Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out to his farm sometime in August 1992 all my mother and sisters possessions were stored in a 18-wheeler trailer and the cars were in his barn and we discussed what should be done with the cars, both cars were being financed through a bank and of course the bank wanted to continue to be paid , so we decided to turn the cars over to the bank. Strange...I don't recall ever looking in the cars at that time.
The attached article has a picture of what looks like a "dry van" 18-wheeler trailer filled with boxes. Do you know whatever happened to all of that?

Attachments

• stuff.pdf
    705.9 KB · Views: 64
Seeker, thank you for your kind words.

KB has frustrated me over the years, more than you could imagine.

Especially, after her last appearance on a tabloid style "true" crime tv show. Saying that she believed she had solved the case, but would not share due to her fears after she was threatened, that time line confused me.

However, KB was somebody that I truly needed to talk with in the late 2000's her dogged determination in getting people to talk to her, gave me hope that answers could be found.

That does not mean that I agreed with her tactics and I am deeply confused and frustrated as to why the information that she has accumulated over the years especially from her interviews with Steve Garrison seemingly have not been turned over to a federal agency.

She has been "investigating"
a triple abduction and in all likelihood a triple murder that has gone unsolved for 28 plus years and if she has uncovered links to LE in Missouri.
She needs to do, what she needs to do, to insure her and her loved ones safety.

I can understand her dilemma.

Remember, I left Missouri in September 1992 and contacted the FBI in another state about my concerns about what was happening in Springfield.

When I left Springfield my reasoning was based on two things, my daughter's safety and powerful instinctual concerns, not least of all, deep concerns about members of the SPD, there were some agendas that were incalculable by me at the time. I knew, I needed to move my feet and I did.

My Judgments of KB's silence, may have been based more on emotion and less on rational intellect.

I'm willing to do anything I can to help you. I'm planning on visiting Springfield eventually. I was going to go earlier, but Covid broke out. I'm from NC, so I'm sure the rural area isn't much different. It's my personal opinion that many people from Springfield know what happened but stand to lose a lot. I've never seen this as a random crime, but of course, I could be wrong. I can't see how anyone who could do something like this could keep it to themselves for so long. They have no conscious.

I

I believe that was the 3rd vandal, Joseph Riedel. It is my recollection that he may have used the name of Vocke in Illinois (that is somewhat unclear). He can be found in Missouri Case Net. (District 31)

The vandal’s names can be found in the Streeter blog.

So far as I know all are alive as are all three of the so-called “Grand Jury 3.”
Here's a question I've never really seen addressed: what brought Joe Riedel to Springfield? He was from northern IL (north of Chicago close to WI border) and had no family or friends in Springfield. So why Springfield, MO of all places (it's almost a random destination)? And how did he end up befriending Mike and Dustin?

Good for writing, Bartt! I hope someone will answer you. I will try and see if I can find the original person who said the prosecution would be difficult. I would definitely mention Asher and all that he said in the 2019 tv episode where he lied. I would mention in the letters that everyone who attended the graduation parties on June 6 needs to be interviewed again as well as any living parents of the then teenagers. It would probably be impossible, but I also think the phone records need to be checked to verify someone called while Janelle was in the house. Her and Mike's actions are still questionable to me. I would also write about Kathy Kirby and the way she threw shade at you in the second newspaper. I would also mention that Michelle Elder's wanted Stacy to spend the night with her at the last minute for some reason. If they still have any bed sheets or anything else perhaps it could be tested again. Do you know if their cars were ever dusted for prints? I would also mention looking into Dale. I wish you well, Bartt. You're a good guy and you have my full support. Whoever did this could very easily be 65+ by now. Time will eventually solve this case. I truly believe it.
All good points.

Not cleared, per se, but not a person of interest on Bartt's blog? Persons of Interest
They've spent a lot of time mentioning this case to the general public. Perhaps they should also start heavily mentioning it in that states prisons. Put up a few of those missing posters right in the prisons. Get the incarcerated people to start talking about it. Offer incentives for those individuals to find and report information. Who knows, one of them may have accurate information.

