Michael Tracey Thread

I'm just wondering if the reason Karr sent the emails to Tracey in the first place was precisely because Tracey pointed the finger at an innocent person. You know how killers sometimes get miffed if someone else gets credit for their work, maybe Karr was irritated about it & decided to correct him, thinking in Thailand he couldn't be tracked. Purely speculative, of course.

What this is all about, much depends on the character of John Karr. And as this evolves, that is what I am now interested in knowing more about. I now believe that this guy (who has been described as brilliant by acquaintances) has been playing a mind game with Tracey OR (in even greater likelihood) Tracey with him. I bet that much of this will come down to semantics. BOTH of those two are obssessed with the Ramsey case - so why is it that when this is said about Karr - it comes off as sick - but it is not thought to be so when we apply the same statement to Tracey? For that matter, most regular posters on this forum since the death of JonBenet could be categorized as obsessed too, without having that interpreted as meaning that we are "sickos" (except maybe by Wood and JR.)

Although he avoided it, since he did not come forward of his own free will but only because of Tracey, now that he HAS been arrested, I believe that this guy is now involved in playing a major mind game with the authorities, the media and the public. And, given references to Michael Jackson (assuming that they are for real) I think that he is prepared to take them all on, to prove some points. What those are, remains to be seen.

It seemed to me that during this morning's extradition hearing, he was whispering some concern with clothing to his lawyer. Did anyone else catch that? This would tend to support the idea that he is getting ready for a show of sorts.

As far as I am concerned, Karr has ceased to be a subject of interest as far as "facts" or "breakthroughs" of the case are concerned. I believe that he will not add anything to that. I think that this will only continue to be of interest to anyone who is interested in the psychological and media perspective of the case.

JMO

Hyatt said:
It seemed to me that during this morning's extradition hearing, he was whispering some concern with clothing to his lawyer. Did anyone else catch that? This would tend to support the idea that he is getting ready for a show of sorts. JMO

I noticed that.

I'll bet there's another Tracey (croc)documentary in the works...and he may have promised Karr that he'd be the "star."

I think this guy is off his rocker...it will be interesting to hear what other murders he's been involved with...Tracey latched on to this nutball for a reason. But I think it's for his personal gain.

So it took 4 years of corresponding with Karr until he finally said things that caught Tracy's attention?

luvbeaches said:
I noticed that.

I'll bet there's another Tracey (croc)documentary in the works...and he may have promised Karr that he'd be the "star."

I think this guy is off his rocker...it will be interesting to hear what other murders he's been involved with...Tracey latched on to this nutball for a reason. But I think it's for his personal gain.

Luvbeaches......Tracey latched on to this nutball for that exact reason........personal gain! NO other reason!

xxxxxxoooo
mama

InnocentBystander said:
So it took 4 years of corresponding with Karr until he finally said things that caught Tracy's attention?
No Tracey was waiting for the correct time to become a public figure again after his first doc. He knew all along what karr's e-maill addy was.But he waited till we all heard PR was dying if I recall we heard that in Late April early may.

I just saw an interview on CourtTV with the attorney who spent time talking to Karr. She characterized him as "engaging", "intelligent", "spiritual" and "sensitive". She further said that everything he had stated was not necessarily a "confession" but statements although she realizes that it could be construed as such and she said that the media had preferred to spin it that way and that she was making an effort to "unspin" that.

I personally found this lawyer to be smart and engaging herself and, since I can't know anything for sure yet, she holds more credibility with me than anyone else I've so far heard speak.

CourtTV just showed some National Enquirer video footage of Karr singing and at home with long dark hair, tied back into a ponytail. He looked happier and heavier then.

JMO

InnocentBystander said:

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm", huh? :waitasec:

Hyatt said:
...I believe that this guy is now involved in playing a major mind game with the authorities, the media and the public.
...which is what Ramsey Inc. has been doing for years.

It'd be cool if they finally met their match.

Hyatt said:
I just saw an interview on CourtTV with the attorney who spent time talking to Karr. She characterized him as "engaging", "intelligent", "spiritual" and "sensitive". She further said that everything he had stated was not necessarily a "confession" but statements although she realizes that it could be construed as such and she said that the media had preferred to spin it that way and that she was making an effort to "unspin" that.

I personally found this lawyer to be smart and engaging herself and, since I can't know anything for sure yet, she holds more credibility with me than anyone else I've so far heard speak.

CourtTV just showed some National Enquirer video footage of Karr singing and at home with long dark hair, tied back into a ponytail. He looked happier and heavier then.

JMO
Hmm...I get a big feeling in the coming days there's going to be a giant "backing off" of Karr's confession...from the way that lawyer is talking.

Cause it's becoming evident if everyone misunderstood what he was saying...then he can't be the real guy.

In fairness, Harmon's depiction of him, does not suggest an image of someone deliberately out to dupe anyone but rather someone who is misunderstood and a victim of media spin and circumstance but I must keep on insisting on the fact that it was not Karr who went to the media but Tracey who went to LE, so statements regarding him seeking attention are erroneous. Heck, this guy could have gotten all the immediate attention he wanted instantaneously (as has been proven to be the case) if he just stepped out in some public place and shouted that he was the perp of the JB Ramsey case. He did NOT seek out the media. What was initially absurd is finally coming together. Tracey jumped to conclusions, LE bought it .... and here we are.

Boy, what I wouldn't give to know (but NOT buy from Tracey) what the content of those e-mails was. I bet it was all a crock of nothing and that Tracey is just WANTING to make something of it. And frankly, if I was LE I would be thinking one of the following regarding Tracey: a) you are either incredibly stupid since it took you 4 years to clue in OR b) what the heck have you been doing verbally dallying in private for 4 years with someone you suspected to be "a person of interest" without alerting us? Don't you think? This Lacy team is truly the Keystone Cops and JR got exactly what he wanted: a fresh look at the case, albeit a moronic one.

JMO

InnocentBystander said:
:laugh:Yep ... you gotta wonder about Tracey. Maybe it took HIM that long to become totally delusional about what he was reading. I think that HE'S the one with a screw loose. I say bring in Tracey and give HIM a psychological evaluation and then charge HIM with public mischief.

JMO

interjected himself with this investigation and has pushed three suspects, maybe someone should bring him in and check out HIS alibi for that night.

Britt said:
By the way, how does TraceyKarr explain JonBenét's prior/chronic abuse?
Well, neither one is doing much explaining these days. Tracey is playing hard to get with his so-called private "critical" info. However, I was under the impression that the prior/chronic abuse was not a sure thing and that LE experts found it inconclusive. Is that the case? I gotta say that I posted regularly here about 6-7 years ago (around the time the Ramseys took their private polygraph and Steve Thomas was on LKL) but I haven't been reading about the case for many years. The arrest of Karr brought me back here.

Edited to add: Tracey is a strong defender of John Ramsey so I doubt that he believes that such abuse took place though I haven't heard nor read him on the subject. Maybe someone else has. I never saw any of his documentaries (I don't think). Maybe someone else can summarize their gist.
JMO

Hyatt said:
:laugh:Yep ... you gotta wonder about Tracey. Maybe it took HIM that long to become totally delusional about what he was reading. I think that HE'S the one with a screw loose. I say bring in Tracey and give HIM a psychological evaluation and then charge HIM with public mischief.

JMO
Absolutely! I'm wondering where TRACEY was when JonBenet was killed? Ya know what I mean? This guy is beginning to look really strange to me. I couldn't agree more with several other posters on here that Karr didn't really ask for the limelight and I've also heard from several sources he is very smart. Lisa Bloom even said that. Karr is in a good position, if you ask me. He' off the hook for the Caly *advertiser censored* problems and is now being whisked to Co. to take his stand! I hope he makes Tracey look like the complete and utter fool I've always thought he was!:behindbar

Hyatt said:
However, I was under the impression that the prior/chronic abuse was not a sure thing and that LE experts found it inconclusive. Is that the case?
No. Not unless one dismisses six or seven(?) expert medical opinions.

I'm sure the BPD didn't consider it inconclusive, per affidavits from their panel of pediatric medical experts stating unanimously there was prior and/or chronic vaginal trauma.

What is "inconclusive" is how the prior vaginal trauma happened, not if it happened at all... i.e. was it corporal punishment or sexual abuse?

And whether Tracey wants to believe it or not, it is physical evidence that will need to be explained with regard to his suspect du jour.

gaia said:
Absolutely! I'm wondering where TRACEY was when JonBenet was killed? Ya know what I mean? This guy is beginning to look really strange to me. I couldn't agree more with several other posters on here that Karr didn't really ask for the limelight and I've also heard from several sources he is very smart. Lisa Bloom even said that. Karr is in a good position, if you ask me. He' off the hook for the Caly *advertiser censored* problems and is now being whisked to Co. to take his stand! I hope he makes Tracey look like the complete and utter fool I've always thought he was!:behindbar

I was watching one of those shows the other night...and someone said that Tracey should be careful because his odd behavior is going to land him on the suspect list.

Love_Mama said:
Luvbeaches......Tracey latched on to this nutball for that exact reason........personal gain! NO other reason!

xxxxxxoooo
mama

He's up to something...be it another doc or a book. I'd bet on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back