Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still planned to go to the water park as far as we know. And Sherrill's was expected to be quiet so they could sack out.

Considering Janelle started calling anytime from 7am then they wasn’t going to get much sleep so quietness doesn’t seem all that important.

The times the girls got home and ready for bed you are looking at 3.30ish.

So not even 4 hours sleep according to Janelle’s time frame. So why go to all the effort of driving home when they were going to get so little sleep anyway?

Also why would the house of been loud at 2am, all the out of town guests were Janelle’s family so it doesn’t sound like they was partying until the early hours of the morning as Mrs Kirkby was in bed asleep.

Last edited:
Considering Janelle started calling anytime from 7am then they wasn’t going to get much sleep so quietness doesn’t seem all that important.

So not even 4 hours sleep according to Janelle’s time frame. So why go to all the effort of driving home when they were going to get so little sleep anyway?

Also why would the house of been loud at 2am, all the out of town guests were Janelle’s family so it doesn’t sound like they was partying until the early hours of the morning as Mrs Kirkby was in bed asleep.

That 'movable' time frame...and 4 hours of sleep, even that young, isn't enough to feel grand the next day. And quietness...people were sleeping, except for Janelle's mom, and yes if they were going to get an early start it would have made sense to sleep at Janelle's. There's a lot of things that do not 'make sense' which need to be revisited in person by an objective team of experts not associated with any specific LE agency.
Who will come in and visit with people closest to the victims. I've seen (on Cold Justice) where they find new people to talk with along with fresh evidence.

Just for verification: it wasn't only make up removal pads found that indicated the girls had gotten ready for bed, the clothes that Suzie had been seen to have worn that night were tossed in a clothes bin and Stacy's bra was there supposedly leading her mother to ask if she left in a tee shirt only. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the clerk at the Apco "knew" Sherrill but recognized her from prior visits. My bad.

If we revisit Suzie's 'teenage' room...I do wonder if Suzie was in the habit of tossing dirty clothes in the bin or on the floor. This is just me but I wear my jeans more than one evening before tossing them in the wash pile.

One possible explanation I have for that is that Janelle was probably eager to have Stacy "to herself", that kind of thing - typical teenage disagreements and jealousy. I just get that impression from her attitude in interviews around the time of the disappearance that there was some tension that would have caused her to call Suzie "the other girl". Her wanting to leave so early for the water park perhaps stemmed from the fact Suzie and Stacy were on their own together - maybe she even left some voicemails that she regretted that morning when she couldn't reach them, could go some way to explaining the reasoning for them going into the house. I think we can guarantee she wouldn't have woken up at 7am if Stacy and Suzie had stayed over.

M.K. is his wife. She was quoted three times in the paper speaking on behalf of Sherrill. She was also a stylist IIRC

I think it's safe to assume he knew her.

Remember, Bartt was in the Navy and essentially casted out from the family. He didn't really see is mother all that much in that time.

It’s safe to assume M.K. knew her. Not Dale. My wife has lots of friends I’ve never met.

I’m just saying I’d need more proof than just his word.

Considering you wished Suzie, Mum and friend dead I would hardly call that friendship materiel.

Of course you have grown up since then but it still doesn’t diminish you’re callous behavior.
I’ve posted something similar before but it got deleted. Maybe this time it will stay.

26 years ago I said something horrible. I can’t change that. I own it. Nobody forced me to say it. I have no excuse for saying it. But I’d like to explain why I said it and what led up to that point. What was going thru my mind at the time. Perhaps it will help clarify some things for those who can’t understand why.

I had been in that interrogation room for what seemed like forever. Detective Webb had been asking me the same questions over and over. Barely even bothering to switch up the way he asked the questions. Basically just, where were you that night? Who were you with? Do you know what happened to the women? Over and over with me giving the same answers again and again.

After what seemed like the millionth time of hearing the same old questions, frustration and exhaustion got the better of me. I leaned back in my chair and just kinda chuckled to myself at the absurdity of the whole situation.

Detective Webb saw that and lost it. He started yelling at me, poking me in the chest and asking if I thought this was some kind of joke?

Well, I had had enough also. Me being the cocky smart *advertiser censored* that I am, I yelled back. I rolled my eyes and made some sarcastic comment about how funny I thought it was being accused of kidnapping three women. The combination of frustration, anger and the overwhelming absurdity of it all (how could anyone think I would do anything like this?) had me pissed. I wanted him to be as pissed off as I was so I said something that I knew would get under his skin. I looked him in the eye and said “I hope the *advertiser censored* are dead.”

It was heat of the moment and it was aimed at pissing off detective Mark Webb. Directed ONLY at detective Mark Webb. Nobody else.

I knew it was a stupid thing to say. I knew how wrong it was while I was saying it. I didn’t care. I just wanted to piss him off.

Had I known 48 hours was behind the mirror filming and would later broadcast what I said on prime time television for the victims families, my own family, and the whole nation to hear, I probably wouldn’t have said it.

Hindsight, right?

But I did. And I can’t take it back. And here I am 26 years later, still catching hell for it.

Okay, why ask a question that none of us knows the real answer to and then shoot down the answers given to the question asked? Some here are still sleuthing on the basis of what they would've done or what they think and NOT on the evidence. Stacey went home with Suzie. If either girl was afraid or concerned about something else happening don't you think that would have come up before now? Is it really likely they would have isolated themselves from the others with any hint of danger? And without mentioning it?

Wasn't the first call around 9:30AM then they went over a little bit after noon?

Where did 7 AM come from?

I've also read that both Suzie and Stacey planned to attend the same University, reason enough to rekindle their friendship, in my opinion.

I've also read that both Suzie and Stacey planned to attend the same University, reason enough to rekindle their friendship, in my opinion.

Do you have a link please as I have read Stacey and Janelle were off to the same uni and Suzie going to cosmetology school?

I’ve posted something similar before but it got deleted. Maybe this time it will stay.

26 years ago I said something horrible. I can’t change that. I own it. Nobody forced me to say it. I have no excuse for saying it. But I’d like to explain why I said it and what led up to that point. What was going thru my mind at the time. Perhaps it will help clarify some things for those who can’t understand why.

I had been in that interrogation room for what seemed like forever. Detective Webb had been asking me the same questions over and over. Barely even bothering to switch up the way he asked the questions. Basically just, where were you that night? Who were you with? Do you know what happened to the women? Over and over with me giving the same answers again and again.

After what seemed like the millionth time of hearing the same old questions, frustration and exhaustion got the better of me. I leaned back in my chair and just kinda chuckled to myself at the absurdity of the whole situation.

Detective Webb saw that and lost it. He started yelling at me, poking me in the chest and asking if I thought this was some kind of joke?

Well, I had had enough also. Me being the cocky smart *advertiser censored* that I am, I yelled back. I rolled my eyes and made some sarcastic comment about how funny I thought it was being accused of kidnapping three women. The combination of frustration, anger and the overwhelming absurdity of it all (how could anyone think I would do anything like this?) had me pissed. I wanted him to be as pissed off as I was so I said something that I knew would get under his skin. I looked him in the eye and said “I hope the *advertiser censored* are dead.”

It was heat of the moment and it was aimed at pissing off detective Mark Webb. Directed ONLY at detective Mark Webb. Nobody else.

I knew it was a stupid thing to say. I knew how wrong it was while I was saying it. I didn’t care. I just wanted to piss him off.

Had I known 48 hours was behind the mirror filming and would later broadcast what I said on prime time television for the victims families, my own family, and the whole nation to hear, I probably wouldn’t have said it.

Hindsight, right?

But I did. And I can’t take it back. And here I am 26 years later, still catching hell for it.

Thank you for such a honest answer :)

Do you have a link please as I have read Stacey and Janelle were off to the same uni and Suzie going to cosmetology school?

"Suzie and Stacy had plans to attend Missouri State University after graduation, and Suzie wanted to follow in her mother’s footsteps and become a hairstylist."

Rereading it's possible the writer posted the wrong name but here is the source:
directexpose.com/springfield-three-disappearance/

I think with all due respect intended, the police said it best as the media once reported back in the day, "Sherrill made some bad choices". I read that at one point, and based on everything I have heard about this case it all points back to Sherrill. And I think the "Bad Choices" they were referring to is something she got herself into that was worth enough to someone to keep her from talking. Someone and something she had gotten herself into spooked someone enough, when Suzie spoke to police, as did anything that Sherrill might have said to who ever she was involved in her activity, that it cost her and two innocent people their lives. Make of that statement what you will. Police have definitely "Downplayed" certain angles of motive, even from the start of the investigation. But don't kid yourselves. There was a motive, it wasn't a hard one to figure out, and police knew it fairly early on into their investigation, but had to downplay it as to not compromise anything they were looking at. All of the rest of this dissection is a waste of time. Unless some of these people also knew what Sherrill was up to that cost her her life, as I sincerely think at least two do, the rest is a waste of time.

One of the things that stood out to me was the use of the Ozark Organized Crime Task Force. Why?
Was this a crime that involved organized crime? Did Sherrill borrow money from someone she couldn't pay it back to? Was she involved in some manor with some faction of organized crime, either on purpose or by happenstance? Or was she involved in Illegal Narcotics and this angle has been downplayed by police for investigative reasons? And don't anyone say "No She Wasn't", because I'm not here to make her look bad, and no one knows except for her. But there are only a couple reasons motive wise that people kill. And that is at the top of the list. As is and Organized crime angle. Especially is she had been threatened and intern threatened to go to police, not knowing that the person she was threatening, had to potential to kill her at the drop of a hat.

I think it was misprint (I saw it also) Stacy and Janelle were going to attend SMSU (its got another name now) together. Suzie was going to follow in her mom's footsteps and go into cosmetology.

One of the things that stood out to me was the use of the Ozark Organized Crime Task Force. Why?
Was this a crime that involved organized crime? Did Sherrill borrow money from someone she couldn't pay it back to? Was she involved in some manor with some faction of organized crime, either on purpose or by happenstance? Or was she involved in Illegal Narcotics and this angle has been downplayed by police for investigative reasons? And don't anyone say "No She Wasn't", because I'm not here to make her look bad, and no one knows except for her. But there are only a couple reasons motive wise that people kill. And that is at the top of the list. As is and Organized crime angle. Especially is she had been threatened and intern threatened to go to police, not knowing that the person she was threatening, had to potential to kill her at the drop of a hat.

I think you are reading far too much into this. The Springfield PD really had no clue at the time what they were dealing with so reached out to many branches of LE. Mike was interviewed by an FBI agent from Guam. I don’t think the women had anything to do with crimes in Guam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn