Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
the foundation on that sunday morning , yes indeed . it was the oddest thing ever , the entire crew had to pull double time and work on their day off .

Still no response to all I’ve brought up about your “party 40”.
All we have is hearsay, anecdotal theory...all based upon connections from an ex-w. Please present hard evidence if you are sure if your theory.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Last edited:
I've hosted some decent-sized "field parties" on our farm so I've always found this interesting. I've attached a street view shot of the alleged field (complete with the "Little House on the Prairie" sign) and I'm also not sure how this field would support much of a party. There's no obvious spot for a stage and, more than that, it's completely bisected by a tree-lined run-off ditch that would confine vehicles to one side or the other. Plus not much room for all of that plus a tour bus and equipment trucks. And on top of that, it's not well-hidden. If nefarious activity was happening there, it was happening without the benefit of much in the way of tree cover.
pull the county map , the road was moved up off the creek bed to a higher location , sometime in the past 20 years , the 34 acres on the botton is walter long ( at the time is was pulled up )) previos owner i dont know , ...but the 6 acres on the top of billy dykes , completes the 40 , when you look at the strafford obituary of billy dykes , billys sister is married to walter long , the oddest side note is the well on the property thru a d.n.r search on the 6 acs shows randy ferguson , his name came up in an interview on another murder , tied to the same group ,

pull the county map , the road was moved up off the creek bed to a higher location , sometime in the past 20 years , the 34 acres on the botton is walter long ( at the time is was pulled up )) previos owner i dont know , ...but the 6 acres on the top of billy dykes , completes the 40 , when you look at the strafford obituary of billy dykes , billys sister is married to walter long , the oddest side note is the well on the property thru a d.n.r search on the 6 acs shows randy ferguson , his name came up in an interview on another murder , tied to the same group ,
Billy D. Dykes

Billy D. Dykes, age 67 of Strafford, MO passed away September 26, 2012 in Mercy Hospital. He was born August 1, 1945 in Springfield, MO to the late Glen and Marie Dykes.

Survivors include his loving wife, Cindy, of the home; two sons, Michael Dykes and Christopher Dykes both of Strafford; one granddaughter, Lillian Marie Dykes; two sisters, Wilma Long and husband Walter of Rogersville and Alma Terrell and husband Morris of Nixa; numerous nieces and nephews and a host of friends.

1) Randy Ferguson does not have a well listed there on the Missouri DNR.
2) Walter Long is not listed as the owner
3) Billy Dykes did not have a relationship with Larry as you said he did.

Does anyone have a link to the NL article eta three months after the kidnapping where it says mike Henson’s alibi still had not been confirmed? I saw this mentioned in comments but never saw the article itself.
A young male friend of the girls has given various accounts of the
events he recalls between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. on June 7. He was one
of those who entered Levitt's house early in the day apparently
looking for the women. "We pretty well cleared all that up,"
Worsham said of the friend's accounts. "He was simply confused on
some times as to where he was." End quote.N-L 8-3-92.

thanks so much. So we never got an alibi for mike from 2am-8am at all?

Are there dated photos of the slab poured in June ? Newspaper articles ect ?

I would assume Greene county required a building permit. If one located this, it would settle when it started. Permits even prior to dirt work I would think had to be done even back then. Especially since it is next to 65.

The aerial from 1996 shows the hotel next door, as well as all the buildings along battlefield.

Do we even have hard evidence that Janelle and Mike were actually EVER with Susie and Stacy that night? Other than Janelle/Ms Kirby's testimony?

Here's what I've seen:

1) Janelle makes inconsistent statements about the arrival of Stacy/Susie to her house. First, in the June 19th News Leader she says that Stacy arrived first and that Susie was "late". Then in the 28th article, she says that Susie got there first and then Stacy arrived after. Not a big deal except that saying Susie had been "late" makes it seem too specific to suddenly forget a week later.

2) First public mention of the initial departure from the Kirby residence is in the Kansas City Star on June 9. Kathy Kirby says the girls left her house with Janelle around 9 and this is the last time she saw them. Doesn't mention Mike. Same with June 9th article in News Leader- 9 with Janelle, no mike. June 10th New Leader says same- Janelle, Stacy, Susie (no Mike) leave and walk to Joy party. When do we see Mike joining the walk to the Joy's? I still haven't found anything that says he's with them at this point but I would like to see the date this was first disclosed.

3) No one, to my knowledge, mentions Janelle or Mike in their recollections of events. Although Janelle says the two "never left her sight for more than a few minutes", Appleby doesn't mention either one of them, only that he talked to Susie while Stacy was talking to "other people." Then we hear the reverse from Michelle Elder, who says she talked awhile with Stacy while Susie was the one talking to others. Why does no one mention Janelle/Mike if they were all joined at the hip as JK says they were? Also, contrary to some of Janelle's early statements which seem to imply that the group all traveled between parties together, we know that Appleby makes it clear that only the two girls rode with him to from the Elder party and back to their cars. Who were Janelle/Mike riding with since they supposedly didn't have a car either? In a Jeep, you should be able to easily fit five....why weren't Jk/Mh in that car?

4) The final stop at the Kirby's is definitely where information starts getting super sketchy. Initial police report, when asked when they were last seen, Janelle and Mike first say "at a graduation party" then follow up with that they all went to Janelles. Why not just say Janelles? Also no mention by KK of hearing them outside. Wouldn't you chime in and say you heard them if police were asking? June 9 article in Kansas City Star says last seen at 2:00 leaving graduation party. Clear that at this point media hasn't talked to Appleby yet. No mention of Kirby house departure and 2:00 is the last time they were at the Joy house. Again, Kathy Kirby quoted in article but makes no mention of hearing the girls outside. June 9, News Leader article "last time Kathy Kirby saw Suzi and Stacy was at 9pm. Yet again, no mention of hearing them outside. Wouldn't any normal person when asked when they last saw someone mention if you heard them? Says they returned after 2am to get cars but doesn't specify who was with them. Now, on June 10th, the story begins to change. Whereas before, Kathy Kirby didn't hear anything and had not seen the girls since 9, all of a sudden the article in the News Leader says at around 2am "Kathy Kirby offers to let them spend the night but not wanting to impose they decline." So is she now suggesting she saw and talked to them at 2am? Or is she saying that when they left her house at 9 they already knew they weren't going to Branson? Fishy fishy fishy. Finally, around June 14th, KK decides to tell everyone that ACTUALLY, she heard Suzi and Stacy outside when they got back. Apparently she just remembered. Neat.

Again, the reason I'm going through all of this is because I think that KK/JK/MH aren't telling the whole truth. For the inconsistencies above, I would argue it's most likely that Janelle and Mike were shacking up somewhere and she didn't want word to get out about that- especially to Ms Mccall. I'm beginning to think that KK took Asher aside early on and "confided" their silly secret to him....perhaps he checked with the hotel, alibi checks out, but wink wink we're not going to tell anybody don't worry. The kids have been through enough. And here we have the head of M.A.D.D. with us too- their little girl Adina. These are good kids, nothing to see here folks. Which is why they were allowed to get away with so many discrepancies and why no one challenged them at all, even though their stories in hindsight seem wildly inaccurate and inconsistent.

If anyone has any additions or corrections to anything above, please feel free to let me know! It's hard to find a lot of the older articles, I know I'm missing a bunch.
In old articles, does it mention either of the girls going to a photography studio to have professional style photos taken? I thought it had been mentioned previously.

The 3 purses together, IN BEDROOM leads me to think (MOO)

-multiple perps
-perps in Streeters room for a specific reason
-they were going to grab the purses but didn’t...I.e perp 1 had purses and was scanning room for anything else to grab and perp 2 “we gotta go!” (Possibly even tells other to drop the as that could be evidence / leave a trail). Perp 1 drops the purses and possibly helps perp 2 and maybe even 3 with the girls. Thoughts?