Janis said she thought it was odd Stacy went to Suzie's house to spend the night. What are the chances that the first time Stacy spends the night with Suzie in years three women go missing? I suppose it could happen, but that sounds strange to me. Why did Michelle Elders want Stacy to spend the night at the last minute? I've read multiple things, but it seems like Suzie and Sherril were getting prank phone calls all week. Could it be someone calling to say something was going to happen Graduation night? Could that be why Suzie didn't want to be alone? (If that's true.) Janis was strict with Stacy. So were my parents. On a night like graduation night, being the age Stacy was she could have wanted to spend time with someone Janis didn't know about and feel "rebellious." I've read so many things about Stacy's DNA being at Delmar, but nothing that ever confirms this 100%. James Wright, the FBI Agent said "I think they (other persons) were brought into this not knowing what was going to happen." This leads me to believe locals were involved with the crime. I'm always torn between the girls did or didn't make it back to Delmar. Though this theory is out there, everything could have been planted at Delmar to make it seem like they made it home and then abducted. Without Sherill to say for sure, no one knows if the girls made it back. Sherill stands out to me. Remember, due to varnish her window was cracked. Many people say Stacy was "At the wrong place at the wrong time." But I don't think this. I believe Sherrill was the one who stands out. She was at home tending her house and later reading. I've always wondered "Who has the most to lose?" When it comes to a crime like this. The papers and many townsfolk spin this and make it seem like it's Sherrill and Suzie's fault and that makes my blood boil. I hate victim-blaming. I know I'm from a different generation, but think back to being 18. How many things did you all do that you'd never want your parents to know about? Back in the 80s-90s, some parents refused to believe their children were having sex. "Abstinence" was the only way. There is someone on Websleuths that has multiple accounts and intentionally gets the thread shut down. This has been going on for years. Whoever it is isn't very clever. They always type the same and talk to themself. They know their time is running out. Tick tick tick...

That message Janis heard Sunday on the answering was from Friday. That means Sherrill and Suzie left it on the machine Friday night and all day/night Saturday. That seems odd to me. I’m sure they heard it; as teenage girls always check their messages. Why did they not delete it? I think both Sherrill and Suzie were being stalked and they knew it. Suzie probably wanted someone to spend the night because she was scared. Scared to the point that her mom in the house wasn’t enough to make her feel secure. I also think there was some kind of undocumented drama between Janelle and Suzie and something happened at Michelle’s. Something in which Stacy took Suzie’s side. It could of been as simple as basic jealousy. Wether or not this thing was related to the abductions or just a coincidence? Are there any interviews from Michelle I wonder? I have always thought the key to solving this case is the party goers. Like they all know a little something but don’t realize it.

If Suzie had been sooo scared up to the point of begging people to go to sleep to her house. Why would she ask Stacy to go? Another vulnerable teenage girl? She could have asked a male classmate/friend or more people to stay with her. And now that I think of it, that could be another hypothesis. Imagine receiving phone calls from someone telling you that sth is going to happen to you that night, you ask for help to the ones you trust, but they end up being the ones who hurt you. Like a horror movie.

Here's a question I've never really seen addressed: what brought Joe Riedel to Springfield? He was from northern IL (north of Chicago close to WI border) and had no family or friends in Springfield. So why Springfield, MO of all places (it's almost a random destination)? And how did he end up befriending Mike and Dustin?

That's a good question. Is there a bus route that would go from Chicago to Springfield?

That's a good question. Is there a bus route that would go from Chicago to Springfield?
My interpretation of the question is "why" Riedel came to Springfield - not inquiring about plane, train, bus, truck or automobile. Riedel's home/family was in N Illinois. He returned to N Illinois and continues to live in N Illinois. What was Riedel's reason for Springfield, MO? Any thoughts? Mike Clay would know why Riedel chose Springfield. But then, why was Mike Clay in N Illinois?

Is Joe (Riedel) his middle name?
Riedel is Joseph Paul Riedel. You might be thinking of Kovacs (the boyfriend prior to Dustin that she filed a restraining order agains) who, while he often went by "Mike," that was actually his middle name. His real first name is William (after his adopted Father) but, ironically, you can find Case.net records with both listed as his first name.

Mike moved from Springfield to IL with his parents when his dad was transferred. When there he met Joe. Mike decided he wanted to be back in Springfield with his friends and went back and lived with his sister who never left. Joe went with him.

@Bartt Streeter
Hi Bartt, how long has it been since you had any kind of a update from spd on this case?

My short answer: 7 or 8 years.
It would have been during the lunch with now retired detective Neal.

My longer boring old man answer: Same as above +

I did have some brief correspondence via email with Chief Williams and the Mayor, a few years back. (Heads up, neither one of them responds well to sarcasm.)
I wanted to ruffle some feathers and see whose nose, was up, who's butt.

If the Springfield Police Department wants to contact me they have the ability..

I honestly, have no desire for updates from the Springfield Police Department

The SPD's OG screwed the pooch on this case during the most critical period of time and everybody knows it. (I truly hope saying "and everybody knows it" will not be forever known as a Trumpism.

Any "REAL" present day systemic change within the SPD would have to start at the top and I believe Chief Williams still abides by old school cop mentality, that CYA extends to everyone with a badge. I find the chief tto be intelligent, well-educated and capable of continuing a cover up of the failings of past detectives and administrators the chief is more than capable yet unwilling to do a truthful evaluation one that would include public transparency and accountability in the handling of the failed investigation into the abductions and murders of three members of the city of Springfield Mo.

And as long as the community of Springfield Missouri doesn't pressure him, he will continue to believe that he is protecting the community with his inaction. Because in a microcosm that belief system is the root of so many of the issues of our time.

As I've said before, it has to scare the living *advertiser censored* out of many people to face how deeply liable, they are, let alone the department, city, county and state has been and continues to be all these years later.

When you start talking to other forms of law enforcement in Greene County and around the state of Missouri including federal agencies it doesn't take long to find out how lowly the SPD is thought off. Years ago that information was devastating , now days it just continues to validate many of my concerns.

In picturing the blue line of silence in my mind it is a thin pen style line.
However, when I picture the thin blue line of silence at the Springfield Police Department it is not thin it was created with a paint roller and continues to be overseen by officials at the very top all the way down through the ranks and has layer, after layer, after layer of fresh paint infused with self- righteousness,
narcissism, egocentric ignorance, inferiority complex and false bravado.

I came to realize long ago, that if anything of real significance happens in the case, Chief Williams (the peacock) will stage a press conference) so he can ruffle and spread his feathers for all to see) and then share the news.

If it is just more crap being added to the *advertiser censored* circus, then the media will be hovering and reporting enough sensationalist speculation for me to become aware of what's up.

It's not like there's a lack of instant information in the world right now, cultivating the ability to discern true information from the mounting layers of is a skill we all need to become more adept at.

The Springfield Police Department will never be a source which I could believe in or trust.

I can ramble on at times, my bad !

If Suzie had been sooo scared up to the point of begging people to go to sleep to her house. Why would she ask Stacy to go? Another vulnerable teenage girl? She could have asked a male classmate/friend or more people to stay with her. And now that I think of it, that could be another hypothesis. Imagine receiving phone calls from someone telling you that sth is going to happen to you that night, you ask for help to the ones you trust, but they end up being the ones who hurt you. Like a horror movie.

Could we please stop perpetuating this narrative that my sister was "begging" people to stay with her, I don't believe that's true.

While considering items to include in my letters to the attorney-general's.

The polygraph test, I took,came to mind.
I never released the information that I had passed the test to the media, yet it was on the front page of the paper the next day.

So, I started to look through the Google to see if that was a normal LE process and if was legal for the SPD to do so ?

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of luck finding a definitive answer on that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member