Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was lured to his house, and you might be right, he gave her some story like everything would be well ~ but that would also be premeditated since I'm sure the lure would've been to kill her. That's what's confusing, is why did the crime scene get so bloody? Did Maria fight back?

Good day all,

Boy you guys are on it! I had to read for a half an hour to catch up!

Anyway, about her COD...I sincerely doubt her throat was just slit. That would n't cause alot of spatter...and although it's horribly cruel, I wouldn't say it's "vilolent". The blood drains or ozzes as oppossed to squirting or being projected (I have watched too many CSI's, maybe? :crazy: ). He could have waved the knife around, but even then, I just don't think it would have produced the violent scene they are suggesting. I think rage took over and he beat her with something repeatedly, maybe cut her first, but in a fit of rage, beat her and tossed her around. Sounds more like extreme BFT to me. Spatter has to have some force behind it....especially to reach the ceiling.

A friend of mine once told me about a site called rotten (dot) com. Out of curiosity I went on there and looked at some things (long time ago. that site is disgusting!) and every throat slitting I've seen on there, the blood did not spray like BFT would do. Like I said earlier, it just kind of pours and oozes. Faces of Death is also another one I've witnesed that on. I've also watched a few beheadings from the middle east. The blood doesn't even squirt then. Sorry to be so graphic...but I just don't think that slashing her throat was the COD. I think was enraged and really did a number on her...especially since it was stated that the remains were not intact.

I wonder if they can still tell, even though she burned, what kind of shape her body was in before her burnt her.

Gross to even type, but trying to think of all angles and figure out just how dangerous this is. And maybe that's is why there was so much blood. :confused:

I wonder if she was stabbed in her belly? I know she was burned but how could LE have seen the little baby's hand?

I think that if the baby was inside the mother's womb when the body was set on fire it would have been one of the last parts to burn. Sheriff said that the baby's tiny fist was burnt off of the rest of the body. How would that be possible if the baby's entire body was inside the womb full of amniotic fluid and placenta?

Makes me wonder if the baby may have been delivered and placed in the pit under the mom's tummy area so as to make it appear to have been in utero when the body was burned.

Also, I believe that if the mom was beaten or placed under intense stress, the baby may have been delivered prematurely as a result.

Sorry for the graphic description, don't know how else to describe it.

What do you all think? Any OB nurses here?

Susan

My question with this theory is how does know adoption is even being discussed or considered? Didn't that only come out when Maria's mother was interviewed about her disappearance? and if Maria was in fact considering adoption why would she discuss with with ?

I'm not sure I have reason to believe she had any other intentions than raising the child herself. Possibly with the help of a roomate to share expenses. did she have a baby shower? Anything set up at her place for the baby? None of that has come out yet.

From what I've heard and read, the last phone call with her mom was, in my words, intense. It sounds like the mom was trying to talk her into giving the child up. IMO, because Maria was adopted herself, she may have strong feelings about doing that.

JMHO
fran

Before any one else jumps on the band wagon:

I do not think that hubby and Christine discussed anything about the baby with Maria.

I however, did say to Myster that it was a good theory and went on to say why I didn't think it could be so. I just love WS where we can all discuss different theories without being killed over it! LOL

Originally Posted by TGIRecovered
I understand that the Sheriff said that charges could not be filed for the baby's death at this time, but if it was later found that the baby was born alive, then burned, capital murder charges would apply for the baby.

To me, this sounds like a sufficient motive for the killer to try to make it appear that the baby had died before birth.

I just don't think that the fire would burn in such a precise manner that all of the flesh around the baby's fist would burn away, leaving tiny fingers exposed in the shape of the fist. That would be like expecting that one would be able to identify each internal organ seperately, instead of a charred mass of flesh all fused together. I would never expect, for instance to find body which someone tried to creamate and be able to see the heart or lungs sticking out, still in the shape that they were in before.

Susan

I heard this morning a neighbor saw Maria's car in the drive way. And saw the suspect drive it later on during the week

In the driveway?

Yikes!Really?I had not heard that.

oh, I can relate to Maria then.

I am also adopted. When I got pregnant at 21 (not being married either) I also had to listen to my mother tell me how I should give the baby up.

Make a long story short, my daughter is now 29 years old and has given me two beautiful grandaughters.

