Missing Posts

bykerladi

Reaction score
I apologize if this was posted somewhere and I missed it. Previously (pre update) when a missing person was located, the post relating to them would be moved to the "located" forum, unless it was an individual under 18 or the family/missing person requested removal. At least that was my understanding of the rules. Now, however, I notice that the majority of the located missing person, who are over 18, are removed totally, and not just moved to the located forum. It seems like if a person was located alive, the post is removed completely, but if they are found deceased it is moved to the located forum. Is this correct?

I apologize if this was posted somewhere and I missed it. Previously (pre update) when a missing person was located, the post relating to them would be moved to the "located" forum, unless it was an individual under 18 or the family/missing person requested removal. At least that was my understanding of the rules. Now, however, I notice that the majority of the located missing person, who are over 18, are removed totally, and not just moved to the located forum. It seems like if a person was located alive, the post is removed completely, but if they are found deceased it is moved to the located forum. Is this correct?
If it is a matter of an individual having gone missing voluntarily or if there are mental health issues, family/custody /domestic matters, the thread is pulled for privacy reasons. Members who started the thread and those who have contributed to the discussion should be receiving notification that the thread was pulled and a brief explanation.

Just a cursory look at recently pulled threads, they are for minors who have been found safe and mental health or family matters. It is not necessary that the family requests removal. It is general practice at Websleuths.

If there are some particular cases that you are wondering about, message me with the names and I will find out why they were pulled.

SB :)

If it is a matter of an individual having gone missing voluntarily or if there are mental health issues, family/custody /domestic matters, the thread is pulled for privacy reasons. Members who started the thread and those who have contributed to the discussion should be receiving notification that the thread was pulled and a brief explanation.

Just a cursory look at recently pulled threads, they are for minors who have been found safe and mental health or family matters. It is not necessary that the family requests removal. It is general practice at Websleuths.

If there are some particular cases that you are wondering about, message me with the names and I will find out why they were pulled.

SB :)
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question. I didn't realize that all those categories were pulled as well. Thank you so much for all your hard work Mods!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back