Do we know who this person was? I see this as important information. As I recall one of 21 people who went into that house reportedly had by one account a “miserable” alibi. I believe one person failed the polygraph based on my memory. Was it the same person?

Last edited:
The 3 purses together, IN BEDROOM leads me to think (MOO)

-multiple perps
-perps in Streeters room for a specific reason
-they were going to grab the purses but didn’t...I.e perp 1 had purses and was scanning room for anything else to grab and perp 2 “we gotta go!” (Possibly even tells other to drop the as that could be evidence / leave a trail). Perp 1 drops the purses and possibly helps perp 2 and maybe even 3 with the girls. Thoughts?

I wish I could find the photo of the purses. It is WEIRD looking, which you don't get from the descriptions in articles. They are lined up perfectly, with each wallet and keys sitting out of the purses beside them. To me, it looks like the perp(s) were going for the keys and were attempting to limit evidence left behind by not putting them back inside. Like someone was being very very careful to remove them. Now of course we know that at one point Stacy's mom takes her purse and keys and thinks about leaving with them, but I'm sure she wouldn't have touched Sherrill's so....

I wish I could find the photo of the purses. It is WEIRD looking, which you don't get from the descriptions in articles. They are lined up perfectly, with each wallet and keys sitting out of the purses beside them. To me, it looks like the perp(s) were going for the keys and were attempting to limit evidence left behind by not putting them back inside. Like someone was being very very careful to remove them. Now of course we know that at one point Stacy's mom takes her purse and keys and thinks about leaving with them, but I'm sure she wouldn't have touched Sherrill's so....

Consider this, of the 18 people that went into my mother's home, what if one of them felt the need to pick up the purses that were reportedly in Suzie"s bedroom and place them on the dining room table to look through them to see if their wallets and keys were in them and look for contact /address books, then when the police arrived either the first night or later they replaced the purses where they were told they were found.

I've seen multiple reports of where the purses were actually found.
1) On the dining room table
2) On the steps leading down into Suzie's room.
3) and then everyone can see the picture on the internet the purses wallets are keys are sitting on the floor in Suzie's room.

I have publicly said this before, the picture that I was shown of my mother's bed is not the same image that you can find online, the picture I was shown in 1992 had a quarter of the comforter and sheets folded back at an angle. Much later I saw the picture online for all to see, it shows half of the sheet and comforter folded over crosswise.

It is known that many things in the house were disturbed by those people that were in and out of the house, the "family and friends."

I believe, there was an attempt by LE within their interviewing process to find out where the items were originally observed and then the LE replaced them.

Obviously, you could call that a staged crime scene, staged by law enforcement.

You could also say it was just one of the first fiascos in a continuing fiasco by the SPD.

Consider this, of the 18 people that went into my mother's home, what if one of them felt the need to pick up the purses that were reportedly in Suzie"s bedroom and place them on the dining room table to look through them to see if their wallets and keys were in them and look for contact /address books, then when the police arrived either the first night or later they replaced the purses where they were told they were found.

I've seen multiple reports of where the purses were actually found.
1) On the dining room table
2) On the steps leading down into Suzie's room.
3) and then everyone can see the picture on the internet the purses wallets are keys are sitting on the floor in Suzie's room.

I have publicly said this before, the picture that I was shown of my mother's bed is not the same image that you can find online, the picture I was shown in 1992 had a quarter of the comforter and sheets folded back at an angle. Much later I saw the picture online for all to see, it shows half of the sheet and comforter folded over crosswise.

It is known that many things in the house were disturbed by those people that were in and out of the house, the "family and friends."

I believe, there was an attempt by LE within their interviewing process to find out where the items were originally observed and then the LE replaced them.

Obviously, you could call that a staged crime scene, staged by law enforcement.

You could also say it was just one of the first fiascos in a continuing fiasco by the SPD.

this is really helpful. I could understand them moving purses and looking for address books and whatnot, but touching and rearranging your mom’s bed is really bizarre to me! What on earth could they have wanted with the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa