Missouri Governor in no rush to order pardon

Don't know much about the case but the articles I have read doesn't give much information about the case other than Kevin Strickland was innocent. If he is innocent I hope he gets a huge settlement from the state.

Don't know much about the case but the articles I have read doesn't give much information about the case other than Kevin Strickland was innocent. If he is innocent I hope he gets a huge settlement from the state.

Agree.
When the state prosecutors say he is innocent...that seems pretty clear cut. But the Governor says 'lots of people in line'. I'm pretty sure they other cases aren't the same.

Why should the guy spend another day, let alone another few months in prison??

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A judge ruled that after more than 40 years behind bars, Kevin Strickland will go free.

Judge James Welsh ruled that Strickland’s conviction should be set aside and that Strickland will be immediately released from custody. He was serving his sentence at a prison in Cameron, Missouri.

Welsh concluded that prosecutors met the burden of providing convincing evidence that undermines Strickland’s conviction in the 1978 murder of three people. The judge also pointed out that there was no physical evidence that connected Strickland to the murders and that he was convinced solely on eyewitness testimony. That eyewitness later recanted her statements and said she misidentified Strickland. Two other men convicted in the murders also testified that Strickland was not part of the crime.

Missouri judge orders immediate release of Kevin Strickland

There is no settlement from the state. :( "he was ineligible for compensation from the state, despite spending 43 years behind bars for a crime that he did not commit."https://www.businessinsider.com/kev...lly-convicted-missouri-law--donations-2021-11. A account set up has raised $1.4 million in just a few days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back