Middle Mountain Search

It is a really pretty drive. In the area that looks like the staging area in previous posts, this morning there was a nice horse trailer and three or four vehicles, maybe more searchers? Who knows. FWIW, just past there is a very steep drop-off with a metal culvert quite a ways down. Perfect spot if you ask me. Too steep to hike down too, but certainly easy enough to stop a truck next to it and toss something down. I would say this was on a turn on the north side of the road.

It was raining today and there were lots of muddy areas.

The area seems very popular during the summer. Did you make it all the way up the road? Lately I am wondering where one could have placed a body at the top in order for the remains to scatter down to that culvert.

Not sure I understand the question. Lots of places to toss something off the side of the road because of the steep drop-offs.

Looks like Wendy and her dogs from K-9 Forensics are back in Vallecito this weekend.

Thank you Ghostwheel for the link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/mark-redwine-facebook_n_3684566.html), glad the videos are on a MSM site now. I wish that 4-wheeler had been taken during the search. I find it hard to believe he didn't know the trail was there as he clearly pointed out. My hubby knows all the wheeler trails at home & at the lake. This trail was so close to his house whether he found it walking or using his wheeler.

So if someone traveled from Mark's house, it is about 45 minutes or 1 1/2 hours to and from. Wonder what time the sun came up that day?

The theory of Dylan going up there to get cell phone coverage is beyond ridiculous since there is coverage in the house & he could have used the landline. A reporter also had her cell ring in the yard and I believe one in the house as well on a different interview. GMAB

Thank you Ghostwheel for the link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/mark-redwine-facebook_n_3684566.html), glad the videos are on a MSM site now. I wish that 4-wheeler had been taken during the search. I find it hard to believe he didn't know the trail was there as he clearly pointed out. My hubby knows all the wheeler trails at home & at the lake. This trail was so close to his house whether he found it walking or using his wheeler.

So if someone traveled from Mark's house, it is about 45 minutes or 1 1/2 hours to and from. Wonder what time the sun came up that day?

The theory of Dylan going up there to get cell phone coverage is beyond ridiculous since there is coverage in the house & he could have used the landline. A reporter also had her cell ring in the yard and I believe one in the house as well on a different interview. GMAB

Sunrise was at 6:54 AM that day http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

I would imagine even later depending on the angle of the mountains. Clearly, MR was aware of the ATV trails in the area despite what the videos imply. I only wonder if he was stomping around at night in the dark or waited til the early morning.

sounds like you're local. if you don't mind a few questions.
Is this trail accessed xbridge E side of river? 45 minutes to where? Walking or ATV? How long to walk from MM road to MR house in daylight? Is it all driveable? Have you seen searches continuing this month?

Still thinking Mark might have had a work truck on that Sunday, that he returned on Monday morning. Why wouldn't he if just got in town from pipe work?

Is this trail accessed xbridge E side of river? 45 minutes to where? Walking or ATV? How long to walk from MM road to MR house in daylight? Is it all driveable? Have you seen searches continuing this month?

Still thinking Mark might have had a work truck on that Sunday, that he returned on Monday morning. Why wouldn't he if just got in town from pipe work?

Oh no, goodness I am not a local...I was just going by what Mark said, that he made it to his house in 45 min. The video's can be found that he shot in my previous link that Ghostwheel found that shows the terrain. He mentions a 4-wheeler could do it, not sure if a regular pickup could though & I don't remember him mentioning that and he may not for his own reasons as well. :angel:

Yes, a vehicle still & IMO very probably was used whether it was at the top of the mountain or otherwise.

I'm not a local, either, but if you are referring to the bridge down by Mark's house, you could go across that bridge and climb the mountain, but it is not accessible from that bridge by vehicle. There are maps over in the media and maps thread that show the route anyone would have to take by vehicle from Mark's house to the area where Dylan's remains were found (speculation being the culvert shown in a video by some news station-pictures also over there).

The terrain going directly from Mark's house to the MM area where Dylan's remains were found is fairly steep in areas, I calculated the average grade a while back (I want to say over 20%) and I remember it would be considered black diamond to double black diamond for a hiking trail (extremely severe). Not something someone would do to hack around, but for the challenge. It's not a fifteen minute walk.

I'm not sure if you can see it, but I have an album on my profile page with all the pictures I have about the case. These are referencing things that have been discussed in other posts here, mostly based on my speculation of where things were by studying Google maps and identifying items found in pictures. They might help you. (I even have one with Mark's house, the bridge, and my guess at where the remains were found, based on the picture of the culvert).

If you can't see them, let me know.

I'm not a local, either, but if you are referring to the bridge down by Mark's house, you could go across that bridge and climb the mountain, but it is not accessible from that bridge by vehicle. There are maps over in the media and maps thread that show the route anyone would have to take by vehicle from Mark's house to the area where Dylan's remains were found (speculation being the culvert shown in a video by some news station-pictures also over there).

The terrain going directly from Mark's house to the MM area where Dylan's remains were found is fairly steep in areas, I calculated the average grade a while back (I want to say over 20%) and I remember it would be considered black diamond to double black diamond for a hiking trail (extremely severe). Not something someone would do to hack around, but for the challenge. It's not a fifteen minute walk.

I'm not sure if you can see it, but I have an album on my profile page with all the pictures I have about the case. These are referencing things that have been discussed in other posts here, mostly based on my speculation of where things were by studying Google maps and identifying items found in pictures. They might help you. (I even have one with Mark's house, the bridge, and my guess at where the remains were found, based on the picture of the culvert).

If you can't see them, let me know.

Thanks, I'm from that area. Living abroad now. Exactly how I thought the grade was.Hoping it was mark's clues on TCR show and press release on 6/13 that sparked a hunting camera or something that lead to Dylan

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...e-out-for-signs-of-missing-boy-Dylan-Redwine-

Per the Pine River Times FB page today, dogs have returned to the area for another search before the snows settle in. A longer search was cancelled due to the early snow but all are hoping that recent storms might reveal evidence/remains. I fervently hope so.

Per the Pine River Times FB page today, dogs have returned to the area for another search before the snows settle in. A longer search was cancelled due to the early snow but all are hoping that recent storms might reveal evidence/remains. I fervently hope so.

Thanks for the update rebeccaeee!!

Oh yes, you all saw that ... a friend of mine in Bayfield just now told me about this, looking for more remains before they get snow that sticks around

hmm would they be needing something else that might clarify MOD? or...

Oh yes, you all saw that ... a friend of mine in Bayfield just now told me about this, looking for more remains before they get snow that sticks around

hmm would they be needing something else that might clarify MOD? or...

They're looking for what they can, I imagine, before another winter. Only one chance to issue an arrest warrant and prosecute. Gotta get it right. I would expect a skull would be darn helpful, particularly since that's the one bone that animals might not have devoured and since it might show trauma if that is, in fact, what happened. Young Dylan deserves justice. I hope this search brings evidence.

AR-131019478.jpg&ExactW=620

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald

About seven miles up Middle Mountain Road, La Plata County Sheriff Office investigators conducted a routine search Friday related to the death of Dylan Redwine. Investigators said the search was not related to any new leads.

"Investigators said Friday’s search was routine and not related to any new leads.

Upper Pine Fire Chief Bruce Evans told the Pine River Times that authorities wanted to search before winter set in.

Investigators also were hoping that recent storms might have uncovered evidence."

AR-131019478.jpg&ExactW=620

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald

About seven miles up Middle Mountain Road, La Plata County Sheriff Office investigators conducted a routine search Friday related to the death of Dylan Redwine. Investigators said the search was not related to any new leads.

"Investigators said Friday’s search was routine and not related to any new leads.

Upper Pine Fire Chief Bruce Evans told the Pine River Times that authorities wanted to search before winter set in.

Investigators also were hoping that recent storms might have uncovered evidence."

BBM

There was one thing that wasn't routine in this search. The sheriff investigator shooting himself in the leg with his own gun.

Gun accident wounds investigator

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20131018/NEWS01/131019478/Gun-accident-wounds-investigator--

To this day, detectives have not named a suspect. Yet, they still continue to investigate the case on a daily basis.

In fact, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department told me on Monday investigators were back out on Middle Mountain last week (the mountain where Dylan's remains were found) searching for any new clues. They figured new vegetation pushing through the area might reveal some more details.

The Sheriff's Department said seven or eight investigators had worked on the case that week, and on a day-to-day basis, there are about two or three investigators following up on the case.

Since it's an open investigation, the Sheriff's Department couldn't release too many details – especially about a suspect. Instead spokesman Dan Bender said the following:

http://www.9news.com/story/opinion/2014/06/23/dylan-redwine-anniversary/11266869/

I was just coming here to post what you posted SurfieTX.

Though it's a scary thought that there might not ever be enough evidence to push forward with an arrest and conviction, it gives me comfort to know that they're still being proactive and looking for more clues. They're not just sitting back idly waiting for someone to crack or for the clues to come to them.

I want to hear of an arrest, but in the meantime, the above makes me hopeful.

Justice for Dylan.

There is such a small window of good weather where it is safe to search the mountain. I am not surprised that searches heat up in the summer and I am heartened at LPCSO spokesman Bender's use of "when" they have enough evidence (as opposed to if). They seem determined. Finally.

I was looking at my maps and pictures the other day. I don't recall there ever being any official listing of areas searched. Does anyone here know if the mountain on the upside (North West) from where Dylan's remains were found were searched? So much of that terrain is similar. But I keep looking at an area that has some definite dirt roads (some, if not all, of which are four wheel drive accessible), not too far from a house with it's own pond. I can't see LE not asking to search that pond, so I have to think they also searched above that property (it's right above the command center location from when they searched MM). Does anyone here know, by any chance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back