Missing persons window on right side of page

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I see. You can click on the Missing Person arrow and posts will show.

Thanks for the screenshot, I will disable for now until it is fixed. If ok with you I may be on contact with you thru this process.

I will emphasize again, when bringing up or discussing an issue I need as much info as you can produce. Posts that are just "me too" only add to the noise.

You got a preview of what is to come, I promise it is better than that screenshot.

Thanks for the screenshot, I will disable for now until it is fixed. If ok with you I may be on contact with you thru this process.

I will emphasize again, when bringing up or discussing an issue I need as much info as you can produce. Posts that are just "me too" only add to the noise.

You got a preview of what is to come, I promise it is better than that screenshot.
If the "sidebar" is much smaller it may be acceptable to most users. The way it is now uses up half the screen.

If you need any feedback let me know.

ETA. Thanks that's much better.

i'm fixed!!!!!!!

thank you dave :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what it will be is supposed to be. I think some just use very unusual screen resolutions.

sidebarscreenshot.jpg

This is what it will be is supposed to be. I think some just use very unusual screen resolutions.

View attachment 71797

I use the screen resolutions that I do so I don't have to wear glasses. I can view most webpages with no problems. Nothing as severe as what I saw earlier anyway.

can i vote no? just askin' :D.......

it will just take up my screen......i don't have ads so what's the point?

If you don't have ads then you shouldn't see these things on the side.

We will listen and we appreciate your input.

We will do our best to make sure it's all smooth sailing when you come to Websleuths.

thank you tricia :seeya:

i panic with change :D lol

I was seeing it even with being logged on. It's such a relief to have things back to normal. I posted screen shots of what I was dealing with in the hardware/software forum. It literally cut my screen in half because I keep my text magnified at 150% to be able to read. My threads were 4" wide, and my PM's were 2" wide. I was ready to head to bed early and someone fixed it. Thank you for hearing us.

can i vote no? just askin' :D.......

it will just take up my screen......i don't have ads so what's the point?

I think I twice mentioned I am aware of an issue with adfree users.

Speaking of ad free users,

1: The ad free user system has not functioned properly since I came aboard. I will be making it one of my high priority items moving forward.
2: If I understand right, everybody over 100 posts should be ad free.
3: Ad free users will not be affected by this sidebar.
4: all better :)

FYI: There are two more posts with screen shots in the hardware/software forum. Mine was significantly worse than Ranch and Midge. I'm using a full size laptop.

Keep in mind, it won't be better for people who magnify past 100% to read. I had 4" column and 2" PM's. Even if that doubles, it won't be tolerable for me. I'm not trying to be a princess. I have to have my screen set at 150% to literally be able to read. I'm not blind or anything either. It's just more comfortable now that I've entered the phase of my life for reading glasses. Since I get the feeling there is an older crowd at WS, at least in the reading glass years of their lives, I'm guessing this will be a problem for many members.

Dave, here's link to a site that I sometimes have a problem with that is similar to this one.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/

At this site they have a sidebar with ads on it and with the screen resolution I use sometimes pictures that are posted bleed over into the sidebar. The text that he uses never does. If I hit Ctrl minus I can get things to separate.

I didn't think to try that here. Would that have helped?

Glad you mentioned bleeding, Ranch. I had text bleeding outside of my reply box.

Anyways, I'll post my screenshots here too if it will help with the process.

Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (3).jpg

The problem is already solved in my head. I have a couple of different solutions that will enable EVERYBODY to be happy. Until I can put my theories to practice the side bar is removed from all but the front page.

Take a deep breath folks.

My apologies to Ranch and members. If I would have caught your screenshot when you posted, it may have saved everybody some grief.

Thanks Dave! I saw the arrow on the right sidebar to close the window on the main page and I was able to close it and have the page go back to the way it was for me. xo

This has been turned back on for all but mobile users. If you are a user that must enlarge your view due to bad vision, you may close the sidebar by clicking the double arrow near the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500