Anyways, that would have been so stressful to Maria!!!!! She might have at that point made her decision to keep the baby and was trying to get away from everyone and start fresh somewhere else.

I know she was a Marine, and that would mean an AWOL on her record, but heck, she already had been raped and nothing was being done. She probably felt there was no one but her and her baby.

I don't believe the baby was born, consequently, in that state, will not be considered as a murder victim other than a 'fetus.'

This is exactly the reason anyone living in NC, needs to step up to the plate and get "Laci's law" in that state.

Oh............wait, wait!! OMG, "Laci's and Clonner's Law" is FEDERAL!!

OMGosh!...........so..........if he murdered her on government property, he could be tried under that statute. Was his home on base?

JMHO
fran

In the driveway?

Yikes!Really?I had not heard that.

Yeah, I heard that last night on mr Feraldo.
(I was cracking up at that...mr. Feraldo. Bet Geraldo loved that!)

The one thing I find strange, is I believe it was either yesterday or Friday, the sheriff mentioned 'husband wife confidentiality.'

Now,...............why would he say that?

Just wonderin'
fran
Didn't he also say something like when all is revealed there would be some bizarre twist?

From what I've heard and read, the last phone call with her mom was, in my words, intense. It sounds like the mom was trying to talk her into giving the child up. IMO, because Maria was adopted herself, she may have strong feelings about doing that.

JMHO
fran

fran,
IMO, from what Ive seen, and been thru myself as an adoptee and a birthmother and counselor to prospective birthparents, I agree with you. First of all, her age puts her less likely to place a child for adoption (usually those over 18 keep their children) and second, the fact that she was adopted also makes her less likely to place a child. I know that I am still considered a rarity in the adoption community because of the fact that I'm an adoptee, AND I was 21 when my birthdaughter was born.

I don't believe the baby was born, consequently, in that state, will not be considered as a murder victim other than a 'fetus.'

This is exactly the reason anyone living in NC, needs to step up to the plate and get "Laci's law" in that state.

OMGosh!...........so..........if he murdered her on government property, he could be tried under that statute. Was his home on base?

JMHO
fran

Someone asked LE yesterday if would be charged with 2 murders, they said not in North Carolina, because baby wasn't born.

ember:

Very graphic. But thanks, explains the splatter. I was thinking of it spurting upwards from her head being bent backwards.

I haven't read just how much blood was found on the walls and ceiling.....

I do agree it was an OVERKILL!!! Then on top of that to burn the body......

He obviously was and is a very dangerous person right now if he is cornered I think he will not go peacefully!!!!!

Didn't he also say something like when all is revealed there would be some bizarre twist?

Yes, but he seems to use the word bizarre out of context at times.
He also said seeing the baby's hand was bizarre, which is bizarre, but is not one of the words I would have used to describe it.

JMHO
fran

Nope House was off the base.

Yeah, he has been saying that the whole time. IMHO, he thought they'd find her alive. He honestly did, IMO. I think he's in shock! over what he found in that pit. He was NOT expecting her to be dead, nor the baby either.

It's too bad his neighbors didn't report earlier to the sheriff about the car, the fence, etc.:(

JMHO
fran

ipswitch:

Looks like you got another "sister" to join you in the population! (hugs)

read my post.

Yeah, I heard that last night on mr Feraldo.
(I was cracking up at that...mr. Feraldo. Bet Geraldo loved that!)

Dang it I was watching Geraldo in bits and pieces..had company and was having a couple of Margaritas ...Figures I would miss that part...don't know if I missed do to the company or the margaritas :doh: lol.

Yeah, he has been saying that the whole time. IMHO, he thought they'd find her alive. He honestly did, IMO. I think he's in shock! over what he found in that pit. He was NOT expecting her to be dead, nor the baby either.

It's too bad his neighbors didn't report earlier to the sheriff about the car, the fence, etc.:(

JMHO
fran

They would have still find her dead. I woinder why her Mom did not report her missing till the 19th?

Since they worked together, it means they probably had mutual friends... she may have discussed her situation with someone or a few someones and they in turn shared the information with him, and seeing a way out, he approached her and took advantage of her situation and naivety, lured her over to his house to discuss what they could do for the baby and from there, he reeled her in, ultimately killing her. At the point of her dying, the poor girl had no one in her corner, it seems. No one... how heartbreaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173