Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO DM may not have done the murdering but he sure as heck was involved in the whole crilme. He showed up at TB's house with bad intentions such as stealing Tim's truck. Clues are TB's phone shut off minutes from his home, chop shop at the hangar. Most times these types of criminals think they are smart but in reality are totally dumb, that's how they get caught. DM did not think he was going to be caught and that is why he parked the trailer in his mother's driveway, used his own property to dispose of TB. He may have hid the trailer inside the garage but maybe his mother was away and he didn't have a key to the house or the trailer was too big for the garage. I believe he signed over the properties to his mother because he's hoping he will get off of murder charges and wants to make sure he has money when set free after the trial. These cases eat up a lot of money and I won't be surprised if even he didn't sign the properties over, he ends up a financially broke man in the end. The hangar in my opinion has no value as it's in debt due to bank loans and never got off the ground. Yes JMO.

JS was a friend who went poof on Dee Em's fb about a week after his arrest. There are photos of her with DM on another of DM's fb friend's photos from 2009. They are in another country and obviously boyfriend and girlfriend. Ms Sherlock posted that JS is a friend whose name is on the ownership of the Oakville home ( sold via PropertyGuys with help from DM). Possibly they had joint ownership??

From Ms Sherlock's first ever amazing post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9455686#post9455686"]Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #6 **ARREST** - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have to wonder if DM was purchasing condos and properties for his gf's. Actually, I believe he did. Now what about Laura? Did she stay at one of these places and did he get her a place too? Did he sell any of his properties after she went missing?

JMHO, but I believe so. Perhaps she's the girl the farm Realtor in Waterloo met? Really not fair to sleuth her, but wondering if we can sleuth the property DM was involved with?

You found that DM closed a deal on a condo at 281 Woodbridge Vaughn, in October 2011. Is that 281 Woodbridge Avenue in Woodbridge Vaughn? There is a condo building located at that address. Purchased for a gf IMO.

Interesting that the 281 Woodbridge Ave. condo is one of the three properties that DM transferred over to his mom in the days after his arrest.

On May 15 — five days later — he appeared in court to be charged with Bosma’s murder.
Two days after that, while he was in solitary confinement, ownership of Millard’s condo was transferred to his mother’s name.
That same day, he transferred to her a condo at 281 Woodbridge Ave. that he’d bought in 2011 for $392,049, and a third property, the Maple Gate Court home where he grew up.
According to transfer documents, Burns took title and now has ownership of those three properties, which were placed in trust with Burns as the appointed trustee. It’s not known whether Millard maintained beneficial ownership, as trust documents are not public.

So who was living there? Did Laura ever go there?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/05/millard_land_deals_beyond_smelly_experts_say.html

You found that DM closed a deal on a condo at 281 Woodbridge Vaughn, in October 2011. Is that 281 Woodbridge Avenue in Woodbridge Vaughn? There is a condo building located at that address. Purchased for a gf IMO.
Unit 609 in that building-one of properties transferred to MB after DM arrest. The street name is Woodbridge, the town/City is Vaughn. It's in York region.

Interesting that the 281 Woodbridge Ave. condo is one of the three properties that DM transferred over to his mom in the days after his arrest.

So who was living there? Did Laura ever go there?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/05/millard_land_deals_beyond_smelly_experts_say.html
IMO, the property in Vaughn was for JS, but that's not to say LB was never there. It would appear that JS had moved out before it was listed in the spring of 2012. The Oakville property was originall listed in May 2011

Check youtube for the video (just as a side bar-it would appear the Agent here shares her youtube a/c with a gamer)

The Oakville property was vacant when it was listed in sold and it closed on May 15/12 which was before LB's disappearance. This is the private for sale with DM's phone number on it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...f+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

And then it's listed by a Realtor who happens to be the same one that sells DM the condo in the Distillery. Connection to LB? Looks more like it should be in the DM thread??

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...20+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

In answer to the smelly land deals-the CRA might be interested in deals like this one. Especially if all the money came from DM and all the profits were realized by DM. In Canada, there are no taxes paid on capital appreciation of our homes, so JS wouldn't have had to pay capital gains or income tax on the profit realized from buying a fixer upper, doing the renovations and selling it for a profit if she had lived there for at least a year. However, if DM had bought it, did the reno's and sold for a profit he would have triggered either type of taxes, plus applicable HST. Putting it in JS's name could be seen as a way to evade taxes. There's always a paper trail on things like this and it doesn't take the CRA long to follow it once they know its there.

If anything at all, it could provide us with a clue to DM's ability to manipulate the women in his life and perhaps LB was one of them? MOO

Ms Sherlock: Is it possible to see if DM purchased any properties outside of Canada? DM was managing a few gf's it seems by the summer of 2011-2012 so I feel it's possible he bought properties for them to stay at.

Also you say the condo in Vaughan was listed in the summer of 2012 but it was just transferred to his mother after his arrest for $1. Tried to sell but it didn't? That's the time he was "dating" Laura.

Ms Sherlock: Is it possible to see if DM purchased any properties outside of Canada? DM was managing a few gf's it seems by the summer of 2011-2012 so I feel it's possible he bought properties for them to stay at.

Also you say the condo in Vaughan was listed in the summer of 2012 but it was just transferred to his mother after his arrest for $1. Tried to sell but it didn't? That's the time he was "dating" Laura.
Matou..DM and all his property dealings are confusing!! I haven't heard any mention of DM owning properties outside of Ontario. JS purchased a property in Oakville in 2010. The only thing that ties DM to that property is that JS is a friend, and DM's personal contact info was given in a "private for sale" listing in the spring of 2012.

A search of that address produced 2 listings. The first listing was for the spring of 2011-and it didn't sell. (links have been posted in WS) In the spring of 2012 DM tried to sell it privately via property guys for 829K, it was listed with JS as the owner in April 2012, with indication that it was vacant-and it sold for 783K closing May 15/12. The Roseville Rd farm closed May 2, 2011. The Woodbridge condo closed November 10/11. The Woodbridge condo, the Distillery condo and the home in Etobicoke have been transferred to MB. We need a spreadsheet! lol

The Riverside investment property he inherited from CM & WM, and the Ayr farm are still in DM's name. Hope this helps!

Matou..DM and all his property dealings are confusing!! I haven't heard any mention of DM owning properties outside of Ontario. JS purchased a property in Oakville in 2010. The only thing that ties DM to that property is that JS is a friend, and DM's personal contact info was given in a "private for sale" listing in the spring of 2012.

A search of that address produced 2 listings. The first listing was for the spring of 2011-and it didn't sell. (links have been posted in WS) In the spring of 2012 DM tried to sell it privately via property guys for 829K, it was listed with JS as the owner in April 2012, with indication that it was vacant-and it sold for 783K closing May 15/12. The Roseville Rd farm closed May 2, 2011. The Woodbridge condo closed November 10/11. The Woodbridge condo, the Distillery condo and the home in Etobicoke have been transferred to MB. We need a spreadsheet! lol

The Riverside investment property he inherited from CM & WM, and the Ayr farm are still in DM's name. Hope this helps!

Very confusing indeed.

The property in Oakville was also listed in March 2010, so I assume that is when JS bought it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MIoPAZnCGGMJ:www.sothebysrealtyoakville.ca/Blog.php/archived/20100301+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

There is another hit that comes up in Google search for the same website, from April 5, 2010, but it no longer comes up in the cache. In the search, that hit says "I just sold this House at 2207 Elmhurst, Oakvile, ON".

Here is what I have from your posts and previous links

Oakville property:

- sold in April 2010 (to JS?)
- listed in May 2011 by Remax
- listed again in February 2012 on Property Guys
- listed by Remax and sold in April 2012

Condo in Vaughan:

- purchased in October 2011
- transferred to mother in May 2013

The condo in Vaughan was never listed in the spring/summer of 2012, only the Oakville property? Is that correct?

So maybe JS moved away sometime between May 2011 and February 2012, before the property could sell, and that's why DM's contact information was used.

Very confusing indeed.

The property in Oakville was also listed in March 2010, so I assume that is when JS bought it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...p/archived/20100301+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

There is another hit that comes up in Google search for the same website, from April 5, 2010, but it no longer comes up in the cache. In the search, that hit says "I just sold this House at 2207 Elmhurst, Oakvile, ON".

Here is what I have from your posts and previous links

Oakville property:

- sold in April 2010 (to JS?)
- listed in May 2011 by Remax
- listed again in February 2012 on Property Guys
- listed by Remax and sold in April 2012

Condo in Vaughan:

- purchased in October 2011
- transferred to mother in May 2013

The condo in Vaughan was never listed in the spring/summer of 2012, only the Oakville property? Is that correct?

So maybe JS moved away sometime between May 2011 and February 2012, before the property could sell, and that's why DM's contact information was used.
Correct. That's a possibility. It would be interesting to see a title search on the Oakville property to see if DM was secured on title. I can't imagine anyone putting a property in a girlfriends name without having something on title. The Oakville property was acquired in 2010 by JS and was extensively renovated. At that time it appeared that JS was working in Oakville and Vaughn. <modsnip>

Correct. That's a possibility. It would be interesting to see a title search on the Oakville property to see if DM was secured on title. I can't imagine anyone putting a property in a girlfriends name without having something on title. The Oakville property was acquired in 2010 by JS and was extensively renovated. At that time it appeared that JS was working in Oakville and Vaughn. <modsnip>

Could DM have been living in Oakville with JS? Is this why his Facebook page says he lives in Oakville (maybe he was living there when he created his account, and never updated the info).

IMHO, a few possibilities.
1)JS may have bought it either to live in herself or to flip it/investment etc- DM may have been just doing her a favour in trying to sell it.
2)DM may have moved in with her there, or stayed there on occasion.
3)DM may have purchased it to renovate and resell and simply put it in JS's name to save some taxes. Maybe no-one ever lived there.
4)DM may have bought it outright for JS and gave the title to her.

Now that I start thinking about it, the possibilities are endless!! IMHO

Other than knowing what DM may or may not have been up to in 2010, what is the purpose of knowing more about his interest in this property?

Other than knowing what DM may or may not have been up to in 2010, what is the purpose of knowing more about his interest in this property?

LOL, if I may just turn your sentence around for the answer ...

It is in knowing more about his interest in the property that may tell us what he may have been up to in 2010. Sometimes things that don't seem significant at the time can explain things later, or lead to another area of sleuthing.

If someone had a pimple on their butt in 2002, we just want to know. It's leaving no stone unturned in sleuthing or theorizing, speculating or just plain curiosity.

Okay ... so the pimple thing is an exaggeration, but you get it ;)

JMO

I just want to know if he purchased some other properties for other girls and if Laura was one of them.

I know JS's first name but not her last. Is there an "allowable" link that has her name on it??? I found information about the property in question that shows the previous owner's last name and it started with a "P"...

???

I just found out JS name. I'll end some of the speculation here, she held title alone. And that's all I will say as I don't encourage further sleuthing of this person (I know I know, not very fair).

I just want to know if he purchased some other properties for other girls and if Laura was one of them.

If we don't know names of any other girls then they can't be searched anyway.

If LB was desperately looking for a place to stay in the last months before her disappearance, I doubt she owned a home purchased by DM or anyone else. According to one if the early reports SL had put her up in a hotel (in Yorkville, no less) for awhile prior to the disappearance and another friend suggested she try a shelter just before she went missing.

If we don't know names of any other girls then they can't be searched anyway.

If LB was desperately looking for a place to stay in the last months before her disappearance, I doubt she owned a home purchased by DM or anyone else. According to one if the early reports SL had put her up in a hotel (in Yorkville, no less) for awhile prior to the disappearance and another friend suggested she try a shelter just before she went missing.

In Yorkville?? He left her at a hotel at Queens and Roncesvalles. I can't remember if Yorkville was where the friend lived that she was staying with prior to that, or if SL had just suggested that people look in that area, and can't find anything in MSM right now about the Yorkville connection.

The last time Mr. Lerner saw Ms. Babcock was when he took her out for dinner at the Eaton Centre food court on June 26. He had put her up in a hotel near Queen and Roncesvalles, chosen because it was pet-friendly, and they talked about her apartment search.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto-police-ask-for-help-with-babcocks-disappearance/article12332413/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu