Miley Cyrus - what the heck happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally watched this,I had seen the pictures and never really wanted to see the video but gave in.

What has happened to her? It's like she's telling the whole world F U I'm a grown up now.

Her parents must be so proud :sigh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

The rest of the world has the US to thank for -

Hooters
Playboy
Girls Gone Wild
Bang Bus
Courtney Stodden
The War on Terror
The death penalty
A gun for everyone

and on, and on...

I hardly think Miley is going to ruin your international reputation or your (less than) sterling record in Human Rights.

Instead of worrying about sex, who's having it, who wants to have it, who promotes it....why not worry about some real problems such as

War on Drugs
Healthcare for the poor
poverty
education
gang violence
gun proliferation

But that's a bit hard, isn't it? Much rather sit up on the Moral High Ground and critique a sexy VMA performance by a young performer on a tv show you can turn off anyway.

That's VMA, not the Oscars or the Grammys. :banghead:

I'm a little confused how a thread about Miley Cyrus turned into a negative commentary about the U.S. :confused:

Well turns out Robin Thicke got snapped at the after party with his hand up a girls skirt .. I guess we all saw something like that coming, but no so soon.

Am I looking at the wrong picture of this action? The picture that I am looking at shows a left hand on the buttocks of a blonde in a black dress, standing in the background of the blonde that he is standing with. Does Robin have two left hands? And no it's not the same woman in the mirror. But that's just my opine.

idk maybe I need glasses.

Am I looking at the wrong picture of this action? The picture that I am looking at shows a left hand on the buttocks of a blonde in a black dress, standing in the background of the blonde that he is standing with. Does Robin have two left hands? And no it's not the same woman in the mirror. But that's just my opine.

idk maybe I need glasses.

The back of the elevator is mirrored. If you look closely you can see her purse reflected as well. We are seeing the front of the two people and also the reflection of their backs. That's what I see anyway. ????

IMO Men are *advertiser censored* by nature.I don't think there's anything wrong if a woman enjoys being a *advertiser censored*,nothing at all negative or wrong about it.But I do believe it's true that woman naturally are less likely to truly enjoy "sluttyness" the way men do.I never understand the double standards.Why do both men and women find it negative if a woman truly likes to sleep around? More power to them IMO !! But there are so many pretending to enjoy sexuality when really it is just for show and there are serious underlying issues and sadly I think Miley belongs in that category.

The back of the elevator is mirrored. If you look closely you can see her purse reflected as well. We are seeing the front of the two people and also the reflection of their backs. That's what I see anyway. ????

So he does have two left hands. jmo

Listen Up Everyone!

Here's the deal - You must follow TOS - You may NOT attack another poster! You may NOT respond to an attack - you MUST hit the alert button.

Please remember that you all should be adults and act accordingly. Just because you don't like someone's opinion, doesn't mean you should revert to your high school days.

Ignore is your friend!

:tyou:

IMO Men are *advertiser censored* by nature.I don't think there's anything wrong if a woman enjoys being a *advertiser censored*,nothing at all negative or wrong about it.But I do believe it's true that woman naturally are less likely to truly enjoy "sluttyness" the way men do.I never understand the double standards.Why do both men and women find it negative if a woman truly likes to sleep around? More power to them IMO !! But there are so many pretending to enjoy sexuality when really it is just for show and there are serious underlying issues and sadly I think Miley belongs in that category.

IMO there is a huge difference between enjoying sex & having multiple partners with advertising it to the world and behaving like a guttersnipe

I don't watch MTV, not even for the VMAs (and yes, I have children the age that MTV markets to, which is 8-16.)

While I don't think Miley did this performance at the right place, how could she expect an audience of One Direction fans to be the *right place, she has made a huge splash. She even broke records.

Tweets per minute--record breaker
2 top 10 singles on iTunes--record breaker

I think the discussion about her parents is obviously null. There obviously has been conversation with the family about her breaking free from her Disney ideals. Her father congratulated her performance, her mother stood up and gave her a standing ovation when it was over.

I have discussed this with teens to coworkers, and the fury of which the adults speak about Miley is almost frightening. Yes, people can have their (rational) opinion, and no I am not saying people should be lax on her performance.

I think my boundary was hit when the *advertiser censored* shaming started.

She is twenty. Female. Famous. Wealthy, and, ironically, fully supported by her family.

Lastly, the industry was waiting for that Lady Gaga performance. Lady Gaga even had a few articles out about how MTV always asks her to top the her show from the year before, and how it's hard work but she is capable to do it. This was her first performance after her surgery, and her weird naked yoga video. People WERE excited to see Lady Gaga, but guess what? Miley took that away from her. She just snatched that right away from her.
[EDIT: and, NYSNC was there, too. Wow. Miley stole, and I mean robbed everyone, the show.]

So, you can think of this as Miley the could be on drugs and next stop is a *advertiser censored*, or Miley, breaking free of Disney misconceptions and stealing the freaking show aka marketing genius.

Minds are obviously made up, but I am going to pick the latter.

IMO - in 6 months, it will be Miley who? And the Biebs is not far behind her.

She's got millions, her health (except a super dirty tongue) and nothing but her future in front of her. Wish someone close to her would have said; take 2 years off, travel the world incognito and keep a low profile, or go back to school, and enjoy your new life now.

She had a good run as Hannah Montana, and, IMO, without Hannah there most likely would have never been a Miley on that VMA stage.

Acting the fool won't sustain a career - I think there is just too much competition out there in that category.

Have no idea where this young lady's career will go. All the best to her.

I was upset about the psychology of her, and how we have seen what can happen to young stars, and that this crap was forced into every home anyway.

I didn't even know MTV still existed, haven't had cable since MTV's beginning days. Didn't like media forcing it on me at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and it being worse then someone buying a pole for their bedroom.

I do think the bigger issue is that pop is no longer any form of art, at least for me. But then I was spoiled with some of the best performers, Michael Jackson excelled in all areas (regardless his personal issues he was a heck of a performer, writer, and choreographer).

I would like to see pop and not punk outrage return. Again, back to art, not outrageous. Elegance, grace and beauty included.

I still get The Sex Pistols with this, only now it is generally accepted.

My DD asked me about 15 years ago what love songs were like, what are pop songs about, what is music about. She hated the music and videos of her age. She was a young teen at 14 and wanted to hear music other than what was supplied for her age group at that time. (She had a BF for that age group, I had exposed her to all art including many kinds of music, but now she wanted copies of music and the history.) It has not improved.

I am reminded of Pu Yi, his only close ones, and the manipulation of him (and his loved ones via drugs for his close ones) throughout a lifetime so that another country can take control. The fall of a nation by insuring they are all too high on whatever it may be, ego, money, drugs, alcohol, via the young ones.

ETA: Of course her parents applaud her. She is their child. She is also their connection and $$$ bringer. When she realizes America did not choose to see her and be pervy, that her parents are the ones that chose, and her Disney Contract, she will lose it. I hope not, actually, it may be best she stays high and forgets about it. However, her current trend does not suggest that. Her current trend is blaming, but not getting to the root. MOO

I think I need a working definition of "*advertiser censored* shaming"

All's I can say is I won't be purchasing a Hannah Does Montana DVD for any of my beloved male friends or family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*advertiser censored*-shaming
Like I said before I look up to woman that have a healthy relationship with their sexuality probably because I never did.I think it's awesome how a lot of performers now portray exactly that.Lady Gaga always empowers ,not only woman but everyone,I've seen her twice,she's phenomenal live and always had me in tears and leaving her shows actually feeling good about myself.I don't think it's fair to say today's performers have less talent than those in the past,everyone that performed at the vma was talented,Bruno Mars IMO is as talented as Michael Jackson,for example.
That's why Miley stood out IMO because it was just sooo much worse than anyone else.But now I see maybe that was the plan all along because if it was it really worked as far as she's the one we''re all talking about.Maybe it is good to realize that "*advertiser censored* shaming" still exists and it is time to move forward and stop IMO.Maybe Miley opened the door for that discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*advertiser censored*-shaming
Like I said before I look up to woman that have a healthy relationship with their sexuality probably because I never did.I think it's awesome how a lot of performers now portray exactly that.Lady Gaga always empowers ,not only woman but everyone,I've seen her twice,she's phenomenal live and always had me in tears and leaving her shows actually feeling good about myself.I don't think it's fair to say today's performers have less talent than those in the past,everyone that performed at the vma was talented,Bruno Mars IMO is as talented as Michael Jackson,for example.
That's why Miley stood out IMO because it was just sooo much worse than anyone else.But now I see maybe that was the plan all along because if it was it really worked as far as she's the one we''re all talking about.Maybe it is good to realize that "*advertiser censored* shaming" still exists and it is time to move forward and stop IMO.Maybe Miley opened the door for that discussion.

I guess I don't understand *advertiser censored* shaming.

IMO it's not about having a healthy relationship with your own sexuality, it's not even about having lots of sex.

IMO it's about acting like trash ( think $5.00 hooker) in public. And for that, she and anyone who behaves that way should feel ashamed! It's no way to behave.

Wow. Just wow. I don't believe anyone here is worried about the "reputation" of the US. I promise you, Miley Cyrus does not represent me or anyone I know - and certainly not this country.

Sexy? Not by my standards. But, just like anything, that's subjective I suppose.

You've got me to wondering what the moral standards are in Australia.

Thank you. The thread topic is about an entertainer; not global warming, saving the whales, or ecosystems, etc, etc,

Ugh! :banghead:

Upon further review this thread has run it's course so it is now closed. Please alert if any new news warrants it to be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