Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

Regarding the jacket, I live in Houston near where she is from. I know it sounds weird to non Texans or southerners, but when it gets to be fall and the temps drop below 90 we start wearing (or least bringing) jackets/sweaters when we leave the house. Yesterday it was in the 80s and my daughter told me “it’s going to be a cold winter if it’s already this cold in October.” I wear a light sweater everywhere I go most days and my kids take sweatshirts to school everyday. Maybe a Texas thing.

Some speculation here but re Michelle's vehicle, I think it was stated early on that New Orleans LE had checked it for fingerprints so I assume they also did any other processing of it that they thought was needed.

An earlier article also said the husband wanted to leave the SUV where it was at that time, in case Michelle returned to it.

Now, IDK but maybe he just arranged to have it held at the dealership for safekeeping until he is able get back to NO to retrieve it. ?
A part of me wished the vehicle wouldn't have been towed. What if MR wanted to return to it?

Regarding the jacket, I live in Houston near where she is from. I know it sounds weird to non Texans or southerners, but when it gets to be fall and the temps drop below 90 we start wearing (or least bringing) jackets/sweaters when we leave the house. Yesterday it was in the 80s and my daughter told me “it’s going to be a cold winter if it’s already this cold in October.” I wear a light sweater everywhere I go most days and my kids take sweatshirts to school everyday. Maybe a Texas thing.
I live near Houston & except for a cold restaurant or office, never need a light cover or jacket this time of year. I still think she seems overdressed even if she is experiencing hot/cold flashes. Being hot-natured means living in SE Texas is a living hell for some of us even on warmer winter days, which can be many. Everyone is different.

I'm more concerned about where Michelle is eating and sleeping plus very worried she may be a crime victim because she looks vulnerable in the pic we have seen.
JMO

I live near Houston & except for a cold restaurant or office, never need a light cover or jacket this time of year. I still think she seems overdressed even if she is experiencing hot/cold flashes. Being hot-natured means living in SE Texas is a living hell for some of us even on warmer winter days, which can be many. Everyone is different.

I'm more concerned about where Michelle is eating and sleeping plus very worried she may be a crime victim because she looks vulnerable in the pic we have seen.
JMO
Sadly, the homeless layer clothing. That could be the reason for the jacket.

I agree with you. I'd think it's expected for the ISD to put out a statement, especially since they're both long term employees.

Something along the lines of expressing their condolences, stating that they are fully cooperating with LE, that they are supporting the family however they can (which might include paid leave, for ex.)--- and letting the public know that they aren't authorized to answer their questions. I don't see what else they could do without overstepping their proper role in it all.
That would make sense but that isn't what they did. They said they are assisting the family. IMO Assistance to the family is helping to find her or giving information that may be relevant to her leaving. Therefore, I believe something happened at work that could have contributed to her taking off.

That would make sense but that isn't what they did. They said they are assisting the family. IMO Assistance to the family is helping to find her or giving information that may be relevant to her leaving. Therefore, I believe something happened at work that could have contributed to her taking off.
She was on leave since the beginning of this school term, I believe. Still, there could be work-related issues maybe.

MICHELLE:
If you see this post, please reach out to your family or ask for help. Your family loves & needs you no matter what difficulty you are experiencing.

A quick Google search of online dictionaries tells us that the verb ”to assist“ simply means “to help” and that can take any number of forms in this situation, including “giving information that may be relevant to her leaving” or providing help to the family to cope emotionally with her disappearance. There are other ways for Michelle’s employer to assist/help this family going through a terrible time, as have been mentioned in previous posts. If she had disappeared locally, the school employees might have been involved in searching for her, but it’s unlikely they have traveled to NOLA to look for her.

“Assist” is not a word that is limited to “helping to find her” or “giving information that may be relevant to her leaving” as you are interpreting it. Although there may have been a school-related situation contributing to her taking off, she was not at work during September and didn’t disappear until Sept 22, so that seems unlikely IMO. Her husband has made it clear that she is dealing with mental health issues with a counselor and with medication (that she had stopped taking), so a mental health reason for her disappearance seems much more likely than an employment issue.

It seems that a number of us are grateful to learn that the school district is assisting the family, in whatever form that assistance takes.
JMO

A quick Google search of online dictionaries tells us that the verb ”to assist“ simply means “to help” and that can take any number of forms in this situation, including “giving information that may be relevant to her leaving” or providing help to the family to cope emotionally with her disappearance. There are other ways for Michelle’s employer to assist/help this family going through a terrible time, as have been mentioned in previous posts. If she had disappeared locally, the school employees might have been involved in searching for her, but it’s unlikely they have traveled to NOLA to look for her.

“Assist” is not a word that is limited to “helping to find her” or “giving information that may be relevant to her leaving” as you are interpreting it. Although there may have been a school-related situation contributing to her taking off, she was not at work during September and didn’t disappear until Sept 22, so that seems unlikely IMO. Her husband has made it clear that she is dealing with mental health issues with a counselor and with medication (that she had stopped taking), so a mental health reason for her disappearance seems much more likely than an employment issue.

