Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with not having to venture out as I won't have to miss any of the ladies' free skate. I've watched since the competition began at 10:00, and the last group of skaters are going to rock the house.

bette are you hearing the thunder in your area??? My dog is under the bed (half of him.. as he is 100 pounds hahaha)

First it was very icy on the walks this morning (not far from the Toledo, Ohio border). We've been getting the thunder and snow and mix of rain for about 90 minutes and there is a lake between our back door and garage. Starting to be full on thunder and lightening and heavier rain now. Too bad hubby didn't take his hip waders, he may to have to float to the door. This is crazy!

Yep, nursebeeme, one of our dogs also booked it into her crate under a blanket and will not come out for all the bones in the cupboards. She is just a little gal, so she can hide better than your boy.

It's snowing so hard right now that I can barely see the house across the street. No thunder yet.

we just switched over to freezing rain here. nice :-( I am so sick of this carp.. I have purchased so much salt this winter and then all it does is snow another foot on top of it

we just switched over to freezing rain here. nice :-( I am so sick of this carp.. I have purchased so much salt this winter and then all it does is snow another foot on top of it

Same here. I can hear the pellets hitting windows. I hope local schools begin dismissing students early because the ride home is going to be messy.

LE on the scanner is reporting stronger visible rotation of tornado Knox county Indiana Leaving his location.

It's along river going towards hazel ton/ decker.

Oakland County

Special Weather Statement

Cautious Travel Is Advised For Rapid Reductions Of Visibility Due To Snow And Blowing Snow Weather...

Localized Snow Squalls Will Continue To Impact Southeast Michigan Late This Morning.

Widely Varying Snowfall Is Expected...With Accumulations Less Than An Inch.

Northwest Winds Around 20 Mph With Gusts To 35 Mph.

Air Temperatures Will Range Between 4 And 12 Degrees. Impacts...

Accumulating Snow And Blowing Snow Will Lead To Slippery Roads Particularly On Bridges...Exit Ramps...And Overpasses.

Visibilities Will Be Near Zero At Times Due To The Localized Snow Squalls And Blowing Snow. Rapid Fluctuations Of Visibility Will Occur.

Wind Chill Advisory

Wind Chill Advisory In Effect Until 11 A.M. EST Friday The National Weather Service In Detroit/Pontiac Has Issued A Wind Chill Advisory...Which Is In Effect Until 11 A.M. EST Friday. Hazardous Weather...

Wind Chills Will Fall To 15 To 20 Degrees Below Zero This Morning.

Northwest Winds Gusting 35 To 40 Mph Will Maintain Wind Chills Of Around 15 Degrees Below Zero Throughout Today.

Wind Chills Of 15 To 20 Degrees Below Zero Will Continue Through Early Friday. Impacts...

Frostbite Can Occur In 30 Minutes Or Less.

Hypothermia May Occur If Outdoors For An Extended Period Of Time. Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...

A Wind Chill Advisory Means That Very Cold Air And Strong Winds Will Combine To Generate Low Wind Chills. This Will Result In Frost Bite And Lead To Hypothermia If Precautions Are Not Taken. If You Must Venture Outdoors...Make Sure You Wear A Hat And Gloves.

http://detroit.justweather.com/severe/

Oakland County

Special Weather Statement

Cautious Travel Is Advised For Snow-Covered Roadways This Morning Weather...

Light Snow Will Continue Across Southeastern Michigan Late This Morning.

Snow Accumulations Of Up To A Half An Inch Are Expected Between 9 A.M. And 1030 Am.

Southwest Winds Around 5 Mph.

Air Temperatures Will Range Between 19 And 25 Degrees. Impacts...

Accumulating Snow May Lead To Slippery Roads Particularly On Bridges...Exit Ramps...And Overpasses.

Light Snow Is Not Expected To Cause A Widespread Reduction In Visibility.

It's been snowing here all day, but it doesn't look like more than 3 or 4 inches. Hard to tell from in the house, where I have been all day. In my pajamas.

Last night it was 20 degrees, and I couldn't believe how WARM that felt. Everything is relative, I guess. After several days of below zero temps, 20 is almost balmy.

It's been snowing here all day, but it doesn't look like more than 3 or 4 inches. Hard to tell from in the house, where I have been all day. In my pajamas.

Last night it was 20 degrees, and I couldn't believe how WARM that felt. Everything is relative, I guess. After several days of below zero temps, 20 is almost balmy.

Just a dusting of snow here, so far. We were saying the same thing earlier today .... how "warm" it felt to be almost 30 degrees after all that frigid blowing air. Stay warm and cozy!

-----------
Hi Flutterby, LOL. I know!! I went out Wednesday thought oh it feels warmer! I checked the weather, it was 19 degrees! I swear this is beginning to scare me.:scared: I cant imagine summer being warm. we also have snow on top of snow. We are to have 5 in the morning and some wind. I wonder if the kids will have school. :seeya:

March came in like a lion :scared: Looks like we got the predicted 3-4" in metro Detroit. I am so sick of this winter. Enough already! :tantrum:

Even though I've talked about it in the past, this is the first year I've pulled up real-estate listings from the Carolinas and Florida. I can't take another winter like this.

Oakland County

Winter Storm Watch

Winter Storm Watch In Effect From Late Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Afternoon
The National Weather Service In Detroit/Pontiac Has Issued A Winter Storm Watch...Which Is In Effect From Late Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Afternoon. Hazardous Weather...

Rain Will Transition To All Snow Tuesday Night. The Snow Will Continue Into Early Wednesday Afternoon And May Be Heavy At Times Wednesday Morning...Possibly Accumulating At Rates Of An Inch Per Hour. Total Snowfall Of Around 6 Inches Is Possible. The Highest Accumulations Are Expected South Of A Detroit To Ann Arbor Line.

Winds Will Turn To The North Tuesday Night And Increase During The Day Wednesday. Northerly Wind Gusts Over 30 Mph Are Possible Wednesday...Which Could Cause Some Blowing And Drifting Of The Snow.

Temperatures Will Fall Through The 20S On Wednesday...While Wind Chill Readings Drop Into The Single Digits. Impacts...

Roads May Become Snow Covered And Very Slippery.

Visibilities Will Become Poor Due To Both Falling And Blowing Snow. Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...

A Winter Storm Watch Means There Is A Potential For Significant Snow That May Impact Travel. Continue To Monitor The Latest Forecasts.

Prepare...Plan...And Stay Informed. Visit Http://Go.Usa.Gov/Rr8

March 11, 2014 at 8:23 am

Say it ain't snow: Metro Detroit could get up to 7 inches

Tom Greenwood/The Detroit News

Mother Nature, how many different ways must we say it?

No mas. Il n'y a plus. Nicht mehr. Nie wiecej. Inget mer. Non più. No more!

But it’s not to be: According to the National Weather Service, up to 7 inches of snow is expected to descend on the metro area starting Tuesday night.

“It will start out as rain late in the afternoon, around 5 or 6 p.m.,” said meteorologist Rachel Kulik, working out of the White Lake Township station. “It will transition over into snow after sunset, say about 8 p.m. We’re expecting up to 7 inches in the metro area, including down toward the Ohio border. Areas north of M-59 will see 3 to 4 inches.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140311/METRO08/303110052#ixzz2vetsbpZT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle