Miss Universe 2015 Results Mishap...

Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez Speaks Out After Miss Universe Snafu: ''I Was Able to Bring Happiness to My Country''

Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez went through a roller coaster of emotions on live television, but the beauty pageant contestant had nothing but heartfelt words to share after going through such a disappointing experience.

The runner-up, who was initially named Miss Universe before being stripped of the crown minutes later after realizing that Miss Philippines was the actual winner, took to Instagram tonight to share a touching message about the entire snafu, and to thank fans for the support and love she's received throughout this time...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151223/b726155/?cid=hero_media

Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach Is All Smiles Amid Miss Universe Drama

Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach hasn't even had the crown for 24 hours, and yet, she's already dealing with all kinds of drama—but, as you can see, she's not letting it get to her.

The newly crowned Miss Universe endured what may be one of the most talked-about moments in TV history last night, when host Steve Harvey accidentally called Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez as the winner, only to apologize and correct himself when realizing she was the first runner-up...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151221/b725800/?cid=hero_media

Steve Harvey will be back: 'Family Feud' host signed multi-year contract with Miss Universe pageant: report

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...urn-universe-pageant-report-article-1.2474571

OMG Lol.

From the above link:

"Steve Harvey will get a second chance. Unfortunately Miss Colombia will not.

Harvey signed a contract days before Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, binding the comedian to hosting duties for at least three years,Entertainment Tonight reported, citing multiple sources.

Despite Harvey’s embarrassing gaffe crowning Miss Colombia by mistake, he will be the event’s highest paid host ever, according to ET."

Snip

Harvey's blunder did not offend Mark Shapiro, the owner of the Miss Universe Organization's parent company, WME IMG.

"I definitely want him back," Shapiro told the Jim Rome Show Tuesday. "I would hate to see him not come back. He's going to want a shot to redeem himself."
The contract could keep Harvey with Miss Universe until 2022, the source told the site."

OMG Lol.

From the above link:

"Steve Harvey will get a second chance. Unfortunately Miss Colombia will not.

Harvey signed a contract days before Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, binding the comedian to hosting duties for at least three years,Entertainment Tonight reported, citing multiple sources.

Despite Harvey’s embarrassing gaffe crowning Miss Colombia by mistake, he will be the event’s highest paid host ever, according to ET."

Snip

Harvey's blunder did not offend Mark Shapiro, the owner of the Miss Universe Organization's parent company, WME IMG.

"I definitely want him back," Shapiro told the Jim Rome Show Tuesday. "I would hate to see him not come back. He's going to want a shot to redeem himself."
The contract could keep Harvey with Miss Universe until 2022, the source told the site."

Yes, well, this is an easy way to keep the ratings up because year after year people will continue to watch this.

BTW ~ I still like Steve Harvey and this has not changed my opinion of him.

Meme%203_1450704126896_649497_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I just sent a text out to some people I knew were watching saying omg did you guys just see that. My phone is blowing up with text responses lol. I got one back from a doctor who says this, heehee, LMAO:

"Yes that guy is going to get a lawsuit. Throughout the show he was a misfit and I kept saying that. While Miss Phi was the legit winner, to put Columbia through this insult is pure Malpractice. She should be given restitution. The organization should act swiftly to compensate her. This is serious emotional damage for her and her country. If a doctor made such a grave mistake...PAY UP stupid Steve and Miss Universe Organization."

(modsnip)

I noticed he was acting a little funny as well in some of his remarks.

Prescient as ever, magz, please :takeabow: wear this :goldcrown: and stroll the thread. Thank you.

It did pack all the drama of good Sandra Bullock movie in just a few short minutes.

Still, there are bigger tragedies than 10 million people watching a pageant and a gazillion more who now find the, I guess, formatting malfunction fascinating, I do believe.

OMG, funniest mess Universe ever.

(I've got my :Crown: on, was thinking about this for the evening gown competition but not it sure it will look good with the lime:

attachment.php

(Image credit / http://www.costumecraze.com ))

Attachments

• 7127-large.jpg
    7127-large.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 97
rsbm

The newly crowned Miss Universe endured what may be one of the most talked-about moments in TV history last night, when host Steve Harvey accidentally called Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez as the winner, only to apologize and correct himself when realizing she was the first runner-up...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151221/b725800/?cid=hero_media

From above:

"The newly crowned Miss Universe endured what may be one of the most talked-about moments in TV history last night..."

Okay you guys are gonna kill me. I downloaded my own meme maker :biggrin: Here's my first meme ever :heart: Yay!

attachment.php

Attachments

• steveharvey.jpg
    steveharvey.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 200
I watched the whole entire show. Into an hour no one could vote because the computer crashed. So I don't know how the people voted for the swimsuit competition 1 1/2 hours later.

Then Perez Hilton made a comment about Trump "thankfully Trump no longer owns this pageant and audience went wild.

Then at the end the biggest screwup ever. Miss Colombia does not speak English so she did not know what was going on. They went over and took her crown off and the ribbon. IMO they should have broke into a commercial but I guess they had no more time banked because the screen went black.

I will never ever forget that night. I only put it on and taped it because of my 4yo granddaughter. But I really love SH he's as sweet as pie.

How hapless Steve Harvey became the Internet's freshest meme fodder after his colossal Miss Universe gaffe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-explosion-memes-skewering-hapless-host.html

From the above link:

attachment.php

Steve Harvey missed crucial Miss Universe rehearsal, blames flub on teleprompter

"But the comedian had also skipped out on a crucial part of the live broadcast rehearsals, a source told ET Online."

“Steve went to the beginning of rehearsals but missed the last hour, at least,” the source said. “He did not practice the ending.”

"The name of the winner was not displayed on the teleprompter, the source added."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-prompter-gave-wrong-winner-article-1.2472585

In addition to skipping "out on a crucial part of the live broadcast rehearsals", etc I think the key here is that he did not announce the First Runner Up, whatever the reason may be. Brainfart? The lapse in timing is interesting. But announcing the First Runner Up has always been the format for generations, so to skip from 2nd Runner Up to Miss Universe...jmo

Attachments

• 2F8E263800000578-0-image-a-75_1450731452665.jpg
    2F8E263800000578-0-image-a-75_1450731452665.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 155
Prescient as ever, magz, please :takeabow: wear this :goldcrown: and stroll the thread. Thank you.

It did pack all the drama of good Sandra Bullock movie in just a few short minutes.

Still, there are bigger tragedies than 10 million people watching a pageant and a gazillion more who now find the, I guess, formatting malfunction fascinating, I do believe.

OMG, funniest mess Universe ever.

Mess Universe. Giggle. And forever more by this name known shall it be! lmbo

"Lawsuit being filed against Miss Universe Pageant
kABC) – A Colombian law firm says two of their attorney’s are filing a lawsuit, saying “the crown is an acquired right that cannot be taken away from us.”

Snip

This morning hashtag, “The Crown Must Be Respected” is trending in Columbia. Along with memes of pageant conspiracy theories."

http://wgno.com/2015/12/22/lawsuit-filed-against-miss-universe-pageant/

'You need to learn how to read': Steve Harvey fights back tears admitting he blew Miss Universe hosting duties as Miss Colombia jokes that she won't sue him
Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez appeared on Steve Harvey's talk show Tuesday
Harvey fought back tears as he apologized for accidentally naming her the winner of Miss Universe
The beauty queen joked with him, saying; 'You need to learn to read cards because it was on the card.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lombia-jokes-won-t-sue-him.html#ixzz3xn1YNcIl

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back