Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Midwest, but the cyclone is pushing ice from Lake Ontario on to roads near Niagara Falls and points eastward.
I saw a video of it on Facebook. I wish I could link it here. It's nuts! I've also seen similar video along the Mississippi, where the current is pushing ice chunks up out the sides of the river, but it's not going onto the roads as far as I can see.

'Ice tsunami' forms in Ontario near Lake Erie

High winds over the weekend deposited huge chunks of ice along the Niagara River in Ontario near Lake Erie, creating an icy barricade known as an "ice tsunami."

The Niagara Parks Roads Department closed Niagara River Parkway near Mathers Arch in Fort Erie after strong winds blew ice over a retaining wall from the lake, park police said on Twitter on Sunday...

High winds howled into the wee hours, but we didn't experience any property damage and didn't have power outage. Picked up less than an inch of new snow that is glistening in the bright sunshine. Chilly temps, wintry mix, snow in the weekend forecast. Looks like March will come in like a lion...

Last edited:
Metro Detroit weather: Weekend wind concerns increasing

A developing storm system will once again raise wind concerns as we head into the second half of the weekend.

Sound familiar? It should, because we just went through that two Sundays ago. It won’t be that bad this time but, if today’s projections pan out, then a Wind Advisory may need to be issued. We’ll dive deeper into this in a moment…let’s first take care the forecast leading up to that...

Only people who live in Michigan think that "Low 60's, with rain and wind" is "Shorts Weather"!

I am in Michigan too. This is so funny! I was in Arizona at the beginning of December and it was low 60s and I saw people with winter coats and scarves on!

After such a brutal winter, I have been opening my windows these last few warmer days.

Spring sting: Snow headed to Metro Detroit; U.P. may see 10 inches

Spring weather will pause starting Wednesday as snow pushes toward Michigan, where some parts of the state are expected to see up to 10 inches, meteorologists said.

Light snowfall will arrive Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Accumulations of 1-2 inches could be possible, mainly across Metro Detroit and the Thumb, said Trent Frey, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in White Lake Township...

DH and I are going to Chicago on Wednesday for two nights. While I look forward to the trip, I'm not a good car traveler - certainly not in rain or snow. It will be chilly in the windy city, too :(

Michigan weather: Wet snow in Metro Detroit, up to 8 inches Up North

Safe travels, BDE. We had rain, no snow and have a flood watch now.

Kansas..We’ve been in shorts all week. A high of 87 yesterday. Today in some areas we are seeing snow. Temps dropping back to below freezing. School just sent out a alert asking parents to send Coats. Lol

Kansas..We’ve been in shorts all week. A high of 87 yesterday. Today in some areas we are seeing snow. Temps dropping back to below freezing. School just sent out a alert asking parents to send Coats. Lol
Yes we probably had 3 seasons in Kansas yesterday. Winter, Spring and Summer! Oh and I forgot the season of Windy!

I had on capri's, short sleeve shirt and sandals. It was in the mid 80's here in NE Kansas. Today 25 degrees cooler in the 50's.

Safe travels, BDE. We had rain, no snow and have a flood watch now.

Thanks :) We got about half inch of overnight snow - enough to cover grassy areas, shrubs, roofs, and compost bags that weren't picked up yesterday. Everyone was doing yard cleanup over the weekend, and compost collection must have been overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member