MI Michigan - Detroit, had medicine bottle with name and DOB

Nate_Bro

Reaction score
This John Doe was found in possession of a Medicine bottle with the details: "ROBERT SARNIA, w;m, 4-15-40 but no next of kin could be found for an identification."
Through familysearch I found some details on him and his brothers family/next of kin. Don't really know what to do with that information though.

1680317720681.png
1680317761852.png
1680317785283.png

I agree, but I just wonder why Namus list him as unidentified as opposed to unclaimed.

Maybe LE contacted the Sarnia family -- and Robert Sarnia dob 4/15/40 was fine & dandy?

Or at least in a known location.

Wonder what the medication was, who prescribed, location of the pharmacy....very interesting!

Interesting. No Robert Sarnia born 1940 in Find A Grave, seems that Gerald A. jr & sr are the only internments with that surname in all of Find A Grave.

There is one internment based on a location. I did not know that Sarnia, Ontario, Canada existed, but apparently the Humane Society there had a host cat until 2020:

Mac was the greeter cat of the Sarnia and District Humane Society for 7 years. He stationed himself at the front counter every day to greet everyone who came in. The brown tabby was also a therapy animal at local nursing homes and at Lambton College to help students cope with the stress of exams.

Niece Renee's obit does not mention Robert:

Hmm.

Last edited:
Yep this type of search result is often, well, yeah we know.

But anyway:

83 is spot on.

Not sure which side of the street is correct:

and seems to be a compilation & not a government record:

Anyone have a subscription to see more information?

Yep this type of search result is often, well, yeah we know.

But anyway:

83 is spot on.

Not sure which side of the street is correct:

and seems to be a compilation & not a government record:

Anyone have a subscription to see more information?

It sounds like a group home or a privately run retirement home. All the current residents have the same phone number and all are seniors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back