It seems that a number of us are grateful to learn that the school district is assisting the family, in whatever form that assistance takes.
JMO
I agree. I read somewhere that a meal train has been organized to take care of the needs of the children and husband. That is certainly assisting. I am also sure that since there are school aged children involved that the district is making sure that their emotional needs are being considered at this time. The husband, as I understand it, is also a teacher. In some districts teachers are allowed to donate their own personal leave days to a colleague in need. Assistance as you said, takes many forms. I am grateful that their school community is there for them.

I wonder how this case is being categorized, as far as LE involvement, with both Brazoria County PD and NO PD.

I've followed it from the start and it seems a lot of the talking (and investigating) that we know of has been done by or directed by the husband.

I wonder if that means it hasn't been a top priority to the police for their limited resources. I mean, even if she does have a psychiatric problem as she apparently does, she was also apparently together enough to be able to drive from Alvin to New Orleans without getting pulled over. So they may not be prioritizing it at the same level they would if, say, a child or a dementia patient was out on their own or if there were signs of her being taken against her will.

For ex., I haven't heard about a silver alert being put out for Michelle, though they aren't necessarily only for the elderly but can also be for those with a diagnosed mental condition. I wonder if they are more or less considering her an adult who just chose to go missing, at this point. The link below is about silver alerts, if anyone is interested.

ETA: Or it could be the authorities have a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about.

Last edited:
I think its because Michelle is seen as "chosen missing" in police terms.

They cant search in the meantime because it is her right to go missing.

We have seen too many of these unhappy relationships end in suicide even where there are young children.

My mom has bipolar disorder. The day before Thanksgiving one year, she left to go to the grocery store and never came back. No one in my family realized that she was on the verge of a manic episode at the time. So, we were stunned when we got a phone call from an angel of a woman who had stopped to ask my mom if she needed help when she came upon her car parked alongside a country road. By only what I consider to be divine intervention, the woman just so happened to be a psychiatric nurse and recognized that my mom was having a manic episode. She asked my mom for the number of a family member and called us. As it turned out, my mom had just driven her car until it ran out of gas — with no real direction or plan — and wound up in the middle of nowhere two hours away. We were unbelievably grateful to that sweet lady who stopped that day and was willing to sit with my mom until my dad could get there to pick her up.

Unbeknownst to us, my mom hadn’t been sleeping for days and the brain simply cannot function properly without sleep.

It’s very possible that Michelle’s actions weren’t planned or deliberate. The dazed and confused look on her face worries me, and my heart breaks for her family. I hope she’s okay.

My mom has bipolar disorder. The day before Thanksgiving one year, she left to go to the grocery store and never came back. No one in my family realized that she was on the verge of a manic episode at the time. So, we were stunned when we got a phone call from an angel of a woman who had stopped to ask my mom if she needed help when she came upon her car parked alongside a country road. By only what I consider to be divine intervention, the woman just so happened to be a psychiatric nurse and recognized that my mom was having a manic episode. She asked my mom for the number of a family member and called us. As it turned out, my mom had just driven her car until it ran out of gas — with no real direction or plan — and wound up in the middle of nowhere two hours away. We were unbelievably grateful to that sweet lady who stopped that day and was willing to sit with my mom until my dad could get there to pick her up.

Unbeknownst to us, my mom hadn’t been sleeping for days and the brain simply cannot function properly without sleep.

It’s very possible that Michelle’s actions weren’t planned or deliberate. The dazed and confused look on her face worries me, and my heart breaks for her family. I hope she’s okay.

I’m so sorry about your Mom’s illness and the worry it caused. What a blessing for that particular woman to stop, understand the situation and act compassionately.

With what Michelle’s husband has revealed and especially knowing that she had stopped her meds, I have no doubt that her actions weren’t planned or deliberate. I too hope she’s OK and my heart goes out to her loved ones. Mental illness is so hard on everyone it touches, as you know from experience.

IMO the likely reason the car being towed to Lexus was:

• A very anxious and worried hubby doesn't think to grab an extra set of keys (totally understandable) for the Lexus before he hops in his vehicle and hauls butt to NOLA to look for his wife and the Lexus. And it's not like he was gonna drive back to Texas just the get the extra key after he found the car.
  • There's like a 90% chance of that Lexus being stolen in that part of New Orleans if it just sat there, it's smart to move the car to somewhere safe.
  • The best local place he could have moved it was to a Lexus dealer since he didn't bring an extra key.
  • If he hadn't of moved it, the city almost certainly would have towed it away eventually.

What are the objects on the right side of the photo?

OCT 2, 2022
foxsanantonio.com

Missing Texas teacher spotted walking down the street in New Orleans

SAN ANTONIO – The Texas teacher who has been missing since September 22 was spotted walking down the street in New Orleans.
foxsanantonio.com
foxsanantonio.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa