Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzi:

I also read that and thought the same thing!!! It being around the holiday and x-mas parties going on, etc.

The ball also got dropped in Maria's case, maybe not for the exact same reason as not having a Judge around, etc. But in the timing of the information getting from one jurisdiction to another.

If Maria drove over to CL's house and was abducted, CL preplanned it in advance.

You might lose your temper and kill someone in an argument. But, you don't lose your temper and force someone to pack their bags and write notes ect.

If Christina wasn't in on it how would CL know he had enough time to wait for Maria to get to his house, get everything done at Maria's house, drive to the bus station, get a bus ticket and get home to kill Maria, put her body somewhere AND clean up BEFORE Christina came home??????????

How would CL know in advance his wife wouldn't get bored at the party and come home right away???

If Maria drove over to CL's house and was abducted, CL preplanned it in advance. Abducted?? If she is already at CL's house, no need for an abduction.

You might lose your temper and kill someone in an argument. But, you don't lose your temper and force someone to pack their bags and write notes ect. I agree. This would be the "after" the murder staging part.

If Christina wasn't in on it how would CL know he had enough time to wait for Maria to get to his house, get everything done at Maria's house, drive to the bus station, get a bus ticket and get home to kill Maria, put her body somewhere AND clean up BEFORE the party ended??????????

So far it appears that LE has confirmed with witnesses that Christine was at a party on the 14th. What party, and for what times have not been disclosed yet.

It has been reported that Maria was seen buying a bus ticket around 5:00 p.m. on the 14th.

So where was Christine? At a x-mas party at this time, or at home getting ready for the x-mas party?? If she thought her husband was going to be there, does that mean he should have already been there or did he tell her, that he would be there later as he had some things to do?

Another question, who was babysitting the daughter? Has this person been interviewed yet? Now that would give us a definate time frame.

I don't think they dress up in their holiday finest to go to a Xmas party on base...but I could be wrong. I would think they go in what they were wearing that day to work a half day.

The roommate stated that Maria was having a difficult pregnancy and she was bedridden a lot. She would not have been expected to go "party", imo. Nor would she "pack a few things and a toothbrush" to take off. She would pack up everything she could instead. Not logical behavior especially for a pregnant woman. You begin to think ahead at that point...as in nesting etc. You don't leave things behind if you are planning a move.

On the search warrant of their house...the probable cause crime was listed as Kidnapping.

Thanks SS.

I'm not as good as you yet. :):)

However, I would think that if they are at work, then they are wearing their uniforms. I remember the old movies that they wore their uniforms at parties. But do they now?? USCMOM would know. ( I know those initials are wrong!!)

I have not once thought that Maria was going to attend any x-mas party that day. If I was going to leave, I would only pack what is essentially needed at that time. Maria didn't need much as I am sure there were no baby things as it appears that she didn't make the decision to keep the baby until right before her disappearance/murder.

LD? Did I miss something?

If she was going away to have her baby that would mean she needed more than a month's worth of clothing and things. If she were planning a weekend jaunt...where on earth would an 8 mo pregnant woman go?! Her mom was coming soon. When you are having a difficult pregnancy, the last thing you want to do is travel very far, imo. So where would she be going?

Thanks SS.

I'm not as good as you yet. :):)

However, I would think that if they are at work, then they are wearing their uniforms. I remember the old movies that they wore their uniforms at parties. But do they now?? USCMOM would know. ( I know those initials are wrong!!)

I have not once thought that Maria was going to attend any x-mas party that day. If I was going to leave, I would only pack what is essentially needed at that time. Maria didn't need much as I am sure there were no baby things as it appears that she didn't make the decision to keep the baby until right before her disappearance/murder.

especially if Cesar had told her they'd run off & start a new life together....it's possible he told her to grab the essentials only....she purchased the bus ticket thinking Cesar already had his, or thinking he'd meet up with her in El Paso.... i think she was going to keep the baby all along...her mother upset her that day, trying to talk her into the adoption thing...

I keep going back to comments and remarks that come from Maria's family and friends. "she was expecting a baby boy she named Gabriel." FWIW, it seems to me that she never intended to give the baby up for adoption. I am wracking my brain trying to remember where and how the adoption angle came to play. The only thing I remember is Maria's mother supposedly told her she should give the baby up because she couldn't take care of it.

In reviewing videos last night, I found one of Maria's mom talking to a local Ohio reporter. In it she says, IIRC, "We "think" Maria has bi-polar." So Maria's mom blaming LE for releasing that info is incorrect. Also, they "thought" Maria was bi-polar? That indicates to me there was never an official diagnosis. I do have to say that Maria's mom overall, does seem to genuinly care about Maria. But what a dumb lapse of judgment she had.

I keep going back to comments and remarks that come from Maria's family and friends. "she was expecting a baby boy she named Gabriel." FWIW, it seems to me that she never intended to give the baby up for adoption. I am wracking my brain trying to remember where and how the adoption angle came to play. The only thing I remember is Maria's mother supposedly told her she should give the baby up because she couldn't take care of it.
In reviewing videos last night, I found one of Maria's mom talking to a local Ohio reporter. In it she says, IIRC, "We "think" Maria has bi-polar." So Maria's mom blaming LE for releasing that info is incorrect. Also, they "thought" Maria was bi-polar? That indicates to me there was never an official diagnosis. I do have to say that Maria's mom overall, does seem to genuinly care about Maria. But what a dumb lapse of judgment she had.

that's all i've heard....Maria's mother talked to her on December 14th...her mother had a stern conversation with her & advised her to give the baby up for adoption....

eta....Maria's mother had some reason to say those things...it's possible that Maria DID have a history of lying, & her mother truly thought this might help the investigation....if her mother thought this, there's some reason for it...some kind of history of lying in the past....& IMO, it would have to be some pretty serious stuff for her mother to say this to LE.....
i'm sure her mother is very sorry she said these things now..ugh

I just don't see it. I don't see her thinking he would leave his wife and meet her anywhere! It does not make sense!! She was afraid of this man and obviously had good reason to be!! He is NOT going to be able to convince her that he has changed overnight and is going to now come to her aid. Not going to happen, imo.

SS:

I didn't mean to confuse you. I am known for doing that. :(:(

I am being swayed by some facts and personal feelings.

I believe that Maria could have decided to leave...........therefore the bus ticket. (Based on the possibility that Maria made the decision to keep the baby).

If you are pregnant and all alone, and have decided to keep your baby, you really don't need much but some small essentials and determination.
(Been there, done that).

Cetainly El Paso, Texas would not be what I would have done (so far away from the place that I am at).

We know that CL killed Maria and the baby...........what we don't know is why and how Maria was even close enough to CL for this to happen.

Now, I am definately going to take off an antler.............and shut up until I don't confuse anyone. :)

I don't know of a teenager that hasn't lied to their parents. Maria could be quite an honest person, but wanted to do things her parents disapproved of! She was obviously raised in a strict setting. Of course, they were going to clash from time to time. You could say this of many teenagers! They DO act bipolar sometimes and they do lie if they are held too tightly during their high school years.

Maria's mother would have to feel horrible. She was so freely though with the bi-polar comment, it makes me wonder if she hadn't been doing the same thing for years. My stepdaughter was a high maintenance pain in the butt. I felt she just needed someone to make her tow the line. But her mother just knew her daughter was bi-polar and took her to one doctor to the other until one gave her the bi-polar diagnosis and put her on pills. Well that made her worse. On the pills off the pills and self-medicating all the while. Well it turns out my step-daughter has never been bi-polar. She just needed to grow up.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate it when people give children labels.

ETA: I just love being around that girl. She turned out to be a good person. I knew it was in her somewhere! Have I mentioned how cute her baby is?

if Cesar was a smooth enough talker, he'd be able to talk her into just about anything, imo, if she was in love with him....for a 21 yr old pregnant girl, the visions of a home, hubby, backyard, the whole white picket fence crap would sound good, especially when your own mother is trying to talk you into having your baby adopted.....it's happened over & over & over in history, where a woman thinks a man will leave his wife for her......

Maria's mother would have to feel horrible. She was so freely though with the bi-polar comment, it makes me wonder if she hadn't been doing the same thing for years. My stepdaughter was a high maintenance pain in the butt. I felt she just needed someone to make her tow the line. But her mother just knew her daughter was bi-polar and took her to one doctor to the other until one gave her the bi-polar diagnosis and put her on pills. Well that made her worse. On the pills off the pills and self-medicating all the while. Well it turns out my step-daughter has never been bi-polar. She just needed to grow up.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate it when people give children labels.

ETA: I just love being around that girl. She turned out to be a good person. I knew it was in her somewhere! Have I mentioned how cute her baby is?

yes, the word "bi-polar" is thrown around too much...

(((Littledeer))) This case has to be awful for you to follow.

How does everyone KNOW that Maria didn't return the key??

Thank you, Littledeer! I haven't read any of the replies to this question yet but this question has been bugging me everytime I read about the key. Then I go on to read everything else and I forget about the question! lol

btw, thanks for sharing your story with us.. you made things very clear in how Maria might have been feeling. :)

If Maria drove over to CL's house and was abducted, CL preplanned it in advance. Abducted?? If she is already at CL's house, no need for an abduction.

By abducted I mean not acting on her own free will. Even if Maria drove herself to CL's house, if she was forced under threat to go back to her house to pack her bags, write a note and go to the bus station that technically is being kidnapped.

If that is what he did, he had a lot to do while his wife was gone.

I think it is very possible Christina came home and did help him clean up but that she wasn't a part of planning the murder and didn't even know it was going to happen.

Suzi:

Thanks. It certainly is. Bringing back so many memories!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good and bad. I relate to Maria so much being 20 and pregnant, unmarried, mother wanting baby put up for adoption. I could go on, but I might lose it.

Thanks for understanding and thinking of me. ((((((((hugs))))))))

britdees:

Bringing this forward about the key in case you didn't see it.

At this point, we’ll discuss a few things that occurred December 14th that the command did not know until sometime later. For example, when Sgt Durham arrives home from work, he finds a note left for him by LCpl Lauterbach stating, “I could not take this Marine Corps life anymore. So I am going away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maria.” Sgt Durham notices that some of her personal items are missing. She does not leave the house key behind. Sgt Durham calls LCpl Lauterbach’s sister concerning the note. Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA.” There is an ATM withdrawal of $700 from LCpl Lauterbach’s account. Transaction occurs in Jacksonville. Video surveillance confirms LCpl Lauterbach makes the withdrawal. The ATM information is not provided to the command until January 9th. Please remember LCpl Lauterbach was at work on Friday, was not required to attend the Christmas party, and therefore was not required to be at work until Monday morning.

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member