Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom, NC. part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
concernedperson said:
I would be totally suprised if anyone other than Jason was on the horizen right now. An aberrant teen is a possibilty but unlikely IMO.
I agree.

raisincharlie said:
No one that we have heard of, could be someone else, maybe not. All we do know is the search warrants seem to indicate JY has not been cleared as yet. MM's computer hard drive has been taken but no mention of anything else taken under warrant for her and she was not listed in any warrant as being uncooperative. So, don't know if there is or isn't anyone else on the radar screen. Bad deal when we have zero answers huh ? Oh well...waiting. :waitasec:
Guess we'll just have to wait for the next installment of the story from LE ~ :(

panthera said:
Guess we'll just have to wait for the next installment of the story from LE ~ :(
I'm not sure it is LE that is pulling the strings on what is released and what is not. One thing I have learned, and must admit never believed was true, is that the press actually has a sense of morality. Again I go back to the Dyleski case - all we had were press reports - they were bad but I tell you what, when I listened to Jewett's closing it dawned on me exactly how much information the press had but never released.

By now I believe there are many more warrants that have been returned - either the press is not going to the courthouse to get them or they have them and are being quiet. I believe the area media outlets have learned to be very cautious in the past year. I'm willing to wager the media knows a whole lot more than we do. :)

raisincharlie said:
I'm not sure it is LE that is pulling the strings on what is released and what is not. One thing I have learned, and must admit never believed was true, is that the press actually has a sense of morality. Again I go back to the Dyleski case - all we had were press reports - they were bad but I tell you what, when I listened to Jewett's closing it dawned on me exactly how much information the press had but never released.

By now I believe there are many more warrants that have been returned - either the press is not going to the courthouse to get them or they have them and are being quiet. I believe the area media outlets have learned to be very cautious in the past year. I'm willing to wager the media knows a whole lot more than we do. :)
I could agree with you on that, since we do have a sense of morality in this state and also our LE agencies aren't as inept as some might think. I do know the state crime lab is backlogged. And after the Duke fiasco (just as an example, not to start a discussion!) the local media is being more cautious, in my opinion.

eta - forgot to say "good-night" raisincharlie! I'll check in tomorrow!

Melinda Tidwell said:
I have been watching and reading this from the start. You all are so good but I too am starting to wonder if they will allow JY to remain free for XMas. I hope not. Sure wish they would arrest him. Just like Scott Peterson from day one I have believed JY is the killer. :banghead:
MT
Hey! Welcome Melinda! Yep, I have to agree with you. JY is responsible. Wish this case would break by Christmas. :twocents:

If Jason Young had not been away on business trip, made at least one plea for assistance in finding his wife & unborn son's killer, hadn't been screwing around on his wife, hadn't lawyered up immediately, and hadn't asked poor Meredith to go over to his house for supposed fax/email, then I would want to hear much more on the young neighbor. But the way this has played out thus far, well, I think JY is the killer. I honest to God do not want him to be, but sadly I believe he is it. Surely to goodness, the lab will "clear out" & catch up with things before the new year. I hope so. Just my humble opinions... ;)

panthera said:
I could agree with you on that, since we do have a sense of morality in this state and also our LE agencies aren't as inept as some might think. I do know the state crime lab is backlogged. And after the Duke fiasco (just as an example, not to start a discussion!) the local media is being more cautious, in my opinion.

eta - forgot to say "good-night" raisincharlie! I'll check in tomorrow!
G night Panthera - rest well so you can get back here and keep me in line. :)

raisincharlie said:
MT,

Hope you are better now. After it was found out about MM, there hasn't been much else said although the local media did release some of the search warrants that have been returned. Briefly the returned warrants identify papers and some items LE removed from the home, information requesting forensic analysis of Jy's computer and MM's computer, information about JY's cell phone and another phone found in the SUV. You can find this information in the search warrant thread. Other than that, this case has been incredibly quiet. No new news for a while.

As for MM not saying anything - heck no one in this case is saying anything at all really. There have been zero 15 minute famers to date. Very odd but that is how it is going. So in two weeks you really have not missed anything. Do hope you are better.
Thanks , I am feeling better, finally. Maybe they are waiting until Xmas eve to arrest him. Merry Christmas Jason darling!!!!!!:laugh:

:laugh: Welcome Melinda :)
Melinda Tidwell said:
Merry Christmas Jason darling!!!!!!:laugh:
Now I have to go make another cup of coffee, and wipe my screen and keyboard!...

ETD: I was naughty :(

Does anyone know under what circumstances search
warrants and their results can be sealed? TIA

Bee Charmer said:
Does anyone know under what circumstances search
warrants and their results can be sealed? TIA
Good Morning Bee Charmer,

I think the reasons may vary from state to state but the outcome is the same for example there are certain advantages to the State:

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter2/s211.html

(1) A copy of the sealed affidavit(s) shall be given to the defendant at or before the preliminary hearing unless otherwise ordered as provided in paragraph (H)(2).

(2) Upon motion of the attorney for the Commonwealth, the justice or judge who issued the warrant, for good cause shown, may delay giving the defendant a copy of the sealed affidavit(s) for periods of not more than 30 days. In no case shall the delay extend beyond the date of the court arraignment.

(3) If the justice or judge is unavailable, another justice or judge shall be assigned to decide the motion.

(I) If the motion requesting any extension pursuant to paragraphs (F) or (H) is granted, the motion and any record of the hearing on the motion shall be sealed and transmitted with the extension order to the clerk of courts. (J) When the order sealing the affidavit(s) and any extensions thereof expires, the clerk of courts shall make the affidavit(s) available for public inspection.

This rule establishes procedures for temporarily sealing the affidavit(s) supporting a search warrant. Ordinarily these procedures would be limited to cases in which an ongoing investigation using, for example, electronic surveillance (18 Pa.C.S. § 5701 et seq.) or an undercover agent, would be jeopardized by revealing the information necessary to support probable cause to obtain a search warrant. Therefore, when determining whether good cause exists to seal the affidavit(s), the justice or judge should consider, for example, whether revealing the information in the affidavit(s) would defeat an ongoing investigation or endanger an undercover agent or informant.

Thank you. This is the particular information I was
hoping could be confirmed:

Therefore, when determining whether good cause exists to seal the affidavit(s), the justice or judge should consider, for example, whether revealing the information in the affidavit(s) would defeat an ongoing investigation or endanger an undercover agent or informant.

So I take that last paragraph to say warrants can be sealed before there is an actual defendant in the case?

scandi said:
So I take that last paragraph to say warrants can be sealed before there is an actual defendant in the case?
I think that is a reasonable assumption Scandi. Please note that code referenced is PA - NC may have totally different specifics - PA was all I could find for demonstration purposes. What kind of fascinated me about this is if a warrant is sealed, it doesn't have to be given to a defense attorney until right before or at the prelim itself.

I noticed on several of the warrants we have seen in this case - there is mention that a copy was forwarded to R. Smith. Seems to me a clear signal JY's movements and communications are being investigated thoroughly. I can see these warrants being open so JY gets to sweat a bit. Interesting that the ones we have seen were also sent to the lawyer. We might not see too many more as they may be sealed at this point or they are simply not returned. Sure would like to see more - I like the probable cause sections, I really wonder about probable cause on that SUV and all of its contents...

Me too Charlie! Like who owned that fancy cellie. Stepdad or Jason? ? ? :D

scandi said:
Me too Charlie! Like who owned that fancy cellie. Stepdad or Jason? ? ? :D
I'm wondering about that purtty cell as well. For some reason I have it in my head, and I don't know where this came from as I can find no articles stating such, that JY's brother in law was driving the SUV on the return to Raleigh. Not sure why it matters to me but...

scandi said:
I think Panthera might still be drooling over Miss USA! :D

ETA: Sorry Panthera, I don't know how, but I got your name and Paladin's turned around! :slap: I'll give myself a little spanking. ;)
You're forgiven! (I don't even pay attention to who Miss USA is!! :D )

Melinda Tidwell said:
Maybe they are waiting until Xmas eve to arrest him. Merry Christmas Jason darling!!!!!!:laugh:
OMG ~ you do have a sense of humor!
:D :D

That tickled my funny bone too, thinking he might be arrested before Christmas. LOLOLOL But I bet the RPD have now changed their diet of donuts for Christmas cookies and are down to bare bones till after the new year.

I know one thing though. The prosecutor is a very passionate woman with a most admirable track record in criminal cases. I bet her brain is on this case continually in some respect, and when an arrest does take place she will be a champion for justice with regard to Michelle's vicious murder and her family, including little Cassidy. It will be a great prosecution to watch and study!

Scandi

raisincharlie said:
We might not see too many more as they may be sealed at this point or they are simply not returned. Sure would like to see more - I like the probable cause sections, I really wonder about probable cause on that SUV and all of its contents...
Wouldn't the probable cause on the SUV be similar to that of Scott Peterson's truck? In this case, perhaps an alibi can't be confirmed which definitely establishes that JY was not able to commit the murder? (Just thinking....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyquanstewart699