12m12 minutes ago
#ToriStafford's dad, Rodney, says he was confident appeal would be dismissed. Re: #Rafferty: "he can go back & rot"

2u70pj6.jpg

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 12m12 minutes ago
#Rafferty's lawyer Paul Colarco wouldn't discuss whether he'll pursue appeal in higher court.

So do we think that MR would have the audacity to try for the SC? :notgood:

I join with you all with saying I am so thankful for today's decision.

Thank you Kamille for keeping us up to date with the Court hearing. You are wonderful.

So do we think that MR would have the audacity to try for the SC? :notgood:

I'm not sure he would but you never know. I'm not sure how it works. I was under the impression that the SC chooses the cases to hear and that you can apply to be heard but not all them will get there. If that's the case, once again, it doesn't matter who killed Tori. What matters is that both of them were involved and there is proof of that and it didn't just come from TLM. I don't think it will get to the SC.

IMO MR appealed just because he can and it's his "right". Just like Dellen Millard and Mark Smich. They've appealed because they can. It's a faint hope type deal.

I agree with Rodney Stafford. He can go back and rot in jail.

Great news ... what a relief .... Yes, justice has been served again, but a little jailhouse justice would be even better ;)
:jail:

Kamille thank you kindly for the tweets.

Such fantastic news to find out the will continue to rot away in a tiny prison cell, alone for the rest of his pathetic life. He deserves nothing more. It won't surprise me if he tries to take it to SC. He has nothing to lose after all, not even a nickel from his own pocket. He's desperate for his freedom but it will never happen. The monster has had seven years behind bars and I bet he's still not fairing well....awesome!

I'm not even sure if Calarco would represent him should the want to take it to SC. Good luck finding a lawyer who will take on his case, that task. IMO it's obvious Calarco shrugged it off and was satisfied with the judge's decision. MOO.

For Tori's loved ones I hope the monster's denied appeal brings them some sort of comfort and closure and they can put it behind them and try and move forward with their lives as they said they want to. Rest in peace sweet Tori. MOO.

“We received a very fair hearing from the court. There’s active questioning. That’s very standard in appeals,” Calarco told reporters after the hearing. “I have no complaints about the hearing we received.”

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/10/24/m...-of-killing-tori-stafford-begins-appeal-today

So glad justice prevailed for Tori. Hard to believe that this monster had the audacity to appeal his conviction! Did he actually think he stood a chance? Like really? Pretty deluded if that's the case. Just glad that family doesn't have to go through the whole trial again, and dig out all of the horrendous testimony, evidence, etc... Truly horrific for them I'm sure.

People like MF and his girlfriend deserve death penalty, however luckily for them it doesn't exist anymore.

RIP Tori.

Great to know as of January 2017, jurors will be offered professional counselling if they need it, paid by the government. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back